BREAKING NEWS : CARLOS CARVALHAL LEAVES by mutual consent

Bez

16 minutes ago, markowl said:

Thought he didn't use Twitter...

He's opened his account back up to post that message that the Wednesday fans have been amazing

Doesn't look like someone hounded out by nasty fans to me, but then again I saw it for the smokescreen it was and didn't suck up the chairman's statement like a sheep

lol

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He's opened his account back up to post that message that the Wednesday fans have been amazing

Doesn't look like someone hounded out by nasty fans to me, but then again I saw it for the smokescreen it was and didn't suck up the chairman's statement like a sheep

lol

Well done you.

We all love Carlos.

Sacking him on Christmas Eve?

Some of us remember this with Derek Dooley.

Having said that........Phew!!!!

Not before time!

We loved him and still do love him and wish him all the considerable success he so  clearly deserves.

What a lovely, lovely guy.

But not right for us. We have to go onwards and upwards with a new guy at the helm.

I suggest:

a) Jesus

b) Beckenbauer (I think I still have the photo negatives)

c) Megson YES!!!!!

d) Tricky Trev (he's bored, for God's sake)

e) Wilko (same reason as above)

:rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, VictoryBell said:

We all love Carlos.

Sacking him on Christmas Eve?

Some of us remember this with Derek Dooley.

Having said that........Phew!!!!

Not before time!

We loved him and still do love him and wish him all the considerable success he so  clearly deserves.

What a lovely, lovely guy.

But not right for us. We have to go onwards and upwards with a new guy at the helm.

I suggest:

a) Jesus

b) Beckenbauer (I think I still have the photo negatives)

c) Megson YES!!!!!

d) Tricky Trev (he's bored, for God's sake)

e) Wilko (same reason as above)

:rolleyes:

You should be put in charge of recruitment. 

3 minutes ago, Watson said:

You should be put in charge of recruitment. 

Well I tried but it turns out that:

Jesus is busy on some other (unspecified) stuff

Beckenbauer is partially dead this year for tax purposes

Meggo's secretary said Mr M would get back to me at a more convenient time perhaps

Trev wasn't available to answer the phone 

Wilko just told me to f@ck off

The search goes on

Just now, VictoryBell said:

Well I tried but it turns out that:

Jesus is busy on some other (unspecified) stuff

Beckenbauer is partially dead this year for tax purposes

Meggo's secretary said Mr M would get back to me at a more convenient time perhaps

Trev wasn't available to answer the phone 

Wilko just told me to f@ck off

The search goes on

I'm impressed but don't stand for any abuse, don't forget Big Jack

24 minutes ago, VictoryBell said:

Now this could be regarded as unholy (because it is) but maybe we could dig up Harry Catterick and carry out some sort of voodoo ritual over his (by now, pretty rank) corpse and persuade him to take up the holy cause again?

You could try I suppose, you might get some funny looks at the meet the press conference.

As usual, there is one side of the story... that the manager and chairman have not been on the end of some prolonged, significant and distasteful abuse.

Then there's the other side... that the chairman is bitter at the fans for hounding the manager out of the club.

And then there's the truth... which, as usual, is somewhere in the middle.

Let's face it, there are many potential contributory factors leading up to where we are now, but if we listed them in order of impact, it's difficult to imagine that anything credible would feature the supporters in the top ten, never mind the very highest one. Neil is overstating his case, but in amongst his playing to the gallery outrage, he has a point. If Chansiri really thinks supporters are beyond the pale for complaining (mostly reasonably) about our over-cautious strategy, wasteful signings, lack of variation, kits being months late etc then perhaps he is much too sensitive for this business. One wonders how the discussions on Saturday night / Sunday morning went (not that we're likely to find out) but surely it can't have centered almost solely on a few immature gobsh*te keyboard warriors? 

3 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

As usual, there is one side of the story... that the manager and chairman have not been on the end of some prolonged, significant and distasteful abuse.

Then there's the other side... that the chairman is bitter at the fans for hounding the manager out of the club.

And then there's the truth... which, as usual, is somewhere in the middle.

Let's face it, there are many potential contributory factors leading up to where we are now, but if we listed them in order of impact, it's difficult to imagine that anything credible would feature the supporters in the top ten, never mind the very highest one. Neil is overstating his case, but in amongst his playing to the gallery outrage, he has a point. If Chansiri really thinks supporters are beyond the pale for complaining (mostly reasonably) about our over-cautious strategy, wasteful signings, lack of variation, kits being months late etc then perhaps he is much too sensitive for this business. One wonders how the discussions on Saturday night / Sunday morning went (not that we're likely to find out) but surely it can't have centered almost solely on a few immature gobsh*te keyboard warriors? 

Only you could write something so outrageously serious on Christmas Day evening. lol