Jordan Rhodes - Disaster

What do people expect him to turn around? He’s never been the type of striker who would prosper in the modern game He doesn’t have the attributes  neccesary in today’s game All he can do, is pretty much what he’s doing now. I can’t fault him for effort, but he will always be the weak link up front

12 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

I wouldn’t have him in the squad , think Jos is doing a good job so far but I was a tad concerned with the hoof out of defence against Cardiff prefer a bit more composure hope it’s not going to be a regular thing . 

Hang on, I think thats the first negative towards the manager, good old Wednesday fans.

Pearson is still available.

The two best chances yesterday didn't even fall to Jordan Rhodes.

He was always struggling to get enough height for the header and fair enough he should have done better with the shot.

Joao had a much easier header and his shot should have at least forced a save. Also Reach should have hit the target.

Edited by Owlinmad

12 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

We won't be building our team and playing style around JR..and nor should we...rather have madine all day long

neither will bring the success that we strive for, madine, makes me think of the desperate days, we hopefully have moved on with bigger fish to fry, our expectations should match those of the chairman not looking back to desperate times

8 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Playing with 10 men, it gets better.

Thick

1 minute ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Hang on, I think thats the first negative towards the manager, good old Wednesday fans.

Pearson is still available.

You appear to be very angry , like to elaborate !!! 

9 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

What is it 11 in 23 starts for Hooper 

Rhodes 6 in 14 starts 

Fletcher 3 in 14 starts

Like I have said, many players were playing below par, if they weren't CC would still be manager. In the same game the Burton defender Flanagan walked through 4 of our defenders, lets forget that and focus on Rhodes.

How often do Keepers score, not really a 'fine margin'. 

See my point about people not understanding fine margins.

How many more goals should he have in relation to chances missed?

Like I said, his transfer fee means he must have a 100% conversation rate.

Winnall

Joao

Hooper

lee

Bannan

Matias

Hutchinson

ALL

Have a better conversion rate than Jordan....

10 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

Imo he will turn out to be our worst ever signing,,going on the cost and value for money etc etc

You reckon?

It's all relative to the financial circumstances of the club at the time and comparative fees/wages but whatever happens, Rhodes has some catching up to do to be worse than Sinton and Jeffers in that respect.

1 minute ago, Owlinmad said:

The two best chances yesterday didn't even fall to Jordan Rhodes.

He was always struggling to get enough height for the header and fair enough he should have done better with the shot.

Joao had a much easier header and his shot should have at least forced a save.

I agree 4 big chances none taken 

Just now, debram said:

neither will bring the success that we strive for, madine, makes me think of the desperate days, we hopefully have moved on with bigger fish to fry, our expectations should match those of the chairman not looking back to desperate times

Well day I was shouting for Dave to come on for JR at ht,,so I suppose we are back at them 'desperate times'...would you really prefer JR to madine?

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Winnall

Joao

Hooper

lee

Bannan

Matias

Hutchinson

ALL

Have a better conversion rate than Jordan....

All those players have a better ratio than 6 goals in 14 starts this season?

Are we talking about goals or yellow cards or injuries picked up?

Please elaborate

1 minute ago, Lichfield alien said:

Well day I was shouting for Dave to come on for JR at ht,,so I suppose we are back at them 'desperate times'...would you really prefer JR to madine?

Gary Madine has scored 10 goals this season..in a side worse than ours according to the table...

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

You reckon?

It's all relative to the financial circumstances of the club at the time and comparative fees/wages but whatever happens, Rhodes has some catching up to do to be worse than Sinton and Jeffers in that respect.

Has JR offered more than sinton and Jeffers so far?? No...so you don't need to answer that one :picnic:

1 minute ago, Lichfield alien said:

I too was shouting for Dave to come on, yes quite desperate really, its just statistics with JR and GM, i dont think either would take us forward

3 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

All those players have a better ratio than 6 goals in 14 starts this season?

Are we talking about goals or yellow cards or injuries picked up?

Please elaborate

Do you not understand "Conversion rate"?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/sheffield-wednesday/top-scorers

Edited by asteener1867

Well Reach is now off the hook and Rhodes has clearly taken his place, sad that it is, when Jos starts to get something out of Rhodes the ‘glass half empty’ brigade will no doubt have someone else to moan about. Come on guys it should be a clean slate all round, manager and staff, players and supporters, give it a try, it might just catch on.

Just now, optimisticowl said:

Well Reach is now off the hook and Rhodes has clearly taken his place, sad that it is, when Jos starts to get something out of Rhodes the ‘glass half empty’ brigade will no doubt have someone else to moan about. Come on guys it should be a clean slate all round, manager and staff, players and supporters, give it a try, it might just catch on.

No chance, we had no manager so the chairman got it.

Its what we do best and one of the reasons why our players don't really like playing at Hillsborough.