MESSAGE FROM THE SWFC CHAIRMAN (and he's not happy)

9 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Precisely. But clearly CC said he wanted proven championship CBs. Then we went after Keogh and Morrison. Failed.

We then got two CBs from foreign leagues who needed time to adapt. That's not players of the original spec CC wanted. 

Lets not forget Rhodes was mentioned as 'a signing for the fans'. Doesn't sound like CC signing to me either. 

I wish we understood this in more more detail but of course we will never get the nitty gritty from inside the club 

Yeah, there's definitely something amiss with recruitment. Though we did miss a trick with not going in for Harley Dean instead?. 

I was pondering our recruitment the other day and some say Carlos is involved, some say he isn't. 

Now on evidence Im doubting Carlos is. 

Season 1 the chairman wanted attacking football, we signed players with that in mind and Carlos desperate to please his new employer gave him attacking football. 

Seasons 2/3 Carlos changed tack and goes defensive negative low risk football. 

We sign reach abdi etc..?? Not players to fit the system. 

We follow that up with the likes of Boyd, Butterfield, VanAkren?? Again players that would suit season 1 style when we needed more like a Flint, diame, Kent on loan personnel in to suit our current tactics. 

All this says to me Carlos says I want this player, DC gives him something else. Weve all noticed both are a bit of control freaks, so it's not beyond the realms of possibility. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Davetherave said:

You really have hit the nail on the head Swiss, a very well penned heart felt post.

To quote you ......

” the silent majority”

If the silent majority took back the forum it would all get very quiet. In fact it would shut down wouldn’t it? 

32 minutes ago, Silkstone Owl said:

I get that mate, I’m as frustrated as the next Wednesdayite on a football basis only, that will always spark debate but seeing comments like wanting CC to ‘die’ are way way way over the top.

As I said I agree with you there is no place for that sort of abuse and comment, though especially this time of year anger mixed with alcohol can do strange things to people and make them do and say stuff that otherwise they would know better, I'm not condoning it, but can understand how things like this get said. Too much souce . lol

• Haha 1

At first glance that statement does seem odd. But now Carlos has resigned maybe not. Maybe dc knew Carlos had resigned while he wrote it. Last chance saloon now. The fans have got what they wanted. Now we need to get behind the new manager and the chairman. If the abuse doesn’t stop he will walk.

So much over sensitivity in this.

DC is just calling the bluff of people saying they wanted a refund.

He knows that football fans are full of hot air. It’s an emotional game and they react to everything in an over dramatic way.

He’s fired the manager, offered a season ticket refund.

How many times have you read and heard fans demanding a refund. Well guess what, now we have a chairman who offers it...let’s see who takes it up.

ill answer....no one

Because the people demanding it are all wind and no wee wee

and the reason people are so angrymad about this statement is because - whether they are willing to admit it or not - DC has called their bluff and they don’t like it one bit

Edited by McRightSide
  • Like 1

In all seriousness he's being a whole ton of naive here. Culture shock maybe?

You can't expect tens of thousands of people to be nice all the time. Football is something people use to blow off steam. They're passionate about it. Sometimes they're total dicks about it. 

I know this because I post on Owlstalk. Some of you are utter bell-ends some or all of the time. Especially Neil. But I love you too because we're Wednesday. See, not that hard, is it? :biggrin:

Listen, if you're a leader, you can't please all the people all the time, and sometimes you just have to listen to people shout. You don't have to like it. But you should always listen.

Take it from me - I used to be a politician. Getting abuse is a given. It's hard. But it doesn't make the experience not worthwhile.

• Like 2

DC is an incredibly weak leader as I've said for ages now

Wish I had the money to take us over and make us into a force in the game again

He couldn't have got things any wronger in recent times

The glimmer of hope starts today with Carlos getting the boot

But it's too little too late

Carlos had to be sacked but it has been handled incompetently.  Shouldn't have been retained this season and even then it would have been better for Carlos to move him on a fews months back when it was clear he'd lost any chance of improving things....happens to most managers eventuallyas we all know.  Now we have this ridiculous situation of the Chairman defending Carlos and attacking the fans only a few hours before Carlos goes by mutual consent.  It isn't good leadership.

7 minutes ago, horny owl said:

DC is an incredibly weak leader as I've said for ages now

Wish I had the money to take us over and make us into a force in the game again

He couldn't have got things any wronger in recent times

The glimmer of hope starts today with Carlos getting the boot

But it's too little too late

I think he’s show incredibly strong leadership on a number of occasions. FF, kit, managerial choice, funding for players etc

Becuase you disagree, doesn’t make it weak.

Carlos should have gone a month ago. But again, backing your man and your judgement isn’t necessarily weak leadership.

Google says that underperformers are in the wrong job and are supported to find a new one in the company. Is google leadership weak?

Edited by McRightSide