Betting odds- Paul Lambert new favourite

I think Lambert fits the bill. For some on here wanting a young manager to come in would be like putting a poodle in the Dobermans kennel, the pro's at Hillsborough wouldn't cut him any slack. Different for a young manager with a team he's put together or has old pro's finishing off their careers but it'd be a disaster.

We need a Lambert, or a Holloway, Jokanovic or someone else of that ilk, who knows the league and has got a big pair of balls cos' I reckon there's a few on the playing staff who need dragging out of the door and given a slap.lol

First of all, Happy New Year to all Owls whose loyalty is yet again being tested.

For me, Lambert's best realistic and available candidate as we need someone to make transfer decisions soon and start re-building now.

Also, he knows this division and should get a good rapport immediately with our senior players, especially Scottish ones.

Further, the German model of physical prowess and technical ability is way forward, as shown by Hudders , Liverpool etc.

Not only has Lambert played in Bundesliga, his contacts there are current having just spent a few months sabbatical at Bayern Munich.

Ok , he didn't do well at a couple of clubs with mad owners , but neither would Pep.

And if he does come, DC must let him recruit and trade as has to clear up Doyen 's legacy now.

But whoever is next boss, as ever we will all give him and the players the usual fantical support so we can take off next season.

Don't forget the title of this thread - Betting Odds. I wouldn't think for one moment that DC has had a bet on who will be next manager. he'll save his money and put it in his offer. This is purely an indication of who the public are betting on. This can be done several ways =people supposed ITK, people backing who they fancy,  etc.

Don't forget that much if not most of the business that DC has conducted, especially in the football purchases, whether his choice or CC's is immaterial, has been conducted outside the glare of publicity.

When the time comes, and I believe it will be done quickly since DC doesn't seem the type to hang around, it will be quick and possibly surprising..

Just now, Buxtongent said:

Don't forget the title of this thread - Betting Odds. I wouldn't think for one moment that DC has had a bet on who will be next manager. he'll save his money and put it in his offer. This is purely an indication of who the public are betting on. This can be done several ways =people supposed ITK, people backing who they fancy,  etc.

Don't forget that much if not most of the business that DC has conducted, especially in the football purchases, whether his choice or CC's is immaterial, has been conducted outside the glare of publicity.

When the time comes, and I believe it will be done quickly since DC doesn't seem the type to hang around, it will be quick and possibly surprising..

agreed  but something happened to spur this activity 

image.png.d5200d88e111d253b4d8295bb86c9d8c.png

19 hours ago, JoshTheOwl said:

Christ almighty no. 

DC really has fuccked up here, agrees CC can leave who gets a job 72 hours later whilst we are still trying to attract someone 1 week on. 

Great business. 

Rewind a week got no doubt you were, like the rest of us, happy CC went. Give it time 

14 hours ago, Markowski77 said:

Partially relegating villa, almost relegating Blackburn and an average job at Wolves - I proberbly should have reprahsed it as, he hasn't achieved anything, he is a run of the mill manager, similar ilks are avaible everywhere, the reason he is out of work is a factor in itself.....he is linked with every championship job going

We should be aiming for better

You need to probably look his record up on the internet before typing such rubbish. 

He has 3 promotions on his CV, pretty sure he didn’t take down Blackburn or Aston Villa (more down to penny pinching boardrooms) and the new owners at Wolves wanted a big name so his face didn’t fit.

For me he is the best realistic option for the club and he is available. 

Name a better candidate and why right now? 

2 hours ago, supersiggi said:

Lambert has had talks on several occasions this week with DC. I heard he was first choice, talks stalled but DC has gone back.

If that’s true wouldn’t be surprised if the problem is control of player recruitment 

If DC has realised he can't get the unrealistic targets of Fonseca & AVB & he's decided to go for experience rather than an unknown like Carlos or an up & coming manager like Paul Hurst then Lambert is a decent shout from those available.

Unfortunately the market we're shopping in is full of journeymen with varying levels of success & failure.

While he's not particularly inspiring I'd take Lambert ahead of Grayson, Poyet, McLaren, Karanka, Monk & Megson.