Rhodes

7 minutes ago, Walt said:

For balance Joao has often has played out wide, so not a true comparison.

To re-balance, his two goals this season Came when he was out wide.

He didn’t score last season.

So, his last goal for us as striker was two years ago almost to the day........

Still want us to sell Rhodes anyone, and rely on Joao and Nuhiu for goals, with a combined total of one goal between them in two years in league matches as a striker?

9 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Joao mis controls the ball and runs around like a headless chicken 

Nuhui is effective from the bench. When he starts in the league he contributes very little

Neither are a goal threat 

He's only had 2 league starts to be fair to him.

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Still want us to sell Rhodes anyone, and rely on Joao and Nuhiu for goals, with a combined total of one goal between them in two years in league matches as a striker?

Play fair Holmowl. ...Gary Lineker and Jimmy Greaves wouldn't have scored double figures in the last two years at Hillsborough!

22.30: SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY - Jordan Rhodes update

As things stand Jordan Rhodes will not be leaving Sheffield Wednesday in this transfer window. There has been interest from more than one Championship club today but a deal that suited all parties wasn't reached and, as of now, he'll remain a Sheffield Wednesday player...unless something truly sensational happens in the next half an hour (which is unlikely) 

Just now, everydayiswednesday said:

As things stand Jordan Rhodes will not be leaving Sheffield Wednesday in this transfer window. There has been interest from more than one Championship club today but a deal that suited all parties wasn't reached and, as of now, he'll remain a Sheffield Wednesday player...unless something truly sensational happens in the next half an hour (which is unlikely) 

Gutted

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
1 minute ago, everydayiswednesday said:

Fine by me.

Think this is just journos trying to keep what is a waste of time as a transfer window interesting. Half of the wouldn't know a Championship player if they bumped into them in the street so they pick out a name some will know 

11 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

SWFC CAREER - CHAMPIONSHIP MINUTES PER GOAL

Hooper         196

Forestieri      223

Winnall         250

Fletcher        273

Matias          331

Rhodes        380

Joao             381

Nuhiu           403

It's been done to death mate but DJ Mortimer's post the other night gives some insight.

I've never been a fan of just going on stats alone as there are too many variables to consider. 

But yes I'd sell Rhodes or anyone for that matter if it makes our first eleven better.

27 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I thought Rhodes showed a bit more aggression against Cardiff, fighting for the scraps a bit more. Joao needs someone doing that.

Joao up front on his own is like playing 4-5-0

TBF playing Hooper or Rhodes in the lone striker role wouldn’t work either.

That said, Lucas is as far from a lone-striker as you can get. Poor first touch, not strong, gives the ball away too often and not great in the air.

Fletch is the only one we have who can play the role, and you need plenty of goals from elsewhere in the team to rely on Fletch in that role.

9 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

If the reports are true about us willing to let him go I can’t imagine Rhodes knowing the club wanted rid will help with his already poor confidence. 

I think and hope Jos will be good for his confidence.

45 minutes ago, Walt said:

SWFC CAREER - CHAMPIONSHIP MINUTES PER GOAL

Hooper         196

Forestieri      223

Winnall         250

Fletcher        273

Matias          331

Rhodes        380

Joao             381

Nuhiu           403

It's been done to death mate but DJ Mortimer's post the other night gives some insight.

I've never been a fan of just going on stats alone as there are too many variables to consider. 

But yes I'd sell Rhodes or anyone for that matter if it makes our first eleven better.

Not read the thread from which those stats are quoted but to be fair to Nuhiu a fair chunk of those minutes will have been as a late substitute and a good few will have been when he has been sent on just to waste time or hold the ball up and trundle (I would have said run but....) into the corner with Carlos having no intention of trying to get a goal at that stage.

Joao does some good things but too often wastes his good work with the wrong pass or a poor shot. Rhodes contributes little to build up play other than winning free-kicks if the ref is sympathetic to his countless falls and his finishing has been poor. Jos has done a great job in shoring up what was a fragile defence but without our injured creative midfielders we need whoever plays up front to be clinical, Joao hasn't learnt that art yet and sadly Rhodes seems to have lost the art since moving to us.

In this instance the stats don't lie and the fitness of the top 2 on the list above is key.