The Kop Band - The club want to know your thoughts..

I voted to say yes...sorry if it upsets a few but this season we needed something to get going and the band was the only thing sometimes to generate a little atmosphere.

However my seat is on the North so I have a bit of distance so as it doesn't annoy me.

• Like 1

Two generations of Wednesdayite’s have become lazy because they’ve never known a time without the band !

Trevor Francis brought them in to try and replicate a ‘Sampdoria’ type atmosphere in the nineties............  unfortunately for them that’s where they belong!

Didn’t like them when they were the Wednesday band. Now they’re this England band , The Sun backed, Leeds rhino supporting kinda franchise thing.  I despise them. Just like football existed before the Premier league .Sheffield Wednesday had support  (good and bad) before the band. 

It's a catch 22. 

The band parping away quite annoy me. 

But as others have said sometimes there would  be no noise without them.

If they really want an atmosphere...

• Boot the band 
  • Rip the seats out of the Kop.
  • Bank it steep

DC6UJrXW0AABIH0.jpg

• Make it £10 cheaper than the rest of the ground. 
  • Fill it with angry young working class men full of  ale and energy and  desperate to find  sense of direction and identity.

That's has and always will be key to atmosphere. 

Ok the last one doesn't fit the modern football narrative where grounds are full of nice people, couples and kids,  bearded hipsters twirling their beards while making notes for their tactics blogs and middle aged men, aye, me included, who they know will pay over the odds to sit and trump chewing a sweet. 

No. 

If they want atmosphere..

Then the KOP must become the Alp of humanity it once was. 

post-1-1172137971.jpg

A right of passage. 

Ok, ok. 

You can keep the roof.

bc6e8c437810f31748d9ada3fbb2e6d5.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Lombado said:

I voted to say yes...sorry if it upsets a few but this season we needed something to get going and the band was the only thing sometimes to generate a little atmosphere.

However my seat is on the North so I have a bit of distance so as it doesn't annoy me.

I'd argue that they don't generate an atmosphere. They play to themselves. People rarely join in. The sound of a brass band playing to themselves isn't an atmosphere I want to hear at a football match. No other clubs needs a band, why do we? Are we that tin pot? And a foookin Ken Bates bu.mming Leeds loving one at that.

14 hours ago, timrud said:

Get rid, the atomsphere is dead because of them.

Last time we had a vote on them hardly anybody wanted to keep them.

Bunch of freeloaders, better off at the Leeds rugby.

I think this is what annoys people more. The fact they prostitute themselves around for England and rhinos rather than their playing at Hillsborough.  I'm a bit ambivalent towards them but do agree without them it could be morgue like on a lot of occasions. Maybe the club could suggest a trial period without them to see what happens.

3 minutes ago, Brommers said:

I think this is what annoys people more. The fact they prostitute themselves around for England and rhinos rather than their playing at Hillsborough.  I'm a bit ambivalent towards them but do agree without them it could be morgue like on a lot of occasions. Maybe the club could suggest a trial period without them to see what happens.

A no band trial would be meaningless imo. What we need is to bring the singers together. It won't be easy, but the club needs to bite the bullet and try to create a singing section on the kop. If it means moving a few season ticket holders, so be it. A smallish section would grow naturally, but help is needed to start the process. You can't just ban the band and expect things to change within a game or two. It'll take a long time.

As I said earlier, it's disappointing that the club didn't ask a question about a singing section or safe standing.

Always say this. There are a few people who like them/actually enjoy the band.

Then there are people like me who they ruin the atmosphere of a match for. Can't stand em. It's not half love half hate. It's meh they're ok, and I wish they'd fizz off.

Completely killed the atmosphere. Fans don't know how to act in a stadium because they've killed it and drowned out the ones singing.

Just free loaders on a ego trip.