BREAKING NEWS : CARLOS CARVALHAL LEAVES by mutual consent

Bez

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/12/24/paulo-fonseca-61-to-become-next-sheffield-wednesday-manager/

However the most interesting name is arguably that of Paulo Fonseca, whose odds have already shortened from 33/1 to 6/1 in the space of a few hours.

The highly-rated Shakhtar Donetsk boss was recently linked with the Everton position.

9 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

A couple of them actually went on to be good posters in my opinion. I don't always agree with them, but that's life. One of them however is the most relentless and predictable bore (a shame because he's sometimes capable of much better) for whom 80-90% of his posts could be summarised in a dozen words, just with the occasional change of name.

I know we once had running battles on here but lets not drag up 10 year old resentments DJ.

I only post about what's going on now.

if you want to make it personal and drag up the past ,let me know and I'll put you on ignore like I did markowl.

3 minutes ago, Bodhidharma said:

I know we once had running battles on here but lets not drag up 10 year old resentments DJ.

I only post about what's going on now.

if you want to make it personal and drag up the past ,let me know and I'll put you on ignore like I did markowl.

I've no intention of some kind of running battle (I don't post that much these days anyway) and you could not have been further from my mind when I made my previous comments. But one poster has spent years banging the same sanctimonious drum (with numerous changes of target) whilst ignoring his own very questionable judgement on a very important matter in the club's past that renders his self-assurance now as utterly laughable. 

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

I've no intention of some kind of running battle (I don't post that much these days anyway) and you could not have been further from my mind when I made my previous comments. But one poster has spent years banging the same sanctimonious drum (with numerous changes of target) whilst ignoring his own very questionable judgement on a very important matter in the club's past that renders his self-assurance now as utterly laughable. 

Ok well I assumed it was directed at me.

if it wasn't that's fine.

I don't get into personal ding dongs on here anymore I just use the ignore button.

sky news report CC as saying he given the reasons for this season's disappointing position in recent press conferences.

I'm assuming he means injuries and ref decisions. Whilst I like the guy, his failure to accept his own weaknesses and intransigence disappoints me. I wonder if he'll reflect and say more in future, but he does seem to think things would have come good again. Maybe he was relying on the janaury window - we'll never know now.

5 minutes ago, Animis said:

sky news report CC as saying he given the reasons for this season's disappointing position in recent press conferences.

I'm assuming he means injuries and ref decisions. Whilst I like the guy, his failure to accept his own weaknesses and intransigence disappoints me. I wonder if he'll reflect and say more in future, but he does seem to think things would have come good again. Maybe he was relying on the janaury window - we'll never know now.

His total lack of personal accountability did him no credit.

6 minutes ago, Animis said:

The criminal two pieces for me is failing to realise that Abdi is world class in a midfield three and Jordan Rhodes needs to be the centre piece because he will get 20+ per season.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BobsMagicCalculator said:

The criminal two pieces for me is failing to realise that Abdi is world class in a midfield three and Jordan Rhodes needs to be the centre piece because he will get 20+ per season.

Rhodes has done NOTHING to suggest he has that potential anymore. There haven't even been slight hints that a goal machine is waiting to burst onto the scene. For sure, our pedestrian and over-cautious football has been a burden to him and all our other strikers, but it hasn't stopped Hooper, Forestieri, Winnall and even Fletcher scoring at a considerably better rate. 

3 minutes ago, BobsMagicCalculator said:

The words "world class" and swfc don't belong...................................EVER.

• Haha 2

I'd like to know what went on in May when the two met in town and agreed another season.

Surely they agreed that to give it one more season meant change - not big changes but change nonetheless. 

Everyone then went on their hols and we waited and waited for the centre halfs, midfield beast and pacy wide men - nothing, then Boyd who is more of the same. What were they thinking?

Like the Huddersfield second leg, where we had 10 of the 11 that started against Hull, CC seemed to be caught in the headlights, determined that these players would eventually come good. He must have convinced DC of this - there's no other explanation for me.

2 minutes ago, danny0wl said:

I don’t remember such a situation, never even occurred to me! 

But i’d also be interested to know.

Unlike Moffatowl then. It was raised on the Radio Sheffield discussion earlier as well. Didn’t hear anyone ring in to criticise them for asking such an obviously dumb question but maybe someone will write in to complain. Who knows. Sorry post no not poster I know but sometimes........

Edited by Pablo Bonvin