Rhodes

12 minutes ago, 3mps said:

Surely we replace him...

With a pot plant? Would be about as useful.

He's had loads of time to prove himself and failed. Past his sell by date, if we can get him off the wage bill then time to cut our losses. Bought him 5 years too late unfortunately.

• Thanks 1

I'd like him to stick around long enough to see if anything gels with Jos at the tiller 

Yes he's been in shocking form, confidence shot to pieces, and needs to earn his place back with goals. However, in all of this, among the howls of outrage from the people who were already annoyed a fortnight after we bought him, there's a question we haven't addressed nearly closely enough - what happened under CC's tenure to make such a nice, hardworking, non-primadonna footballer look so utterly, crushingly miserable and devoid of self-belief?

A low-scoring run alone is not nearly enough of an answer IMO. I want the JR back who could barely stop grinning when he finally got to come here. That was about so much more than money. He was ELATED.

It lasted about a month.

WTF.

3 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

Nicko: Rhodes move depends on other club selling a player. Why do they all leave it so late??

Does this mean another club selling a player to us or another club selling a player to make room for Rhodes.

1 minute ago, Mr. Tom said:

I'd like him to stick around long enough to see if anything gels with Jos at the tiller 

Yes he's been in shocking form, confidence shot to pieces, and needs to earn his place back with goals. However, in all of this, among the howls of outrage from the people who were already annoyed a fortnight after we bought him, there's a question we haven't addressed nearly closely enough - what happened under CC's tenure to make such a nice, hardworking, non-primadonna footballer look so utterly, crushingly miserable and devoid of self-belief?

A low-scoring run alone is not nearly enough of an answer IMO. I want the JR back who could barely stop grinning when he finally got to come here. That was about so much more than money. He was ELATED.

It lasted about a month.

WTF.

It lasted until he stopped scoring.

Just not bothered...

Can’t believe the amount of comments I’ve seen saying wages freed up for George Hirst !!   Jesus Christ ... it’s like people would be perfectly happy to make an unproven kid the highest paid player at the club just because he might be as good as his old man 

pathetic 

6 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Can’t believe the amount of comments I’ve seen saying wages freed up for George Hirst !!   Jesus Christ ... it’s like people would be perfectly happy to make an unproven kid the highest paid player at the club just because he might be as good as his old man 

pathetic 

He’d still be better than Nuhiu though haha

*cries*