BREAKING NEWS : CARLOS CARVALHAL LEAVES by mutual consent

Bez

1 hour ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

I liked Carlos as a man and he gave us some great times, but after the play off final we all knew we were powder puff in midfield and short of pace: we still are and there's been ample time to change that, not just build a clone shadow squad.

Every team needs pace and power to be successful , what ever division they are in, 

4 minutes ago, Ronio said:

Shame really how it has all panned out.  

Some of the relentless vitriol aimed at CC lately has been an utter foooking joke, and speaks volumes about certain individual posters on here.  

Good luck Carlos, and thanks.

Social media nowadays - it happens. Overall, it’s hasnt been that bad in my opinion. Carlos out chants only started at home yesterday. 

I personally thought Carlos was a top guy. However, it was definitely the right decision for him to go. He couldn’t rectify the same mistakes in his first season. It was the same old stuff repeating itself over and over again.

However, I would genuinely like to wish Carlos all the best. I think most Wednesday fans would say that. 

1 hour ago, owls maniac said:

Give over. He’s had a fully fit side for most of the last 18 months and the football has been poo . We can’t keep putting up with the mediocre just because we used to be even worse! Have some bloody ambition, I’m 25 and would actually like to see us in the PL for once! 

We ve had a fully fit squad for last 18 months who you been watching .it was time for him to go there no doubt about that but let not talk rubbish

21 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Social media nowadays - it happens. Overall, it’s hasnt been that bad in my opinion. Carlos out chants only started at home yesterday. 

I personally thought Carlos was a top guy. However, it was definitely the right decision for him to go. He couldn’t rectify the same mistakes in his first season. It was the same old stuff repeating itself over and over again.

However, I would genuinely like to wish Carlos all the best. I think most Wednesday fans would say that. 

There's a lot of similar posts - this is as good any. It's a dreadful shame it ended up how it did, but it was the right decision. At the end of the day his time here was a failure. Two and a half years on and we are actually in a worse position then when Carlos took over, with little evidence he had what it took to turn things around. In fact we're in a bit of a mess if we're being honest. There have been occasional high points and he'll always be welcome back as guest, but it's time to move on.

Thanks for the memories Carlos. Was a shame it ended this way but all good things come to an end.

Shame the Wembley defeat hurt him so much that he became introverted in his tactics but he took the club to heart. 

He still had the balls to show his face in the pub he likes a drink in earlier, not many do that after getting the boot and a couple of the first team squad were there too. He still signed the piece of paper for my daughter and I wished him well. 

Onwards and upwards fellow owls

This is a sad day but also hopeful. It is sad because there was a period of time when I believed Carlos was the one to get us promoted.  Had we shown more ambition on a match to match basis I believe we would have those extra 10-15 points that kept getting mentioned. 

Whomever we appoint needs time. I don't think we will get an immediate turn around in form because my perception is our players lack fitness and that will take time to build. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

There's a lot of similar posts - this is as good any. It's a dreadful shame it ended up how it did, but it was the right decision. At the end of the day his time here was a failure. Two and a half years on and we are actually in a worse position then when Carlos took over, with little evidence he had what it took to turn things around. In fact we're in a bit of a mess if we're being honest. There have been occasional high points and he'll always be welcome back as guest, but it's time to move on.

We are not in a bit of a mess .... we are in a s**t storm of a mess ... I really don’t think we understand ....

DC will walk next when he reads the crap in the retorts to his statement.