We are going up this season!

Regardless of teams above us etc 75 points is usually enough. If we are on 75 points after 46 games we will likely have jumped all those teams.

So, another 44 points from 19 games.

15 wins and 4 defeats

14 wins, 2 draws and 3 defeats

13 wins, 5 draws and 1 defeat

12 wins and 7 draws is only 43 points....

Bold options look most realistic, which in itself is highly unlikely.

However 6th looks up for grabs this year with a lot of teams down to mid table in with a realistic chance. Points wise this season 6th seems a little weaker than last year at a similar stage. You could end up with teams taking points off each other fighting for 6th (which would leave 6th cut off from the top 5 which is already happening). Therefore something around 70/72 might be enough (it has been previously).

Edited by mark77

Up the table.... but not quite far enough.

If the Jos effect was activated last October then maybe.

Let’s enjoy the development of the team and Jos’s ethos for the rest of this season and then spend the summer looking forward to a well orchestrated campaign next season.

15 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

This thread is embarrassing - we have no chance of top 6. If we lose today, some will be talking about getting relegated.

Perhaps a more likely outcome, I’d have thought Build for next season, starting with the way we defend That should keep us clear of the relegation places

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Perhaps a more likely outcome, I’d have thought Build for next season, starting with the way we defend That should keep us clear of the relegation places

We won’t get relegated either - more to do with the extreme views on our fanbase.

Absolutely build for a promotion push next season. I will take 2 transfer windows of wheeling and dealing together with blooding some youngsters given the injuries to a number of senior players as well as working with defending properly as a team. You can tell from his first 2 games that he is a pragmatist. I just hope he recruits well and gives us the pace and power to compliment our other players.

3 hours ago, scilly owl said:

Up the table.... but not quite far enough.

If the Jos effect was activated last October then maybe.

Let’s enjoy the development of the team and Jos’s ethos for the rest of this season and then spend the summer looking forward to a well orchestrated campaign next season.

very true points