#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

Ashley Williams on a season loan to Stoke. That's impressive. 

Really?? IMO ashley Williams is the opposite to the type of player we should be signing. Old, would want a big wage and  2 year contract, and is error prone.

Guest wilyfox
5 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

WBA signing Adarabioyo and Bartley is more impressive. We really are inferior to a lot of teams this time round. 

Have they?   WTF:

Guest wilyfox
10 minutes ago, 109Waddle said:

Really?? IMO ashley Williams is the opposite to the type of player we should be signing. Old, would want a big wage and  2 year contract, and is error prone.

Didn't say we should have been in for him. Would not have been viable. But his experience, leadership, and presence are valuable. His quality will show at this level. On a season loan, he will strengthen their cause. 

It’s good that we have so many academy youngsters in and around the squad, but how many of them address areas where we are lacking? 

They should bring energy certainly, but do any of them have the pace and power we are lacking? Are any of the defenders, the robust, dominant in the air, centre back we need? From what I’ve seen, none of them really address those issues

I think all supporters like the idea of a squad full of ex academy youngsters, but they have to improve the squad 

24 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

It’s good that we have so many academy youngsters in and around the squad, but how many of them address areas where we are lacking? 

They should bring energy certainly, but do any of them have the pace and power we are lacking? Are any of the defenders, the robust, dominant in the air, centre back we need? From what I’ve seen, none of them really address those issues

I think all supporters like the idea of a squad full of ex academy youngsters, but they have to improve the squad 

Good post Guru, we all understand we have to be careful with ffp and people can give me stick but the comments about us having a good squad is a matter of opinion, good to see young players in the squad but while we have stood still a lot of clubs in the Championship have bought quality and improved even more, hope im wrong but i think Jos is in for a shock...maybe us as well..we are gonna be a long way off the pace.

19 minutes ago, jack whitham said:

Good post Guru, we all understand we have to be careful with ffp and people can give me stick but the comments about us having a good squad is a matter of opinion, good to see young players in the squad but while we have stood still a lot of clubs in the Championship have bought quality and improved even more, hope im wrong but i think Jos is in for a shock...maybe us as well..we are gonna be a long way off the pace.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d rather us have promising youngsters padding out the squad We didn’t need such a large squad, and certainly not one with so many experienced back up players

However, it’s clear that we still have the shortcomings that have let us down previously That those have not been addressed in recent seasons, despite spending millions, is scandalous This could be addressed right now, through loans if necessary 

Why aren’t we getting some of our youngsters out on loan? Most Championship clubs have been sending out youngsters to get league experience, I believe Utd have 11 out Alright, it won’t shave much off the wages bill (though every little helps) but it will give them much needed experience 

20 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Why aren’t we getting some of our youngsters out on loan? Most Championship clubs have been sending out youngsters to get league experience, I believe Utd have 11 out Alright, it won’t shave much off the wages bill (though every little helps) but it will give them much needed experience 

I hate to say it, but maybe other clubs don’t want our youngsters? 

One thing you have to admit about the pigs is their youngsters are often youth international players. We don’t tend to have a lot of those, and one that we did jumped ship as soon as his contract expired. 

When they have gone out on loan they have hardly played, Penney and stobbs

Edited by Southie_Owl

22 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Because we won't deal with clubs unless they're willing to pay their wages in full.  

24 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Because we make the club pay 100% of the wages and a lot of lower league clubs can't afford the wages Wednesday pay. 

Simple. Successful businessman is our chairman. 

15 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

One thing you have to admit about the pigs is their youngsters are often youth international players. We don’t tend to have a lot of those, and one that we did jumped ship as soon as his contract expired. 

Agree with this I think our youngsters are are slightly overrated at times. It will be interesting to see who makes an impression this season

54 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

And yet Jos thinks they are good enough for championship football That’s a worry