BREAKING NEWS : CARLOS CARVALHAL LEAVES by mutual consent

Bez

Feel a bit sad as i have lots of great memories. Brighton in semi, Arsenal, Newcastle.

Some great football in the first season then for some unexplained reason it started going south

I think he's a class act, as shown by his leaving comments, and i wish him all the best.

15 minutes ago, trevdi9 said:

all the best for the future no hatred here it's just that you did your best but your time was up you had to go before it became really  toxic

It wasn't toxic at games though trev, not really.

Social media is where it has been toxic, including OT.

Neither are really a fair representation of our fanbase are they.

What worries me immensely now is who is advising DC on a replacement?

Not had chance to read all post so not sure if been said. 

But if mutual consent why has back staff gone same time. Surely not for Carlos to say they leaving too. Put people out of a job. 

Do they come as a package. 

Why Bullen not gone then too. 

1 hour ago, sweetsheri said:

It wasn't toxic at games though trev, not really.

Social media is where it has been toxic, including OT.

Neither are really a fair representation of our fanbase are they.

What worries me immensely now is who is advising DC on a replacement?

Oh dear

Dear oh dear

Owlstalk Shop

9 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Off out now to celebrate a new dawn.

Hopefully the Chairman makes a wiser choice when he appoints the new manager.

If he can't get Meggo I'll be furious.

yes, wiser than a man who took us to two playoffs. Whatever the rights and wrongs, two great seasons and one half over hardly make for a bad decision. If he appoints a manager who takes us into the playoffs next two years will be a great job. Wonder how long it will take you to call for the next managers head. Abusers,  did drive him out too, without that he would have stayed and tried to put it right. Maybe he would have failed, but somebody needs to build for the long term. Not fans who want instant success. I wont be celebrating the Christmas sacking of anyone. Even less one who endured such abuse with such dignity and good humour. Makes for a bad precedent, and means the clock is ticking for DC. Wonder how long he will have the heart to stick with the club? My Thai friends tell me he is rethinking the whole enterprise.

Just now, swissmess said:

yes, wiser than a man who took us to two playoffs. Whatever the rights and wrongs, two great seasons and one half over hardly make for a bad decision. If he appoints a manager who takes us into the playoffs next two years will be a great job. Wonder how long it will take you to call for the next managers head. Abusers,  did drive him out too, without that he would have stayed and tried to put it right. Maybe he would have failed, but somebody needs to build for the long term. Not fans who want instant success. I wont be celebrating the Christmas sacking of anyone. Even less one who endured such abuse with such dignity and good humour. Makes for a bad precedent, and means the clock is ticking for DC. Wonder how long he will have the heart to stick with the club? My Thai friends tell me he is rethinking the whole enterprise.

Made up.

18 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Oh dear

Dear oh dear

Which part is wrong then? In your opinion as the great leader of OT who starts thread after thread with differing opinions in each one it seems.. maybe your ad income derives from the number of posts. 

12 minutes ago, swissmess said:

Wonder how long it will take you to call for the next managers head. Abusers,  did drive him out too, without that he would have stayed and tried to put it right. 

Where did Carlos see/hear all this fan anger?

He doesn't use social media at all 

There's been none at matches

I'm struggling to understand how he got drove out by fans

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, sweetsheri said:

Which part is wrong then? In your opinion as the great leader of OT who starts thread after thread with differing opinions in each one it seems.. maybe your ad income derives from the number of posts. 

Is that honestly genuinely the best you can offer?  Rambling about ads or how I might change my opinions from time to time based on the evidence I have in front of me and the knowledge that I gain over time?

Really?

Owlstalk Shop

13 minutes ago, swissmess said:

Abuse from Neanderthals/blades/trolls on social media. 

Reading CC’s leaving comments doesn’t come across as someone hounded out by abuse? 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Is that honestly genuinely the best you can offer?  Rambling about ads or how I might change my opinions from time to time based on the evidence I have in front of me and the knowledge that I gain over time?

Really?

You didn’t answer my question, where is what I said wrong?