Feel sorry for Joao

25 minutes ago, Walt said:

Think I will use the Jordan Rhodes excuse as it's bullet proof: 

We don't play to João's strengths. 

In that system last night João was the player to lead the line. The £10 million pound penalty box player Rhodes was like a fish out of water. Another example of an utterly baffling decision trying to shoehorn a player without the required skills into a system.

I agree. For me it's Rhodes or Hooper as the Penalty box player. You can only play both along side Fletcher, Joao or Nuhiu in the Centre as part of a three. 

The question still remains with Rhodes why buy him at that money if there was no plan to do the above? 

And if you're going to play three up front it doesn't have to be panic stations route one all the time. Wolves and the other side have proved that. 

17 hours ago, Owls2k said:

Joao is still getting a look in because he is our only fit attacker with any decent level of pace, in reality he just has not delivered since his dip in form in season one. 

On the pitch he comes across as a little away with the fairies (or 'head in the clouds' as CC put it in season 1), he just does not seem to be in sync with the game or his teammates. His unpredictability can be useful if he's on song, but that's such a rare occurrence that it is understandable that he is only being used as a plan B or C. 

He is a far cry from the Joao who absolutely tore Hull's defence a new one in the first season, and we are stuck with him for another 18 months. 

He's simply making decisions at a different level to the rest of the team. I suspect it's at a higher level, and if he leaves we'll seem him succeed elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, sonofbert2 said:

We are 10 points from the play offs and 10 points from the relegation places in December.

37 million is the total cost of just 3.5 of the   current top of the league's signings and they beat us last night 1-0.

Two play off appearances on the bounce after 15 + years of being nowhere near in his and the new chairmans' first two seasons in English and Championship football isn't any act of fraud either.

I might think it is time for a change or I might not but to ignore the above, the very basic facts of now and most recent and to go off like some are doing is quite frankly, weird.

We may have stored up some problems, we may have some difficulties ahead but it is all very easy with hindsight and pure speculation and an obvious agenda to paint the very worst picture on our worst patch since they came in.

I enjoyed the good bits for what they were as they happened and I hope I will again.  Those big games, win or lose, are where we want to be and where we should want to be.

I pity you and a good few others who have lost site of the very basics of supporting your team and enjoy far more plumping up your egos and creating negativity around the edges of something you and anybody else had any real chance of controlling or really influencing a long, long, time ago.

You just come across sad, bitter, resentful and frankly a bit mental with it all.

He won't reply 

19 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

This won't be popular, but giving him 25 minutes pretty much as a winger is destroying him.

He needs to play down the middle, close to the other striker or not at all.

Why push Reach central and Joao out wide? Why not leave Reach out wide and bring Abdi on for Wallace? Baffling.

I feel for the lot of 'em having to play under Carlos.

That dressing room must be starting to stink.

10 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Sorry but I don't feel sorry for any footballer getting 1000s of pounds a week.

Regardless of what they're paid, wouldn't you like to think they have some pride in their performance? 

If you got a huge pay rise would you immediately be immune to disappointment?

I don't think he's any  good and will be very surprised if another championship club takes him off our hands .....he as a few attributes but being unable to control the ball and a scoring record that is abysmal doesn't bode well for him at this level . 

3 hours ago, s8owl75 said:

He's simply making decisions at a different level to the rest of the team. I suspect it's at a higher level, and if he leaves we'll seem him succeed elsewhere. 

Cannot agree with that. He seems to lack focus and is clearly not in sync with the rest of the team, his decision making and execution is 9 times out 10 very poor. You can level the blame at Carlos but you have to also look at Joao himself.

It would be interesting to see him under another manager, although he didn't pull any trees up at Blackburn when he was there. 

He seems like yet another player who looks too confortable to me, with his contract running out in 18 months.