BREAKING NEWS : CARLOS CARVALHAL LEAVES by mutual consent

Bez

2 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

Ever crossed your mind that other people might be showing a bit of honest to goodness decency for a decent guy losing a job he clearly loved at Xmas. 

How can all these nasty,  guilt tripping comments about other fans be 'honest to goodness decency' ? 

10 minutes ago, robswfc said:

It’s not a f**king great day you utter moron

Post not poster please and try and refrain from abuse.

In my opinion it's a good day and a new dawn. An opinion I'm fully entitled to.

Debate the post if you can, and keep the abuse to yourself.

Thanks.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Thanks.

You bring it on yourself with your nasty posting style.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, prowl said:

So a new manager gets a honeymoon period of 6 games?

I suppose that's an improvement on the 20 minutes some players get before they get slated.

How on earth do you expect a manager to turn a team round in 6 games?

Did I say  " turn a team round "  FFS...try and ;kin read.

If after 6 games... he's not doing a job..then of course he deserves criticism....

If you or I went to work somewhere, had been set on,  on a decent wage, and then wasn't cutting it, we'd be taken to one side and shown the error of our ways, before

being given the opportunity to improve or else..

Why molly 'kin coddle these highly paid " professionals "

That's what they get paid well for....to do a job..

I didn't say....turn them round, .but at least I'd expect some different standard.

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

Ballpark figure. Naive to think otherwise 

Not really. 

We don’t know how long his contract is for one. 

I have no doubt he will have received a decent payoff, but I still don’t see why one can’t have a degree of sympathy for someone getting the boot on Xmas (even if it was the right decision). 

Just now, SiJ said:

Not really. 

We don’t know how long his contract is for one. 

I have no doubt he will have received a decent payoff, but I still don’t see why one can’t have a degree of sympathy for someone getting the boot on Xmas (even if it was the right decision). 

Sympathy? It’ll be forgotten in a few days. 

Yes a decent pay off and a lot to be grateful for. He’s probably never had a job or salary quite like this. We’ve put him on the map somewhat 

6 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Thanks.

IMO saying the manager who has done a very good job the majority of his time here leaving because we have been crap recently is a great day is pretty insulting, both to Carlos and to the majority of reasonable fans who want our club to succeed.

apologise for calling you a moron unreservedly, though it was a moronic comment you made. That better?

He will he remembered as one of our better managers and broke the mould as our first foreign coach. I could see him going elsewhere and doing well, but his time was up here. Not just because of the fans saying so but he admitted himself that he had built a squad with mentality issues!

I think the sense of entitlement from some fans over recent months has been pretty bad, resulting in below the belt comments akin with those during the black balloon era when we really were in trouble. But I think even the most reasonable fan could see issues with style of play, mentality, recruitment, making the same mistakes, relying on the same players. It had gone so stale. 

Wembley was an amazing experience, as was the second playoff on paper (but a wasted chance in reality). Carlos should be remembered and thanked for bringing us back to life. Now we need to go and get someone who will jolt this lot into life, get them fit and ready for another challenge, adding some players with everything to prove.