Jordan Rhodes - Disaster

12 months, 47 appearances, 9 goals. How patient do we have to be before we are justified in saying Rhodes has been a monumental failure thus far? I want our team to be successful and why would I care who is scoring the goals for that to happen. Not only is he not doing that, he's showing precious little sign that he will either. 

When he was signed I was highly sceptical. I can't claim to have technically analysed his play and judged that but I was concerned at how Middlesbrough weren't using him much and he wasn't scoring many when he did. And I've never been too keen on players who offer little but the glory of mainly converting simple chances. It was an unnecessary signing as we already had 6 experienced strikers, and as we have seen, the fee and salary was always likely to have some impact relative to FFP regulations.

Rhodes was bought to score goals at a significantly higher rate than those we already had. He simply has not delivered that. Another 60 minutes where he draws a blank and he'll fall behind renowned goal machine Kieran Lee in the list below.

SWFC : CHAMPIONSHIP MINUTES PER GOAL 2017/8

Winnall              136

Hooper              193

Nuhiu                 264

Joao                  299

Rhodes             322

Lee                    335

Fletcher             536

Reach               630

Wallace             846

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

You big baaaby.

Ffs

2 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Only joking you big baby..

Just don’t think it’s right he / She Negs comments about raising money for a very worthwhile cause. 

Couldnt give a flip about negs just don’t understand the mentality 

Edited by Spencerowl

1 minute ago, Spencerowl said:

Just done think it’s right he / She Negs comments about raising money for a very worthwhile cause. 

Couldnt give a flip about negs just don’t understand the mentality 

Sorry mate didn't realise what you were moaning about ?

I just thought you'd been on the cagde  again with another poster trying to get more freebies and got negged 

I've removed the negs I gave you and replaced it with a love heart xxxx

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

12 months, 47 appearances, 9 goals. How patient do we have to be before we are justified in saying Rhodes has been a monumental failure thus far? I want our team to be successful and why would I care who is scoring the goals for that to happen. Not only is he not doing that, he's showing precious little sign that he will either. 

When he was signed I was highly sceptical. I can't claim to have technically analysed his play and judged that but I was concerned at how Middlesbrough weren't using him much and he wasn't scoring many when he did. And I've never been too keen on players who offer little but the glory of mainly converting simple chances. It was an unnecessary signing as we already had 6 experienced strikers, and as we have seen, the fee and salary was always likely to have some impact relative to FFP regulations.

Rhodes was bought to score goals at a significantly higher rate than those we already had. He simply has not delivered that. Another 60 minutes where he draws a blank and he'll fall behind renowned goal machine Kieran Lee in the list below.

Winnall              136

Hooper              193

Rhodes             322

Fletcher             536

Reach               630

Wallace             846

Spewing out personal opinions dressed up as fact tho.

Go and manage a football team instead..oh you can't..can you?

It must be incredibly frustrating for you to have to live your best years out on here instead of out on the pitch..... amazing that no pro club has picked you up.  Anyhoo.. you can come on here and spark a bit of debate while you're waiting.

FFS.

13 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Winnall              136

Hooper              193

Rhodes             322

Fletcher             536

Reach               630

Wallace             846

DJ Mortimer appearing in negative thread shocker.

3 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Sorry mate didn't realise what you were moaning about ?

I just thought you'd been on the cagde  again with another poster trying to get more freebies and got negged 

I've removed the negs I gave you and replaced it with a love heart xxxx

No worries 

19 minutes ago, Hawkowl said:

I think you will find it's the coaching staffs job to find out why he is not banging them in.

But i'my guessing it's not because he is 27.

FFS.

I didn't mean you, I actually meant coaching staff. I never said age, I said age, fitness etc. I don't know the reasons. 

My point is simple. Don't call for the lads head, call for the people in the club to get him playing. We as fans support the team. Forums are OK and so is the social media but it's so easy for people to blurt out their unchecked opinions. 

Not so many months ago the same people calling Carlos a king on the terraces were abusing him on here. Football has got more fickle than ever. 

Same people who call for loyalty and pride in the club turn on players in an heartbeat. I'd struggle to show loyalty and pride with that kind of support. 

Not hard to put yourself in someones shoes,  few rarely do of late

Just now, DJMortimer said:

:laugh:

Argumentum ad hominem.

£7-10 million, 12 months, 47 appearances, 9 goals.

Playing for a team thats created very little in that time, the same team that scored very few goals and for a manager who had run out of ideas, who now sit 17th in the Championship.

You really need to make your mind up, is it Mr Chansiri's fault, is it CCs fault or is it JRs fault.

You just jump from one negative bandwagon to the next.

5 minutes ago, Widders said:

I didn't mean you, I actually meant coaching staff. I never said age, I said age, fitness etc. I don't know the reasons. 

My point is simple. Don't call for the lads head, call for the people in the club to get him playing. We as fans support the team. Forums are OK and so is the social media but it's so easy for people to blurt out their unchecked opinions. 

Not so many months ago the same people calling Carlos a king on the terraces were abusing him on here. Football has got more fickle than ever. 

Same people who call for loyalty and pride in the club turn on players in an heartbeat. I'd struggle to show loyalty and pride with that kind of support. 

Not hard to put yourself in someones shoes,  few rarely do of late

I nevery said age ,I said age,

Bloody hell now I am confused. 

FFS.

Just now, Sgt Wednesday said:

Playing for a team thats created very little in that time, the same team that scored very few goals and for a manager who had run out of ideas, who now sit 17th in the Championship.

You really need to make your mind up, is it Mr Chansiri's fault, is it CCs fault or is it JRs fault.

You just jump from one negative bandwagon to the next.

Take a look at the minutes per goals statistics again. Other players (including a central midfielder) aren't finding those same factors quite so restrictive. 

And as for who's to blame? I'd say all of the above.

What other negative bandwagons am I on at the moment? 

Try and debate the post, not the poster.

£7-10 million, 12 months, 47 appearances, 9 goals.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Could it possibly be that the team and tactics havnt been set up to get the best from Rhodes. A player of his PROVEN quality doesn't just deteriorate without a logical reason.

He did nothing at borough so a couple of seasons minimum with little returns

Just now, Hawkowl said:

I nevery said age ,I said age,

Bloody hell now I am confused. 

FFS.

Age, fitness etc. Indicating it could be a mixture of both. Or one or other, I then said I didn't know. Because I don't. I'm comfortable not knowing everything. 

Here's an interest article on ending goal droughts. https://www.fourfourtwo.com/performance/training/staying-confident-during-goal-drought

6 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Could it possibly be that the team and tactics havnt been set up to get the best from Rhodes. A player of his PROVEN quality doesn't just deteriorate without a logical reason.

In his last 18 games at Blackburn, where he obviously was prolific, he scored just 4 times (and one of those was against League Two opposition in the cup).

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

In his last 18 games at Blackburn, where he obviously was prolific, he scored just 4 times (and one of those was against League Two opposition in the cup).

Yet it wasn't kept secret and still the majority on here choose to forget that and demanded the chairman needed to be putting his hand in his pocket for him to show he was serious about promotion. 

Everybody must have thought that he could come here and score regardless. 

3 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Did he not score 85 goals in 169 appearance for Blackburn? 

Or do we only count the last 18 to suit your agenda?

FFS.

Just now, Hawkowl said:

Did he not score 85 goals in 169 appearance for Blackburn? 

Or do we only count the last 18 to suit your agenda?

It always has to be an 'agenda' doesn't it? Calm down folks; it's just a football forum.

OK then, how has he done since then? Or is that not allowed either? Since mid-October 2015, he's scored 19 goals.

Prolific? Once upon a time.

11 minutes ago, Widders said:

Age, fitness etc. Indicating it could be a mixture of both. Or one or other, I then said I didn't know. Because I don't. I'm comfortable not knowing everything. 

Here's an interest article on ending goal droughts. https://www.fourfourtwo.com/performance/training/staying-confident-during-goal-drought

You may be comfortable with not knowing everything ,but I do.

The wife often says to me.

"The trouble with you is you know everything. Or thing you do anyway"

I rest my case.

FFS.