#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

12 minutes ago, spike1867 said:

Two players from Shrewsbury handed in transfer requests today. One is a 6ft 4in right sided CB who can play RB, the other a playmaker. I wonder if there is any significance in them announcing today? Both been on Championship clubs radar.

Its probably that sort of player we should look at if we get a green light.

Jon Nolan and Aristote Nsiala.

Even I'm desperate for some sort of rumour now.....:wacko:

Probably go to Ipswich. Paul Hurst had Nsiala at Grimsby and also signed him for Shrewsbury. 

Aston Villa have tabled a shock bid worth £17.8million for Barcelona defender Yerry Mina, according to Tutto Mercato Web.

The Italian news outlet claims that £8.9million has been offered up front by the Villains, who are being bankrolled by new co-owner Nassef Sawiris.

Even though Sawiris and Wes Edens saved Villa from their financial crisis last month, Villa still have to offload players before signing them to avoid breaking Financial Fair Play rules, but that has not stopped claims from Italy that the Championship club has made a huge offer for 6ft 4in (transfermarkt) colossus Mina.

Spanish news outlet Marca has previously reported that the Colombia international is earning £67,000-a-week on his deal at Barca.

2 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Aston Villa have tabled a shock bid worth £17.8million for Barcelona defender Yerry Mina, according to Tutto Mercato Web.

The Italian news outlet claims that £8.9million has been offered up front by the Villains, who are being bankrolled by new co-owner Nassef Sawiris.

Even though Sawiris and Wes Edens saved Villa from their financial crisis last month, Villa still have to offload players before signing them to avoid breaking Financial Fair Play rules, but that has not stopped claims from Italy that the Championship club has made a huge offer for 6ft 4in (transfermarkt) colossus Mina.

Spanish news outlet Marca has previously reported that the Colombia international is earning £67,000-a-week on his deal at Barca.

IF, thats the case, we juat aswell give up professional football and go non league,  it would be better, fairer,  cheaper, and far less toxic than the current game/exploitative business 

19 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Kean Bryan almost signed for Rangers until the deal fell through, typical that he ends up at the Blunts instead.

Never even heard of him !? 

30 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Villa are after Man United's top target are they.

:tango:

I reckon Mancienne from Forest could do a job for us, would at least give us a right footed centre half , could do worse if there’s any room to manoeuvre at all even if just on loan 

3 hours ago, bradowl said:

How do you know they've strengthened? some signings don't work out and can make a team poorer.

We could sign half a dozen players and we still might not improve, see my post about Birmingham in other thread.

No club buys a player to weaken their team though, which is the real point. Yes there's a risk, albeit a calculated one, but it's not logical to think a club buys a player expecting it not to strengthen them. 

Actually, when i think of Butterfield, maybe that's not the case at all! 

4 hours ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/metro.co.uk/2018/08/01/manchester-united-transfer-chief-flies-spain-seal-35million-yerry-mina-deal-7787869/amp/

Looks like that one is done!

I’m staggered if this is legitimate news, they need to look at different players if they have any hope of getting promoted.

Edited by Owl Rly
Mistake

I have to say that with the news Woodburn has gone to the pigs, this summer now feels like one of those nights out when you’re hoping to meet a nice lady but chat to no one, then towards the end a drunk bloke kicks you in the knackers for accidentally spilling his pint.

Now all we need is to wake up on a park bench with pissy trousers (defeat to Wigan).  Happens far far to often 

• Haha 5

53 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

I have to say that with the news Woodburn has gone to the pigs, this summer now feels like one of those nights out when you’re hoping to meet a nice lady but chat to no one, then towards the end a drunk bloke kicks you in the knackers for accidentally spilling his pint.

Now all we need is to wake up on a park bench with pissy trousers (defeat to Wigan).  Happens far far to often 

That feeling you feel now, remember it when the club gets in touch next season and your season tickets going up £50 to pay for continued investment and improvement in the team. lol

Article from the Birmingham Mail regarding Birmingham City’s transfer embargo..........

Garry will have aims and goals for the season based on spending the summer working out the changes to the squad he needed to carry out to make them competitive in the chase for at least the play-offs.

Now he is left with virtually the same squad as last season, while other teams who fancy their chances of winning promotion are spending to improve their squads.

This is what Birmingham City can expect from the new season

It’s accepted that clubs have to spend just to stand still in the Championship because of what other clubs are doing.

Without doubt the expectations for the season will now have to lessen both at the club and on the terraces.

What I cannot understand is that Blues have mega rich owners, so fear of administration is non-existent and yet they have been unable to convince the EFL that they are a sustainable business.

I am no expert on FFP but I suspect that the spending over the last two windows on fees and wages have caused the breach of the rules – both as a percentage of turnover and the effect on the losses the club show in its accounts.

All the loopholes that allowed clubs to circumvent FFP rules have been closed, so wealthy owners cannot just throw loads of money at it.

However, Ren Dong is in talks with the EFL to resolves the situation as quickly as possible and, if the season is not to drift away, it needs to be done sooner rather than later.

To be fair, I would imagine that lots of the Championship clubs have fallen foul of FFP, with the exception being those that have been relegated over the past two seasons and have the parachute cash and the ability to make more losses than the £39 million over three years that the rest have to live with.

This I am certain will eventually see the clubs relegated from the Premier League bouncing straight back, making it virtually a private members club.

The only way to overcome this is by allowing free trade in terms of transfers.

If you can afford it, then so be it, with perhaps a total wage cap bill for all teams.

I am certain we are not far away from the formation of Premier League 2.

By the way, what about loan signings?

Well, Blues will be unable to loan any players.

As I understand it, clubs under a transfer embargo can only loan players if they have a squad of professionals who have played at least one game and the squad is less than 23 in number and then only for half a season.

I can realistically only see a tough season ahead and expectations have to be pitched at that level.

It will be tough for Garry Monk, as he has made it clear he wanted to add some quality to the squad.

I hope he doesn’t get demotivated with the news of the embargo because he is key to getting results and performance out of the players.

4 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Never heard of him.

Any good?

Sheffield United have bolstered their options by signing Kean Bryan from Manchester City.

Bryan joins from Man City on a free transfer, signing a three-year contract with Sheffield United, the club’s official website has confirmed.

Man City do have a sell-on clause on any potential transfer in the future.

Bryan was close to completing a move to Rangers earlier in the window but that deal collapsed at the last minute.

The 21-year-old never played a senior match for the Citizens but has experience out on loan at Bury and Oldham Athletic over the past two seasons.

Last year, Bryan played 32 games for Oldham in League One and won the club’s Young Player of the Year accolade.

The former England under-20 international can play in a variety of positions, including centre-back, left-back or in midfield, making him a useful versatile option for the Blades.