Whats the point in having Abdi on bench?

Wallace is a Carlos favourite. 

Butterfield came off instead of him, then Wallace (typically when we’re losing) goes into midfield to get on the ball, when we have a “playmaker” in Abdi on the bench. 

- For the record, I don’t dislike Wallace. He’s a good servant to the club, but when you deserve subbing you deserve subbing. Not more square pegs in round holes. 

• Like 1

Carlos clearly has something against Abdi.

For me he'd be straight into the team.

I would like to see us play and Abdi And Jones as a central pair in this side

Westwood

Hunt    Lees     Hutch       Reach

Boyd    Abdi    Jones       FF

Hooper   Rhodes

Give Boyd or FF a free role.

Then again, I suspect they'd never all been fit at the same time.

3 minutes ago, mcowl said:

Westwood

Hooper   Rhodes

We've tried Reach & FF down the left before... Got ripped a new one 

It would be even worse, if we only had Rudi Jones, or Abdi trying to cover 

1 hour ago, Kopparberg said:

Wallace is a Carlos favourite. 

Butterfield came off instead of him, then Wallace (typically when we’re losing) goes into midfield to get on the ball, when we have a “playmaker” in Abdi on the bench. 

- For the record, I don’t dislike Wallace. He’s a good servant to the club, but when you deserve subbing you deserve subbing. Not more square pegs in round holes. 

thing that annoys me about Wallace is every so often he thinks he is Messi and tries to go round people and we all know what happens next.

Edited by pazowl55

Guest everydays_wednesday

I believe Abdi played over 30 games his last season with Watford in the premier........can’t get a game in front of bang average players.

baffling.

What’s the point starting Reach every sodding game? Thing is your face either fits or it doesn’t under this head coach hence the slide down the table. We’ll never go anywhere but backwards under him. We’ve now got a Chairman who likes to back his head coach, unfortunately he has backed/backing the wrong one :manager:

1 hour ago, mcowl said:

Westwood

Hooper   Rhodes

Problem with that midfield it would get dominated by my granny and 10 year old niece, we'd get totally overrun through the middle as Jones just wanders /ghosts around and they just haven't got the strength and defensive ability in our current tactics to stamp their authority on the opposition especially against a 3 or 5 man midfield. 

The whole Abdi thing is frustrating. 

We buy one of the best midfielders in the championship, played an integral part in a very good Watford side, played 30+ games in the PL....comes to Wednesday and we shoe horn him into a midfield of Lee, Bannan and Wallace. We played him on the wing, we played him as a winger and a defensive midfielder. 

And then Carlos blamed his poor start on not having a pre season. 

We should have / should be building the midfield around him. If that means getting rid of CC’s favourites, like Bannan, Lee, Wallace et al, then so be it. Aforementioned players have had a good stab at it last couple of seasons, but ultimately we came up short. Time to shake things up, try some of the stock piled players we have. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Because Reach gives 100% and is one of very few players in the squad who almost always goes in a forward direction whenever he has the ball. 

He runs around like an headless chicken, neshes out of 50/50’s and he can’t cross a road most of the time. As has been said many times before, if a player sums up Carlos’ last 18 months in charge here, it’s him.

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

This annoys me aswell, if Abdi isn’t fit enough to come onto the pitch then stick a youngster on the bench.

our team is crying out for creativity and we had Abdi and Matias on the bench.

Seems a strange one to me but I’m not Carlos 

what sort of crazy talk is this 

what team ever plays a youngster only to find out they have a gem?  it never happens ever ...........here