Jordan Rhodes - Disaster

49 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

The fact is that Jordan Rhodes was an expensive signing and its in the very best interest of SWFC that he gets back to his best. I saw signs yesterday that it was coming.

Never mind all that though, its much more rewarding to get on his back and make the situation worse.

I have known it a while but it still amazes me how thick some our fanbase are.

It also amazes how gullible some are as well.

4 minutes ago, trask43 said:

The problem is it borders on wishful thinking everyone has now decided Carlos was to blame for Rhodes failures and that's fair enough. But there's no reason for thinking good things are on the horizon the Dutch pundits mostly said pelepussy is a defensive midfielder with no positive attributes in an attacking sense and the same applies to lukuhay he has reputation of being a defensive minded disciplinarian why would any of these things help Rhodes when under Carlos we put in more crap crosses than any other championship team and Rhodes didn't prosper.

You forgot a word.

lol

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

I am pretty sure he's scored this season, the transfer fee means nothing.

CC tried to convert Rhodes into a target man, in the meantime we were creating very little in terms of chances for any of our strikers.

Rhodes could have had another couple of goals if his conversation rate was 100%.

I can understand your view if that is what you expected, still makes you a bit thick though.

How many goals has Hooper got...playing in the same team?

"Rhodes "Could have got another couple"....What instead of duckin' outta the way ala Burton albion?

Westwood could have scored from a goalkick mate....Fine margins eh?

I take your comments on the intelligence of posters on here, in the same vein I take yer..."If Rhodes had scored more goals....he would have scored more goals"

Bloody ludicrous and way beyond thick...its fantasy...

27 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Another thick tw@ that cant look beyond the transfer fee.

Were you alive a few weeks ago when we went about 8 weeks creating about 5 half chances?

It bit personal. Getting rattled because you have been found out to be a closet expert and keyboard warrior. No need for personal insults is there , young man.

4 minutes ago, Owlinmad said:

How many did he miss yesterday and how many did he set up ?

He never hides even when it isn't going for him. That shows character.

Most people can see he isn't playing well and Jordan knows that himself.

So what’s the answer , keep playing him ? It’s bordering on playing with 10 men when he is picked I’m harsh I know but it’s how I feel . 

5 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

The players were giving about 60% for CC, they wanted him gone, some of those performances were awful and spineless.

Over the last 2 games we have seen an increase in work rate and application, although lacking a bit in quality, no one gets fit in 2 weeks, therefore the players had it in them but didn't want to do it.

It seems all the players got a fresh start under the new manager, apart from our most expensive player.

Wednesday fans 

:ghoulguy:

Why say "Forget the transfer fee"?..Then harp on about our most expensive player?

Our most expensive player is not performing...I hope he does...but I'm not hanging my hat on it, simply because the stats don't lie....he's not scoring...

Hooper was playing under Carlos, under the same limitations...Why hasn't he got a similar scoring record?

7 minutes ago, Owlinmad said:

How many did he miss yesterday and how many did he set up ?

He never hides even when it isn't going for him. That shows character.

Most people can see he isn't playing well and Jordan knows that himself.

Turn it round, how many did he score to contribute to the 3 points we got. Oh wait a minute. The old saying my friend is, points make prizes.  3 preferably 

1 minute ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

So what’s the answer , keep playing him ? It’s bordering on playing with 10 men when he is picked I’m harsh I know but it’s how I feel . 

He set up at least 2 good chances yesterday so I wouldn't agree it's like playing with ten men. It will be up to the new manager ultimately but if I was in charge I would keep him in and try to get a settled partnership going.

2 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

Turn it round, how many did he score to contribute to the 3 points we got. Oh wait a minute. The old saying my friend is, points make prizes.  3 preferably 

How many did anyone score yesterday to contribute to the 3 points we got 

2 minutes ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

You forgot a word.

Crosses are crosses a good striker plays with his teammates all week and anticipates what's coming. On one level your definitely right given Carlos tactics relied on overlapping fullbacks he should certainly have looked for fullbacks with better end product but it doesn't change the fact that Rhodes has missed an absolute hatful of chances from crosses this season from the rangers friendly to the Bolton away game to yesterday he's had his chances.

Just now, Owlinmad said:

He set up at least 2 good chances yesterday so I wouldn't agree it's like playing with ten men. It will be up to the new manager ultimately but if I was in charge I would keep him in and try to get a settled partnership going.

We won't be building our team and playing style around JR..and nor should we...rather have madine all day long

1 minute ago, Lomas613 said:

If we forget all previous time under Carlos tactics (that completely wiped him out of his game) then start from fresh new era under Luhukay then he’s 3 games no goal. Let’s wait untill something clicks don’t forget no one scored in a while. I recon soon enough things will start to fire and work weather it being when a more creative player in team Pelupessy? Or bannan back or just anymore strength round him. Just wait start from fresh under this new manager i believe we will see best out of him again 

Hooper was a regular scorer under “Carlos’ negative tactics.” Hooper is a far superior player to Rhodes so I suppose he has the ability to adapt to most situations and not rely on the planets aligning for him to score or have a decent game. Can we also forget the glaring misses, the falling over, the not being able to win an header, the not being able to control a ball, the running in concrete that we saw from Jordan Rhodes in the CC era?

Yeah new start for everyone and fwiw I thought Rhodes had one of his better games yesterday. Ok he missed his usual six yard header and a one v one and there was the odd falling down lark that he loves but I actually thought he contributed to the overall team performance and played a couple of cracking final balls into the box something that he has rarely done. I can’t quite fathom the outburst on here after he imo played quite well. He has been far worse and escaped such criticism. Don’t think the slating was justified on that performance, maybe it was down to the previous performances.

Just now, Owlinmad said:

I wouldn’t have him in the squad , think Jos is doing a good job so far but I was a tad concerned with the hoof out of defence against Cardiff prefer a bit more composure hope it’s not going to be a regular thing . 

3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

How many goals has Hooper got...playing in the same team?

What is it 11 in 23 starts for Hooper 

Rhodes 6 in 14 starts 

Fletcher 3 in 14 starts

"Rhodes "Could have got another couple"....What instead of duckin' outta the way ala Burton albion?

Like I have said, many players were playing below par, if they weren't CC would still be manager. In the same game the Burton defender Flanagan walked through 4 of our defenders, lets forget that and focus on Rhodes.

Westwood could have scored from a goalkick mate....Fine margins eh?

How often do Keepers score, not really a 'fine margin'. 

See my point about people not understanding fine margins.

I take your comments on the intelligence of posters on here, in the same vein I take yer..."If Rhodes had scored more goals....he would have scored more goals"

How many more goals should he have in relation to chances missed?

Like I said, his transfer fee means he must have a 100% conversation rate.

Just now, Lichfield alien said:

Imo he will turn out to be our worst ever signing,,going on the cost and value for money etc etc

You may well be right, who knows ?

What is sad is the fact that if your prophecy does come true you can bet your life there would be numerous threads on here claiming " I was right about JR" from Wednesday "fans".