Jordan Rhodes - Disaster

Guest RocketOwl

There will still be many on here finding excuses in two seasons time when he is still performing at the level we have witnessed. 

Confidence isnt going to make him faster, stronger and more competent at linking play effectively. 

His one on one miss is extremely worrying. I've watched the clip numoerous time now. What's clear to me and worrying is his lack of movement to get into that chance. Watch it. Joao gives Rhodes no choice but to go for the ball - it's a fantastic ball by Joao. It's fantastic because Rhodes doesn't make the run. Fernando orHooper would already be on the half turn making it easier to compose for a finish. It's all too rushed as Rhodes is to slow seeing the opportunity - which is supposed to be his main strength. 

7 hours ago, thewookieisdown said:

The really crazy thing is that when our strikers miss chances they get slated by a vocal minority.  They have games where they don't have chances and they don't get criticised.  It is completely daft.

How did the brisket work out?

FFS.

Just now, Lichfield alien said:

Has JR offered more than sinton and Jeffers so far?? No...so you don't need to answer that one :picnic:

No, that is not what your post inferred. If you talk about wasting money and return on investment, at the time Sinton was signed I think the fee was 2.7 million which would put it among the top fees paid in Europe at that time. His wages would be comparable to some leading international footballers. The return over the years was nowhere in line with the outlay. 

Jeffers cost 700K when the investment in the club was on its knees. I can safely say that nobody would say the club got a fair return on the outlay. Comparatively speaking, he was a worse return on investment than the outlay on Rhodes now.

Rhodes is certainly turning out to be a waste of precious resources but not to the extent of the above pair (in comparative terms).

1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

No, that is not what your post inferred. If you talk about wasting money and return on investment, at the time Sinton was signed I think the fee was 2.7 million which would put it among the top fees paid in Europe at that time. His wages would be comparable to some leading international footballers. The return over the years was nowhere in line with the outlay. 

Jeffers cost 700K when the investment in the club was on its knees. I can safely say that nobody would say the club got a fair return on the outlay. Comparatively speaking, he was a worse return on investment than the outlay on Rhodes now.

Rhodes is certainly turning out to be a waste of precious resources but not to the extent of the above pair (in comparative terms).

We wer in the pl when we signed sinton so that's a none starter...jr will end up making Jeffers look like a bargain :Chansiri:

4 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

What is Chinese for 50k a week over 4 years..plus 7 mill transfer fee..you don't seem to be grasping the outlay and value for money aspect of my argument

• Haha 1

Just now, Lichfield alien said:

We wer in the pl when we signed sinton so that's a none starter...jr will end up making Jeffers look like a bargain :Chansiri:

We were in the Premier League but have you any idea where 2.7 million ranked among transfer fees at that time?

I am not defending Rhodes or his scoring record but I think you are wrong on both counts.

5 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

No chance, we had no manager so the chairman got it.

Its what we do best and one of the reasons why our players don't really like playing at Hillsborough.

Its a football forum Sargeant..not a f.ookin' barracks...

Plenty on here have argued their point without resorting to insults...

Rhodes isn't doing what we thought he would...Yet you would rather call posters "Thick" for not agreeing with your point of view, instead of simply posting your opinion

Its the argument of the playground that..a feeble attempt to bully someone into into submission by setting up a premise of your own making.

Its a tranparent ploy that is played out on here, thread upon thread....no f.ooker falls for it anymore..its sodding infantile

• Thanks 3

Just now, ChinaOwl said:

We were in the Premier League but have you any idea where 2.7 million ranked among transfer fees at that time?

I am not defending Rhodes or his scoring record but I think you are wrong on both counts.

Well I think you are wrong on all 3 counts..so we might as well leave it at that

1 minute ago, Lichfield alien said:

What is Chinese for 50k a week over 4 years..plus 7 mill transfer fee..you don't seem to be grasping the outlay and value for money aspect of my argument

2.7 million would have been close to the British record fee and probably the equivalent of 40 million + now. His salary would have been around those paid to Arsenal and Manchester United players. That's what I do know.

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Its a football forum Sargeant..not a f.ookin' barracks...

Plenty on here have argued their point without resorting to insults...

Rhodes isn't doing what we thought he would...Yet you would rather call posters "Thick" for not agreeing with your point of view, instead of simply posting your opinion

Its the argument of the playground that..a feeble attempt to bully someone into into submission by setting up a premise of your own making.

Its a tranparent ploy that is played out on here, thread upon thread....no f.ooker falls for it anymore..its sodding infantile

So is masked swearing.

Don’t think many are even arguing over Jordan Rhodes and his goals tally , it’s his overall game and what he brings in terms of positives that is the problem with him , other than 2 passes to Joao yesterday , just what has he contributed. Think I find it alarming that we could splash out so much money on a player who clearly is not anywhere near as good as his price tag .

6 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Are you talking about minutes per goal?

Would you be happier for Jordan Rhodes to be on one goal and injured all season?

Nah mate...I would be happy for Rhodes to nab a couple and go on a run...

Its not a witch hunt as far as I'm concerned...Its a worry.....

I honestly don't know why you asked the question

Once again setting your own agenda...

Nope...Rhodes hatrick next game for me...its the signs of the chances of that being remote that bother me.