Jordan Rhodes - Disaster

9 hours ago, prowl said:

Winnall is a decent player, he works hard and you know what you are getting with him but that's it, he will never be a superstar. On his best day he will never be as good as Rhodes was on his best day. The difficulty is deciding whether Rhodes will ever achieve that level again. If there is a way we can get Rhodes back to his best we will have the best striker/poacher in the Championship so it's worth spending the rest of this season trying to do so.

Unlike most posters on here I'm happy to say I don't know how it will pan out. This season is dead and we have a lot of players out so there's not much pressure unless we flirt with relegation. Let's cut all the players some slack and let Jos have a good look at them. Jos knows how he wants us to play, he will decide who fits the system and who is never going to. If he decides he wants a big battering ram up front he will sign one and get rid of those that don't or can't fit the bill. It's not long until the end of the season so let's be patient.

We're 8 points of the bottom of the table (!), so the season is absolutely not dead unfortunately.

We're 2nd bottom of form table over the last 2 games

We haven't scored in the last 4

We have the majority of our first team out with long-term injuries

We need to start scoring goals and winning games soon. Absurd as it is seeing as we started the season with 7 first team strikers, we need to sign one and take Rhodes out of the team

2 minutes ago, Widders said:

Scored 6 in 18 then sold. He's scored 3 In 18 for us. 

Not bad for a bench warmer. 

So basically getting less and less since his 20 goals a season time.

As someone said earlier it seems the times of a goal poacher are past.

2 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

So basically getting less and less since his 20 goals a season time.

As someone said earlier it seems the times of a goal poacher are past.

I was saying find out why. If it's age, fitness etc. Then adapt his game, position. Ferguson did it with his ageing players and it worked well. Big Sam also can eak out the best of an aging player. The best managers adapt. Constant change and turbulence isnt helpful. I hope Jos can get the best out of all the squad. 

1 minute ago, Widders said:

I was saying find out why. If it's age, fitness etc. Then adapt his game, position. Ferguson did it with his ageing players and it worked well. Big Sam also can eak out the best of an aging player. The best managers adapt. Constant change and turbulence isnt helpful. I hope Jos can get the best out of all the squad

Agree with that.

9 minutes ago, Widders said:

I was saying find out why. If it's age, fitness etc. Then adapt his game, position. Ferguson did it with his ageing players and it worked well. Big Sam also can eak out the best of an aging player. The best managers adapt. Constant change and turbulence isnt helpful. I hope Jos can get the best out of all the squad. 

F00k me he's 27.

FFS.

29 minutes ago, robswfc said:

We're 8 points of the bottom of the table (!), so the season is absolutely not dead unfortunately.

We're 2nd bottom of form table over the last 2 games

We haven't scored in the last 4

We have the majority of our first team out with long-term injuries

We need to start scoring goals and winning games soon. Absurd as it is seeing as we started the season with 7 first team strikers, we need to sign one and take Rhodes out of the team

OMG..WTF?..

FFS..

Slowly take off your wife/girlfriend/ boyfriend/agents top...lead them to the bedroom...and stop posting.

FFS.

Guest RocketOwl
2 minutes ago, A12owl said:

So did 99% of OT  posters. I remember the night we signed him. Can't remember how many pages in a couple of hours but everybody was going apoplectic with the signing. 

Probably @RocketOwl wasn't in agreement but hey ho  you can't please all the people all the time. 

His career was already declining when we signed him and was worrying the lack of competition for his signature.

Just now, A12owl said:

Nice one vulva.

This what @RocketOwl posted.

Rhodes, Rhodes, Rhodes, Row your boat, up the Championship, merrily merrily merrily, up to Premier league. Cheers.

It seems the Rhodes hater was also pretty pleased with the signing.

Where did Rocket go?

:CEO:

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

With custard or cream?

Or even ice cream? I prefer custard as a rule.  I'm a bit of a sod for it.

But if the pie is still warm...I don't mind a scoop of ice cream, then it starts melting but keeps it's coolness. Mmmmm......apple pie.

Mind. Warm pastry gives me terrible heartburn. 

Probably another reason I usually go for cold pie and warm custard.

For me, piping apple pie with ice cream straight out the freezer is the food of the gods.  

But custard it was.  

I wouldn't generally favour cream.  But in our increasingly fractious society we have to tolerate difference, and live with each other.

58 minutes ago, torres said:

Not sure that’s the point 

Just because we have a bunch of crocks doesn’t make Rhodes any good. They are irrelevant to the point.

No one should question his commitment. 

How about removing the neg in the other thread please? 

37 minutes ago, Hawkowl said:

F00k me he's 27.

FFS.

So find out why he's not banging them in then. What if we sell him, they tweak a  couple of things like set up, tactics and training and he bangs 20 in. FFP doesn't give you opportunity to chuck 10 million away in this league. You have to make what you've got work. 

Trust me, with a mush like this I know that. 

Guest RocketOwl
4 minutes ago, A12owl said:

If Rhodes scored a hat trick every game till the end of the season then @RocketOwl would still complain about him. 

He is probably just a wum and loves him really. 

Probably has a shirt with Rhodes on the back.

Go on rocket ...show us your shirt.

Why would I complain if that happened? I only want us to be a successful team. With Rhodes playing upfront this is not the case.

3 minutes ago, Widders said:

So find out why he's not banging them in then. What if we sell him, they tweak a  couple of things like set up, tactics and training and he bangs 20 in. FFP doesn't give you opportunity to chuck 10 million away in this league. You have to make what you've got work. 

Trust me, with a mush like this I know that. 

I think you will find it's the coaching staffs job to find out why he is not banging them in.

But i'my guessing it's not because he is 27.

FFS.