Betting odds- Paul Lambert new favourite

1 minute ago, Watson said:

Let's hope they lose it ... No offence Paul

Realistically who else are we going to get? Bottom half of the table team, ageing/injured squad, massive expectactions of the fans, and a chairman with no real knowledge of the game who wont let you pick the players you want to sign! Bet theres a que a mile long of premiership managers wanting to come!

1 minute ago, chizumgeorge said:

Realistically who else are we going to get? Bottom half of the table team, ageing/injured squad, massive expectactions of the fans, and a chairman with no real knowledge of the game who wont let you pick the players you want to sign! Bet theres a que a mile long of premiership managers wanting to come!

Ye gods c'mon its not that bad

4 minutes ago, runningaround said:

MIght be in the minority but he ticks a lot of boxes.I would be pleased. Won promotion, knows a few of the players and plays attractive football. 

Was thinking the same myself. Wouldn't mind Paul Lambert at all. 

5 minutes ago, runningaround said:

MIght be in the minority but he ticks a lot of boxes.I would be pleased. Won promotion, knows a few of the players and plays attractive football. 

I think I'd agree. He has experience of the league and hopefully will be a firm hand on the tiller, which is what we need. Not the most glamorous of names, but I'm not sure that's what we need at the moment.

3 minutes ago, ramone said:

Was thinking the same myself. Wouldn't mind Paul Lambert at all. 

Hes as good as were going to get, either him or some yes man you’ve never heard of that won a cup in taiwan last season! I know who i’d rather have

Edited by chizumgeorge
Spelling

1 minute ago, s6 owl said:

He would be a much much better option than the likes of McClaren, Poyet etc

He would, His Colchester side was brilliant. As was his Norwich side. Took this league to bits if I remember rightly. Did an underrated job at Villa by keeping them up with nothing. Went to Blackburn and had to work with the Venkys... not an easy job I'm sure you'd admit. 

Don't think he's been in work since has he? But yeah, I'd have him over the majority of suggestions so far

For me it depends on what sort of package the Chairman is offering.

If it's an average one then you attract average journeyman managers like Lambert.

If he gets his big package out and waves it about a bit, then we may just attract someone a little more interesting.

I'm hoping he lobs it out and excites a few people.

• Haha 5