Rhodes

As I posted earlier tonight in another thread, despite his lousy form for us, he has scored at a far better rate than Joao and Nuhiu, and Matias is totally unproven (and never fit) so I hope to God Hooper, Fletch and/or FF get fit very very soon.

Edited by Holmowl

3 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

As I posted earlier tonight in another thread, despite his lousy form for us, he has scored at a far better rate than Joao and Nuhiu, and Matias is totally unproven (and never fit) so I hope to God Hooper, Fletch and/or FF get fit very very soon.

Obviously. He's a poacher. He's always going to pinch goals here and there.

Problem is, he does absolutely nothing else. Joao and Nuhiu actually contribute in other ways. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

No point if there's no time to bring a goalscorer in. Little time left to do anything. Would be bonkers to let a striker go without bringing someone in? Surely, if Rhodes goes we have to bring someone in?

It won't make any difference if he goes...he doesn't score

Just now, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Obviously. He's a poacher. He's always going to pinch goals here and there.

Problem is, he does absolutely nothing else. Joao and Nuhiu actually contribute in other ways. 

Joao mis controls the ball and runs around like a headless chicken 

Nuhui is effective from the bench. When he starts in the league he contributes very little

Neither are a goal threat

14 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

It lasted until he stopped scoring.

Sure, but I think it was more than that. Not trying to be Mr Conspiracy Guy or anything, but the goals thing alone doesn't seem enough somehow. It was a slow start, but not totally goalless. The real slump came a little later, and it seemed more all-encompassing than simply his goal tally to me. Meh, could be wrong. But it all feels a bit weird and wrong.

2 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

It won't make any difference if he goes...he doesn't score

Yep but none of the other strikers are scoring in the League too and our better attackers are all injured. Regardless of Rhodes going or leaving, we lacked goals and pace, and need to bring someone in, whether he stays or goes.

10 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

For balance Joao has often has played out wide, so not a true comparison.