MESSAGE FROM THE SWFC CHAIRMAN (and he's not happy)

Worrying times

1) Don’t understand the timing of that statement AT ALL.  Busy Christmas period, many games coming up and then send out a message club seemingly in disarray.

2) The statement reads like a ‘rant’. Purely from the length of it.  Not much of a true ‘point’ to it, other than ‘we’re a family we ought to act like one’??? - assuming we’re a functional family (which we clearly can’t be!) and ‘don’t abuse each other’.

3) Start running the ‘ship’ like a business than a ‘family’, we might actually go somewhere quicker.  That’s the most worrying thing, for me.  A true businessman shouldn’t be sat trying to appease every single fan.  Do what’s best to maximise YOUR investment DC.  Things are going south on the pitch, if you want promotion you need to change something. 

4) I want CC gone but abuse is just plain wrong - so many fans spitting their dummy out right now because they aren’t getting their own ‘way’.  Neanderthal actions if you ask me.

Edited by Silkstone Owl

1 hour ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

No self belief yes, but no team including Hutch can be accused of no passion.

One man dosent make a team bud. We know exactly what hutch gives us, it's the reach, Jones, Butterfield, apathy. The main problem is there are quite a few that need to grow a pair and show some spirit and bottle to turn things around. I hate to single out one player and find positive comments, but Adam Reach all too often looks like a little kid out there playing against the big bad older kids scared stiff he's gonna get hurt or he's going to upset one and they'll give him a kicking,the majority of this squad needs to man up and take responsibility regardless of the fact the manager has lost the plot and the chairman is also beginning to join him. 

It’s pretty simple: 

sack the under performing coach and his staff and go from there. 

The club seems determined to blame everyone but themselves atm. We are not just underperforming - we are sleepwalking into a relegation battle. 

No long winded statement can deflect from that. 

Edited by SiJ

58 minutes ago, swissmess said:

This. Said it exactly. Maybe its time for the silent majority to take back the forum and introduce a more reasonable tone. Thats why instead of lurking I am posting.   Its very clear.     The message is simple.                                                                                                                                                                                                                I rarely see my club live, watch on satelite and ifollow.. Catch the game when I am home. But I am part of the Wednesday family. It dismays me that people boast of not going and insult the staff. I even read posts abusing the surgeons who operate on players. I  know for a fact  one of them is the best in the world and sports people and athletes fly in from all over the world to be treated. We are lucky to have an honourable and decent man for a chairman.The guy has put his heart and soul in the club. He will walk away from the club if the level of abuse from 'fans' keeps on. When he walks away, assets will be sold, best players moved on. And we will cease all aspirations to the big time. Clubs like ours need support over and above just being a business. He has poured millions into the club. We aren't where he and us wanted to be, but there is no excuse for the levels of personal abuse of him and the manager. The message is clear. Its very clear unless you see it as a green light for more abuse.

You really have hit the nail on the head Swiss, a very well penned heart felt post.

To quote you ......

” the silent majority”

Just now, shezzas left peg said:

One man dosent make a team bud. We know exactly what hutch gives us, it's the reach, Jones, Butterfield, apathy. The main problem is there are quite a few that need to grow a pair and show some spirit and bottle to turn things around. I hate to single out one player and find positive comments, but Adam Reach all too often looks like a little kid out there playing against the big bad older kids scared stiff he's gonna get hurt or he's going to upset one and they'll give him a kicking,the majority of this squad needs to man up and take responsibility regardless of the fact the manager has lost the plot and the chairman is also beginning to join him. 

To be fair I don't see them not putting a shift in, any of them. Reach probably runs more than any of our squad per game, yes he might not be very good in the tackle, but I'd rather he didn't try and clatter someone when he can't tackle and get sent off like Hammill did for Barnsley against us.  Butterfield is trying to play DM, or RM yest! When he's never been that. He's been an attacking mid 

we wanted to sign leaders, Sean Morrison etc where we had bids rejected, yet didn't get any of them. Who's fault is that?

That says to me CC wanted a certain type of player and we didn't get them. Quite who's fault that is I don't know 

7 minutes ago, Silkstone Owl said:

Worrying times

1) Don’t understand the timing of that statement AT ALL.  Busy Christmas period, many games coming up and then send out a message club seemingly in disarray.

2) The statement reads like a ‘rant’. Purely from the length of it.  Not much of a true ‘point’ to it, other than ‘we’re a family we ought to act like one’??? - assuming we’re a functional family (which we clearly can’t be!) and ‘don’t abuse each other’.

3) Start running the ‘ship’ like a business than a ‘family’, we might actually go somewhere quicker.  That’s the most worrying thing, for me.  A true businessman shouldn’t be sat trying to appease every single fan.  Do what’s best to maximise YOUR investment DC.  Things are going south on the pitch, if you want promotion you need to change something. 

4) I want CC gone but abuse is just plain wrong - so many fans spitting their dummy out right now because they aren’t getting their own ‘way’.  Neanderthal actions if you ask me.

I agree with most of your post bud, some good points, but as far as the latter yes, abuse is not warranted, but the frustration with many has kicked in and you don't need to be sun tzu or alexander or hanibal to realise the strategy and tactics are failing and needs changing, even John Smith the bricckys labourer can see its not working. 

2 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

I agree with most of your post bud, some good points, but as far as the latter yes, abuse is not warranted, but the frustration with many has kicked in and you don't need to be sun tzu or alexander or hanibal to realise the strategy and tactics are failing and needs changing, even John Smith the bricckys labourer can see its not working. 

I get that mate, I’m as frustrated as the next Wednesdayite on a football basis only, that will always spark debate but seeing comments like wanting CC to ‘die’ are way way way over the top.

Edited by Silkstone Owl

I can’t for the life of me understand what possesses a business leader, family head or whatever to issue a statement like this. He has made himself look weak, defensive and poured more fuel on the fire without any upside.

I don’t question that the Chairman desperately wants to succeed and really misses the adulation he received in that first exciting season. However it’s about more than just him. The club is more important and is increasingly looking a total shambles.

He would better serve the club, fans and ultimately himself by cutting the waffle and showing in actions, not words that he merits role of  “family head” rather than having simply bought it.

2 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

To be fair I don't see them not putting a shift in, any of them. Reach probably runs more than any of our squad per game, yes he might not be very good in the tackle, but I'd rather he didn't try and clatter someone when he can't tackle and get sent off like Hammill did for Barnsley against us.  Butterfield is trying to play DM, or RM yest! When he's never been that. He's been an attacking mid 

we wanted to sign leaders, Sean Morrison etc where we had bids rejected, yet didn't get any of them. Who's fault is that?

That says to me CC wanted a certain type of player and we didn't get them. Quite who's fault that is I don't know 

We looked at 200 CB's and eventually found 2, venancio came as his club captain, yet until it gets desperate we don't give him a chance??, as for Butterfield I agree he's an attacking midfielder, but if we needed a defencive mid to work in Carlos defensive tactics and style shouldn't that have been the remit?? 

Just now, shezzas left peg said:

We looked at 200 CB's and eventually found 2, venancio came as his club captain, yet until it gets desperate we don't give him a chance??, as for Butterfield I agree he's an attacking midfielder, but if we needed a defencive mid to work in Carlos defensive tactics and style shouldn't that have been the remit?? 

Precisely. But clearly CC said he wanted proven championship CBs. Then we went after Keogh and Morrison. Failed.

We then got two CBs from foreign leagues who needed time to adapt. That's not players of the original spec CC wanted. 

Lets not forget Rhodes was mentioned as 'a signing for the fans'. Doesn't sound like CC signing to me either. 

I wish we understood this in more more detail but of course we will never get the nitty gritty from inside the club 

'Fans are supposed to stay together in good times and bad', the chairman has stated - Well 27,471 were at the Boro game yesterday and things haven't been going so good recently and also it ain't cheap to watch Wednesday. Likewise with the recent record selling home shirts and also despite most wanting stripped shirts here and having had to wait unduly to be able to buy these shirts and all of some relevant point here, IMO.

Wednesday do continue to have strong support home and away. In fact if there was an historical loyalty league, SWFC would certainly be in the top division and in with a good chance of regular honours, also IMO.

Lots of supporters clearly aren't happy at this time though and just as DC, CC, the players and staff will also be here largely, I do see and accept. This also is not entirely a bad thing at all, as if people are unhappy and actually hurting, it does prove they care greatly and by virtue of feeling these emotions so acutely. The far greater problem is when people don't feel such emotions and general apathy starts to set in.

Everybody who cares and loves our club, wants success. I do agree with the chairman's sentiments, that abuse and also negative comments that aren't constructive at all, are not required. I do believe many may well actually need to 'reign themselves in a bit' here and at this current time and when emotions are running so high and I do also include myself at times.

Everything in football, at all clubs, that is relevant and topical, is largely driven by the most recent of circumstances and experiences though. The fact here for us and which also drives recent significant discontent, again IMO, is that we appear to have stagnated / gone backwards, since CC's first fantastic season, unfortunately - I do make this comment also in the knowledge that CC's 2nd season did bring more points and a higher league position finish than his 1st, though was nowhere near as exciting to watch unfold to most fans and which is a clear consensus of opinion, again unfortunately.

I am still willing for CC to turn things around though - though I also don't think he could reasonably argue too much, if his tenure was brought to a close now also.

UTO.

1 hour ago, Lincs Owl said:

Any more fans think like that?   The blokes put millions into the club, with no current reward.   He must be more angry than any fan over our league position.

Before he came, we played on a mudheap, saw the halftimes on tellies that looked like they'd been pulled from the local tip, and had a scoreboard that Fleetwood Town would have laughed at.  

My gripes are the Ipswich kit, the ridiculous match day prices, the unaffordable clubshop prices.   He's made some serious errors. 

But tinpot despot?   Really?

No but most teams have decent pitches and scoreboards as a matter of course. It isn't a big deal and hardly worthy of mention and certainly didn't require a grand unveiling.

3 minutes ago, Silkstone Owl said:

I get that mate, I’m as frustrated as the next Wednesdayite on a football basis only, that will always spark debate but seeing comments like wanting CC to ‘die’ are way way way over the top.

Yes too true, an emotional over the top response after throwing teddy out of the pram it's a little like the chairman's statement to be fair. If you read my posts, you won't find any such behaviour from me, it's not my way and not how I was brought up. Ill try to give constructive criticism abuse just inflames situations and makes a logical and thought out conclusion more difficult. 

Simpley labelling people neanderthals that are so blinded by their passion helps neither. Yes some on here do go over the top and say things they probably wouldn't in the real world because in their anger at what can easily be seen, but dosent seem to being rectified enrages them so much they can't see clearly.