Anybody still feel sorry for Carlos?

Wednesday all my life,too long to honest,be nice to be younger.But after all the football I've watched and atmosphere , Brighton and Wembley will forever stay with me,even the other great days that we remember.I thank Carlos and DC for that and the fans.

Why are we so bitter let the guy go with some dignity. 

Why would anyone feel sorry for him? Guessing he earns maybe 500k to 1 million per year plus and has just walked into an even higher paying job!

Simple truth is that if any of us were able to earn his kind of money for just a couple of years we could provide security for our families for life (if we were prudent).

There's nothing to be sorry about, he is a very blessed individual in respect of material things, doing a job most of us would love to do.

5 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

I’m looking forward to a new thread every time Swansea win / lose / draw. 

We can’t let things go. 

We’ll have to make a Swansea Matchday section. 

This is so true  lol

11 hours ago, akbuk said:

Are you saying he's not entitled to find another job,crazy if you are.

Two play offs and that's failure??

McLaren did at least the same at Derby, and played more consistently attacking football during his time there - and the moaning here when his name was mentioned was outrageous.

16 hours ago, Almat said:

The bloke has charisma aplenty but that alone doesn't make you a good manager. Like in any line of work, there are those who are very good at talking the talk, But not that many back it up with walking the walk.

Charisma aplenty. One of our potential managerial targets could do with some of that.

8 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Why working class people would feel sorry for anyone involved in football is beyond me.

Basic empathy for a fellow human being?

There are countless examples of awful things happening to footballers which have elicited sympathy from me; the fact that many of them are well-paid for doing their job doesn't come into it.

3 hours ago, trumbullowl said:

I certainly don't feel sorry for CC. His suggestion that he left because he wouldn't be able to get the best out of the players getting games

because of injuries to faves like Bannan, Lee, Lees, Fletcher is ridiculous. He quit on us. 

He did quit on us... thank you lord.

My take on him going is this, Swansea come sniffing again Carlos had lost the plot here, fans turning against him, can’t get the best out of the playing staff. The opportunity at Swansea came just at the right time for him, the chairman and him agree the time is right, I’d be surprised if any compensation was paid, believe they will have agreed to part amicably.

The Chairman gets upset and has his rant at the supporters for losing his friend.

The last 12 month’s has been a sham under him, good riddance should have gone some time ago.

5 hours ago, Bark1062 said:

He did quit on us... thank you lord.

My take on him going is this, Swansea come sniffing again Carlos had lost the plot here, fans turning against him, can’t get the best out of the playing staff. The opportunity at Swansea came just at the right time for him, the chairman and him agree the time is right, I’d be surprised if any compensation was paid, believe they will have agreed to part amicably.

The Chairman gets upset and has his rant at the supporters for losing his friend.

The last 12 month’s has been a sham under him, good riddance should have gone some time ago.

Well said

Owlstalk Shop

So does anyone buy the story that Swansea only made contact after he had left us by mutual consent

Or was that statement deliberately put in the public domain to ensure there is no comeback on his pay off from the Club 

Don't think anyone "felt sorry for him".

I think most right minded people realised it was reaching it's natural conclusion (as it inevitably does), appreciated what he achieved / tried to achieve and has now moved on.

Not sure why the animosity? 

He did his best for us, left his family behind for long periods and in the end it didn't quite pan out as he & we hoped. 

Can't we wish the guy luck and remember the good times and move on.