Rhodes

I'd personally keep him for now. Unless we manage to get a replacement signed on loan til the end of the season that is. Someone with pace and who can score. Maybe a youngster with something to prove. Then he can leave on a loan/permanent/loan with view to permanent or whatever.

Get Winnall back in summer sandnd there's rhodes replacemyn already.

2 hours ago, Watto said:

Rhodes helping a relegation rival?

He's stopped scoring have you noticed?

They can have him for me , we will replace him easily , could get 3 decent players in for what he cost us 

So had Chris Ogrady

Carlos had stopped managing etc 

This would be a loan bid.

1 hour ago, Buxtongent said:

If I remember correctly, it was on here for a full transfer session, and before, that we must buy that striker from Middlesbrough, but up to the end of the session, he was proving unavailable. With time running out, the Manager pulled off what many considered a first class swoop an bought a forward from neighbours Barnsley, a young man who had been scoring goals apparently at will to replace the aforementioned striker. This was thought at the time to be a fantastic piece of business. Suddenly, the original striker is made available, and is duly bought.

For some reason, neither continued with their scoring, but this had nothing to do with how they were being used, so the OT word became 'get rid'.

What's different about playing for Wdnesday. Are we the only club that could make someone like Messi into a has-been?  

You'd think that on the day Gary Madine leaves Bolton for £6m the knuckledraggers who have never left South Yorkshire would start wondering if there was more to it than just these players being crap wouldn't you?

Crap like Grant Holt, crap like Leon Clarke, crap like Jaques Maghoma , crap like Darko Kovacevic...

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

So had Chris Ogrady

Carlos had stopped managing etc 

This would be a loan bid.

Loan/ permanent  whatever get him off the wage bill and get someone in that looks like he might make an impact 

1 minute ago, Watto said:

Loan/ permanent  whatever get him off the wage bill and get someone in that looks like he might make an impact 

There has to be something in it for us, if it means we can get someone in with a bit of pace and quality then it seems worth considering. But if it’s a case of simply moving him on and not bringing anyone else in, I’d rather wait til summer.

2 minutes ago, George said:

You'd think that on the day Gary Madine leaves Bolton for £6m the knuckledraggers who have never left South Yorkshire would start wondering if there was more to it than just these players being crap wouldn't you?

Crap like Grant Holt, crap like Leon Clarke, crap like Jaques Maghoma , crap like Darko Kovacevic...

Rhodes had stopped scoring at Boro and they had our pants down big style , Leon Clarke has had arguably a purple patch under a manager that gets the best out of players

Just now, Bluesteel said:

There has to be something in it for us, if it means we can get someone in with a bit of pace and quality then it seems worth considering. But if it’s a case of simply moving him on and not bringing anyone else in, I’d rather wait til summer.

I agree 

Guest RocketOwl
4 hours ago, flash said:

Apparently Sunderland want him on loan according to The Sun! 

Could be why he was only on the bench last night. Surely Sunderland aren’t after both him and AN! 

Not seen a thread so sorry if pope etc... 

Might have been on bench due to the fact he's rubbish also.

11 minutes ago, George said:

Jacques Maghoma is crap though.

• Haha 1

I really do hope Rhodes leaves. I've seen him play more than enough to make an honest judgement of him and he's a "ok" player but no way is he a 10mil striker. He's no better than any of the other strikers we have at Wednesday. 

I just feel Rhodes isn't a threat, he isn't strong enough, he isn't fast enough and when things aren't going his way he seems to disappear. 

If we could let him go and bring a young LB from the premiership and potentially a young striker too I'd be more than happy. 

If the offer is financially in our favour let him go. 

We've Joao, matias and Dave, hopefully others will start filtering back in now and I don't think it's really all down to who we've got up front at the moment as to why we're not scoring, our midfield just dosent create enough in the final third. 

Reach has been fantastic of late, but dosent really make that many chances, he looks more of a box to box full of energy and converting chances type these days. Butterfield and Jones offer little to no service to the strikers, not even the odd through ball most of the time and our fullbacks while looking solid and can launch a cross in are no Beckham. For me we need to get Hooper and Lee back to link things along with Nando, Bannan to create and VanAkren to supply from the back 3. Which looks very good for next season when hopefully everyone will be fit. 

Guest RocketOwl

Most horrendous signing in our history.

Forresteir, Hooper, Fletcher all injured and he's still not grabbed the bull by the horns and is behind Nuhiu Mathias and Joao now.

Weve paid 10m for a 7th choice striker - 8th choice when Winnall is back. Astonishing.

3 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

Most horrendous signing in our history.

Forresteir, Hooper, Fletcher all injured and he's still not grabbed the bull by the horns and is behind Nuhiu Mathias and Joao now.

Weve paid 10m for a 7th choice striker - 8th choice when Winnall is back. Astonishing.

You are hooked aren’t you , it’s going to take years for you to get over Jordan Rhodes isn’t it haha !! 

4 hours ago, Watto said:

Rhodes had stopped scoring at Boro and they had our pants down big style , Leon Clarke has had arguably a purple patch under a manager that gets the best out of players

Not true. 

He scored every 200 minutes at Boro. That’s very decent, though not compared to his best.