Jordan Rhodes..

9 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Carlos blabbering about the penalty shoot-out didn't help.

No CC didn't blabber he honestly answered a question and it was the only reasonable answer he could have given.

I really don't get how many want to castigate CC for that when the real issue was Rhodes not wanting to take a penalty and leaving it to injured players to take them.

Guest RocketOwl
8 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I have never known our fanbase to be so lenient on a player and make a list of excuses as long as my arm for the reasons he is not performing.

We’ve had great players at our Club - Brunt got dogs abuse for apparently not putting in 100%. Whelan for not being good enough. More recently, Forestieri for various reasons. By the way, what he did at Norwich was bang out of order. But FF is a top player and has been very good for us.

But it’s never Rhodes’ fault. He has been absolutely dreadful for us. Forget about his goal return which has been poor. I’m more concerned about his overall game - he doesn’t look a footballer. We are effectively playing with 10 men when he plays.

This is very true.

I wonder why he gets so much benefit of the doubt despite him providing absolutely nothing for us to get excited about.

Gerald Sibon used to get absolutely slated by our fans yet he was our top scorer for three seasons and provided some sublime moments of skill. 

Carbone and FF like you say get abuse.

Yet Rhodes can do absolutely no wrong. The latest excuse for him is that Carlos ruined him. I find it baffling. Rhodes doesn't seem to be responding to this brilliant backing he has had either.

5 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Just to clear up Rhodes didn't take a penalty in playoff final against the scrubbers either. He was 7th on list  back in our semi-final against Huddersfield. Just saying before he gets battered even more.

Could be wrong and don't mind being corrected.

Not wanting to batter him as such it's just I find it strange how so many want to blame CC for Rhodes failure to step up and take a penalty.

A £8m+ striker who many sill believe in was 7th - tells me a lot.

If Jordan Rhodes turns his career around at SWFC, I will hold my hand up and say I have got it wrong.

If he does turn it around, it will be the biggest transformation that I will have seen of a player who has put on our shirt. So far, he has been absolutely abysmal and only his previous goalscoring exploits at Huddersfield and Blackburn have given him some time with some of our fans.

If this was a player we bought for £250k he would have got some Reyt hammer - his performances have been similar to the likes of David Graham, Jeffers and Kim Olsen. Garbage!

I would rather we get rid and cut our losses and put some work into a raw talent in Lucas Joao. There is definitely potential in this lad to play in the modern game.

Edited by Bouncing Owl

13 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Get your facts right before being abusive.

13 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

That is a completely subjective report that gives absolutely no reasoning for the ranking. 

Its bullshit

German football is highly technical, not physical and has highly officious referees.

12 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I have never known our fanbase to be so lenient on a player and make a list of excuses as long as my arm for the reasons he is not performing.

I'll have a bash at that one.

They're so lenient because so many had been clamouring after him for years on end.   The threads about him every summer were almost hysterical. 

Many are lenient with him....because in doing so they are are being lenient on their own judgement. 

No one likes to admit they're wrong.  Especially when it comes to football. 

6 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

They're so lenient because so many had been clamouring after him for years on end.   The threads about him every summer were almost hysterical. 

Many are lenient with him....because in doing so they are are being lenient on their own judgement. 

True, so true

19 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

89 goals in 159 appearances, some as sub, over 4 seasons, Milud.

Then he comes here and he's bob.

Mysteriously, a lot of other good players come here and look bob too.

You start to think that maybe it's us rather than him who's at fault.

26 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

89 goals in 159 appearances, some as sub, over 4 seasons, Milud.

Then he comes here and he's bob.

Mysteriously, a lot of other good players come here and look bob too.

You start to think that maybe it's us rather than him who's at fault.

Oh quite true. There's been a few come here and bombed over the years. 

I do think in Jordans case though people just blindly looked at the goal stats and that was that.  Minds made up. 

I daresay some probably hadn't seen him play, save for the odd outing at Hillsborough. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, McRightSide said:

That is a completely subjective report that gives absolutely no reasoning for the ranking. 

Its bullshit

German football is highly technical, not physical and has highly officious referees.

But your opinion is subjective too.

Where's your evidence that it isn't physical?

6 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

The voice of reason. Agreed!

7 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

There's another reason to add to that. Every footie fan on the globe likes to see a prolific scorer at their club. Every footie fan wants a 20+ goal a season hero. We haven't really had many over the last few decades and such a thing is sadly missed. Jordan Rhodes came with the reputation of being a prolific marksman at this level. Most of us hoped that finally we had someone of that ilk.

The fact it has not turned out that way is neither here nor there. It is more to do with having the desire for that type of playing and willing for it to come true. That is why he gets a degree of leniency that hasn't been given to other players. It's the hope and it's also the same hope that kills you.

37 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

There's another reason to add to that. Every footie fan on the globe likes to see a prolific scorer at their club. Every footie fan wants a 20+ goal a season hero. We haven't really had many over the last few decades and such a thing is sadly missed. Jordan Rhodes came with the reputation of being a prolific marksman at this level. Most of us hoped that finally we had someone of that ilk.

The fact it has not turned out that way is neither here nor there. It is more to do with having the desire for that type of playing and willing for it to come true. That is why he gets a degree of leniency that hasn't been given to other players. It's the hope and it's also the same hope that kills you.

Exactly. People see the stats and not the overall player.

I remember having a chat with my young nephew a decade or so ago.

"We should get that Booth from Huddersfield Uncle Snoots, he's got 18 goals in the league"

"He's flat footed, turns like a coach, runs through his heel and will have bad knees within five years, and most of all he's a target man in a route one Warnock side. He's nowhere near the standard required"

"But he's got 18 goals!"

"So's David Reeves and we dont want him back."

Edited by Lord Snooty

Thankfully if we keep the system that Jos played Friday night and with players returning this system could suit Jordan. Allows you to play 2 up top, has width from the wing backs, which we will hopefully improve this transfer window and has 2 central players who can get up and support, like Reach and Wallace did. I hope he didn't just play the system because of who we had injured and because it was a derby game, I do hope he sticks to it just with more attacking personnel in it when players are fit