BREAKING NEWS : CARLOS CARVALHAL LEAVES by mutual consent

Bez

27 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Off out now to celebrate a new dawn.

Hopefully the Chairman makes a wiser choice when he appoints the new manager.

If he can't get Meggo I'll be furious.

Won't make any difference to you...give it 6 games and you'll be stabbing the new coach in the back whoever it is...rien ne change

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was always taught that if you can’t speak well of someone, then say nothing. Carlos tried and failed, however he never tried to fail, it’s over to DC now, I just hope that he’s learned something from this long running scenario.

May good fortune go with you Carlos, and thanks for your efforts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

Won't make any difference to you...give it 6 games and you'll be stabbing the new coach in the back whoever it is...rien ne change

That and the fact he'll be first in the queue to get his refund as he aint going again this season remember

• Haha 1

so glad to see this has happened ,if carlos carried on it would have turned pretty horrid down there ,he is a nice guy for sure and wish him well , but this just had to happen the football never mind the results have been awful for 18 months , the next appointment is critical ,the 1st thing I would ask a manager at the interview process is are you going to attack or are we just going to play pointless going nowhere possession football? the change is at the right time maybe 2-3 weeks earlier would be better ,a new man can soon see the problems and address this . no karanka no way don't want him

3 minutes ago, ramone said:

Pretty sure its fairly common knowledge that if a someone leaves a job they waive all rights to severance pay...

It was by mutual consent, its on the clubs website, both parties agreed, do you honestly believe Carlos would walk away without a pay off?

get real son this isn't school.

6 minutes ago, ramone said:

Pretty sure its fairly common knowledge that if a someone leaves a job they waive all rights to severance pay...

If I were a betting man ramone, ( which I am sometimes ), I'd stake a quid or two that Mr.Chansiri will have given Carlos a nice handshake. I just reckon he's that kind of bloke.

6 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

All depends whether he's doing a good job or not I'm sure.

If he's doing crap, then he deserves criticism.

but... as always  UTO !

The same people will be doing the same thing regardless of who comes in...just watch

Just now, cognacbarnowl said:

If I were a betting man ramone, ( which I am sometimes ), I'd stake a quid or two that Mr.Chansiri will have given Carlos a nice handshake. I just reckon he's that kind of bloke.

Maybe he has. In fact, id go as far as to say I bet he left with a few bob. 

The gesture is still there. A credit to the man

1 minute ago, KernowOwl said:

Sad???? If what we read on here is true then CC has just walked with 2m in his back pocket. If I was CC I would be the one screaming 'GET IN!'   lol

STOP TAKING EVERYTHING YOU READ ON OWLSTALK AS FACT.

ITS ALL, YEAH I REALLY MEAN ALL, BULLSHIT

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ramone said:

Not seen anyone praising Carlos for offering up his resignation. Wont receive the pay off that he would have done had he been sacked.

Funny really as you were all calling I'm out for this a week ago. 

Perhaps he's had a settlement and the owner offered him the dignity of the wording as a thankyou?

FFS.

Good luck and thank you.

Two of the best seasons in a very long time .

gutted alittle but it was the right choice.

Saying that i reckon most managers could have done the same with all that money that was spent on the team.

Edited by stocksyuto

11 minutes ago, cognacbarnowl said:

I don't doubt that.

Its the gesture thats gone unnoticed...

• Like 1

I dare say that if we had spent like wolves have done and got in abit more quality and that cutting edge we would have gone up in Carlos' first season... he tried and his first two seasons we came very close. I think recruitment during the windows has let us down.. we needed youth and talent rather than players that have got the badges on their CV but are running out of steam.