Whats the point in having Abdi on bench?

Guest Copthorneowl
57 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Don't understand why Carlos didn't make the third substitution. We are chasing a game 1-0 down and needed some attacking creativity. 

What happens ??? Nothing.

Abdi should have been brought on for Fox well before his red card. He had been rubbish all night  .

3 at the back with Abdi in AM role.

Carlos just hasn't got a clue at the moment. Has to go. I know about the 7 or so injuries but his decision making is atrocious 

Good post matey. Absolutely bizarre not to (1) make a third substitution (2) Not to take Fox off who was dire throughout and (3)  Play three at the back as you suggest and either bring Abdi or Matias (the invisible man on).

Did it really matter whether we conceded more goals by doing so but at least gave us more option to score ourselves.

Guest Copthorneowl
30 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

The whole Abdi thing is frustrating. 

We buy one of the best midfielders in the championship, played an integral part in a very good Watford side, played 30+ games in the PL....comes to Wednesday and we shoe horn him into a midfield of Lee, Bannan and Wallace. We played him on the wing, we played him as a winger and a defensive midfielder. 

And then Carlos blamed his poor start on not having a pre season. 

We should have / should be building the midfield around him. If that means getting rid of CC’s favourites, like Bannan, Lee, Wallace et al, then so be it. Aforementioned players have had a good stab at it last couple of seasons, but ultimately we came up short. Time to shake things up, try some of the stock piled players we have. 

Agree with most of what you say however whilst last year I felt Bannan flattered, this year he has conclusively proved we couldn't improve without him and he's been terrific this year, Lee has not been 100% fit at any time.

I do feel we have failed miserably to accommodate Abdi clearly a very fine player although even his biggest fans wouldn't say he's taken all his chances when they've been given. His fitness seems to be a major problem in all fairness whatever camp your in.

4 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

This annoys me aswell, if Abdi isn’t fit enough to come onto the pitch then stick a youngster on the bench.

our team is crying out for creativity and we had Abdi and Matias on the bench.

Seems a strange one to me but I’m not Carlos 

Abdi and Matias couldnt create.     s hit!

Abdi must have been there just to make up the numbers. There's no way he is match fit. He needs game time when we aren't chasing a game. In the past we would have loaned him out for a couple of months to get fit. shame we can't do that now.

Judging by other threads on here he’s probabobably not fit enough to play, but just about fit enough to hobble up the tunnel and park his ‘aris’ on the bench for 93 minutes without troubling the fourth official. We know he’s a good player but I think we all know our ‘medical annihilation squad’ have given him a right seeing to over the past two seasons. Do you remember the thread on here a year or two back where FF was seen in the car park giving a tell-tale shrug of the shoulders to Almen when he (Abdi) hadn’t been selected in the match day squad yet again? Speaks fookin’ volumes, does that. Always, always pay close attention to body language...especially in a Carlos interview!lol

7 hours ago, sternlad said:

Judging by other threads on here he’s probabobably not fit enough to play, but just about fit enough to hobble up the tunnel and park his ‘aris’ on the bench for 93 minutes without troubling the fourth official. We know he’s a good player but I think we all know our ‘medical annihilation squad’ have given him a right seeing to over the past two seasons. Do you remember the thread on here a year or two back where FF was seen in the car park giving a tell-tale shrug of the shoulders to Almen when he (Abdi) hadn’t been selected in the match day squad yet again? Speaks fookin’ volumes, does that. Always, always pay close attention to body language...especially in a Carlos interview!lol

Carlos interviews mmm, its like he's on a loop,been used in 115 league games +5 play off games

Why we signed Abdi given the way we play (narrow 4-4-2) I have no idea.

Another player in our squad more suited to a 4-3-3 / 3-5-2 formation which we just don’t play (apart from when he plays three centre forwards when things get really desperate).