Jordan Rhodes - Disaster

6 minutes ago, Widders said:

Sportsman go through these phases, they pass quicker with support and positive encouragement. Someone telling you your bobbins all the time makes it worse

So hang on...You think we should be supportive?..fair comment

Shall we play the same 11 when available EVERY bloody week then...in case we upset someone?

Its hardly diatribe..its fans expressing concerns for the most part.

Shall we shut the forum down until we win 4 on the trot?

6 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Think I find it alarming that we could splash out so much money on a player who clearly is not anywhere near as good as his price tag .

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. We payed top dollar for his record. That's usually what determines someone's fee. That and potential. He's been bad though. I honestly can't see where he's going to find that yard of pace, that clinical finishing, that strong hold up play or even that poachers eye. Hope he proves me wrong. 

1 minute ago, Semedo's ferret said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. We payed top dollar for his record. That's usually what determines someone's fee. That and potential. He's been bad though. I honestly can't see where he's going to find that yard of pace, that clinical finishing, that strong hold up play or even that poachers eye. Hope he proves me wrong. 

Yes hope he proves me wrong too , can’t see it due to the issues you point out . 

4 minutes ago, Semedo's ferret said:

You're right about the hindsight, think we dropped a boll*ck with the record.

As you say hope he proves us all wrong.

There’s barely a player that hasn’t had some stick on here. Reach, Bazza, Hunt, Pudil, Loovens, Jones, João, Palmer have all be apparently sh.t, then ok, then sh.t again, and it’s anyone’s guess which way the pendulum has swung this week.  Rhodes was clearly lacking in confidence yesterday and snatched at that chance. He also got out muscled for a lot of the game. He’s still finding space though and with a decent coach (which I think we now have) he finds an extra yard and starts rolling those defenders.  The pendulum will then swing back and everyone can pick on someone else.  Rhodes is a good striker who’s just lost form. 

Guest RocketOwl
30 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Shall we play the same 11 when available EVERY bloody week then...in case we upset someone?

That's bang on mate.

Be intersting to see if Wildsmith has a crisis in confidence if the fans back him like we have with Rhodes.

1 hour ago, Owlinmad said:

The two best chances yesterday didn't even fall to Jordan Rhodes.

He was always struggling to get enough height for the header and fair enough he should have done better with the shot.

Joao had a much easier header and his shot should have at least forced a save. Also Reach should have hit the target.

Exactly this.

Interesting.

Just had a quick scan of the last few pages and what I took from them was.

If Jordan Rhodes missed a strike it's because he is dogger.

If Lucas missed the same shot it is because he is ONLY 24 so still developing.

The strangest thing is Gary [should never be seen in a Wednesday shirt again] Madine. Is now the messiah.

It's funny I just remenber him as a complete tw*t who got pissed and beat innocent people.

Whats wrong with Nile Ranger if he's out of prison surely we can land him as a free agent.

He's only 25 so we could forgive him any missed sitters.

FFS.

Edited by Hawkowl
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Hawkowl said:

Interesting.

Just had a quick scan of the last few pages and what I took from them was.

If Jordan Rhodes missed a strike it's because he is dogger.

If Lucas missed the same shot it is because he is ONLY 24 so still developing.

The strangest thing is Gary [should never be seen in a Wednesday shirt again] Madine. Is now the messiah.

It's funny I just remenber him as a complete tw*t who got pissed and beat innocent people.

Whats wrong with Nile Ranger if he's out of prison surely we can land him as a free agent.

He's only 25 so we could forgive him any missed sitters.

FFS.

Only fault with this is :- If Jordan Rhodes missed most of his strikes in his last 3 seasons it's because he is dogger.

6 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Only fault with this is :- If Jordan Rhodes missed most of his strikes in his last 3 seasons it's because he is dogger.

3 minutes ago, Hawkowl said:

Bloody hell mate calm down.

No need to shout at me.

WTF:

FFS.

He's not shouting Hawk just speaking clearly. .

THIS IS SHOUTING

lol

• Haha 2

Guest RocketOwl
On 20/01/2018 at 19:38, McRightSide said:

Agree with the OP

Everytime he’s scores it’s ‘that will give him confidence’

Then he turns in a few more abject performances and everyone goes ‘needs a goal, that will give him confidence’

And it’s true he hasn’t turned crap overnight, it’s taken 2.5 years

A*

47 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

No not at all. Never said anyone should be anything. Just from experience of dealing with people I know that the best way to deal with low confidence is be supportive and try and work out what going wrong. If the lad had low ability or was missing something which he doesn't I'd put him in the reserves or on loan like they did with Joao. 

Might be soft but I make a point of not posting on line what I wouldn't say to somebodies face.