Jordan Rhodes - Disaster

54 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

It was bloody excellent. Mrs wookie made an apple pie to follow up.  A fine night

With custard or cream?

Or even ice cream? I prefer custard as a rule.  I'm a bit of a sod for it.

But if the pie is still warm...I don't mind a scoop of ice cream, then it starts melting but keeps it's coolness. Mmmmm......apple pie.

Mind. Warm pastry gives me terrible heartburn. 

Probably another reason I usually go for cold pie and warm custard.

Edited by Lord Snooty
  • Haha 1

I'm sure it's been mentioned several times in this thread already (I'm not readings through 20 pages), Jordan's biggest problem is he has no well-rounded game. If he isn't poaching 20+ a season inside the box he offers nothing more than Nuhiu. At least Nuhiu wins headers and sets up the players around them, Jordan can't do that if he tried. I don't think I have ever seen him win a header when the ball is lumped up to him, and that seems to be our M.O. 80% of the time these days.

Hooper/Joao/FF/Matias are better than him, Fletcher isn't any worse, and Nuhiu at least offers something Jordan doesn't. I'd get rid if an offer came, even if it was only 1-2 mil.

25 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

That's bang on mate.

Be intersting to see if Wildsmith has a crisis in confidence if the fans back him like we have with Rhodes.

Amazing this. If you were treated at work like some of you on here suggest you'd like our players to be treated. Sold off, sacked, sidelined, I imagine you'd be in union office ASAP. 

If a player who knocked goals in for fun at every club but this one stops doing that you've got to look closer to home. 

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

May be worth finding the thread when we bought him. I thought it was a brilliant singing.  

I was sceptical but hopeful because I’d seen him every time he’d played us and always thought he was non existent in the game but he’d score against us (once 4!! as we all know)

At the time I didn’t think he’d fit in to our team shape/style but thought if he scores goals in poor teams he will score for us. He scores - we win - happy days 

It was CC’s final gamble - a huge gamble and I was so very hopeful it would pay off

I watched him at Wigan on his debut and thought he looked way off, put it down to lack of first team action/fitness 

He’s played exactly the same in every game since. 

The gamble didn’t pay off and I fear will set us back 2 or 3 years 

3 minutes ago, Widders said:

Amazing this. If you were treated at work like some of you on here suggest you'd like our players to be treated. Sold off, sacked, sidelined, I imagine you'd be in union office ASAP. 

If a player who knocked goals in for fun at every club but this one stops doing that you've got to look closer to home. 

Not every club, basically only one club.

That's why his previous club didn't play him and eventually sold him.

One thing about Rhodes is that he is playing. People saying he is a waste of money ought to direct their attention to the large number of multi millionaires in the squad, who have hardly broke sweat this season. Give me Rhodes any day over Abdi, Mattias, Fletcher, Lees, Boyd, Lee, Hunt, Westwood, Forestieri and Hutchinson. 

Far too often in football these days you get better when you don't play. 

4 minutes ago, vulva said:

One thing about Rhodes is that he is playing. People saying he is a waste of money ought to direct their attention to the large number of multi millionaires in the squad, who have hardly broke sweat this season. Give me Rhodes any day over Abdi, Mattias, Fletcher, Lees, Boyd, Lee, Hunt, Westwood, Forestieri and Hutchinson. 

that he is playing - Although not very often.

hardly broke sweat this season. - Apart from his last game this is also true of Rhodes.

1 minute ago, Hookowl said:

that he is playing - Although not very often.

hardly broke sweat this season. - Apart from his last game this is also true of Rhodes.

Hook you appear to have left the bold letters on by mistake again.

:picnic:

FFS.

By the time he gets in the groove his contract will be up ........

It's not his fault entirely though ...

Wednesday bought him 

He was part of Middlesboroughs "get over the line tactics , and not required..

He was a Steve Kean signing from Blackburn (we all know the Blackburn story -Jerome Anderson etc etc ...)

Ask any Blackburn fan and they will tell you his batteries were running flat and their  tactics were 9 outfield players plus Rhodes you won't get anything other than poachers in the box goals and Penalties  (ha ha) I know penalties ...

22 minutes ago, vulva said:

Not sure that’s the point 

Just because we have a bunch of crocks doesn’t make Rhodes any good. They are irrelevant to the point.

No one should question his commitment.