Carlos "I agree we have a lack of pace"

11 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

So Carlos' philosophy is based on FF being fit 100% of the time, or we don't function? Good plan Carlos. 

Aye, the six match winning run which Carlos often quotes when asked how the feck he expects to get promotion this season happened when Forestieri was injured. Quite a contradiction in terms.

Just now, ChinaOwl said:

Aye, the six match winning run which Carlos often quotes when asked how the feck he expects to get promotion this season happened when Forestieri was injured. 

I forgot about that one

lol

Oh Carlos.... 

Can Mr Chansiri please stop him doing interviews/statements/press conferences until we are promoted?

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, sheriwozgod said:

Just f*** off will you with your mealy mouthed whiny excuses............you are the man in charge , BE PROACTIVE, something like , oh i dont know ..............a change of system that better suits the squad YOU have put together.

Show some respect

Is this some kind of flipping joke? 

I've been saying for nearly 2 years now we can't rely on FF all the time for that bit of magic and creativity. We've always needed more pace in the side and that was clear ever since Jeremy Helan retired. 

There was always a danger FF required surgery, his knee problem was nothing new. Surely the new physio team new this? A wide option to replace the ageing Wallace has been needed for 2 years now.

This man is really starting to wee wee me off.

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Is this some kind of flipping joke? 

I've been saying for nearly 2 years now we can't rely on FF all the time for that bit of magic and creativity. We've always needed more pace in the side and that was clear ever since Jeremy Helan retired. 

There was always a danger FF required surgery, his knee problem was nothing new. Surely the new physio team new this? A wide option to replace the ageing Wallace has been needed for 2 years now.

This man is really starting to wee wee me off.

Difficult to disagree with this, but I’ve no idea what constraints the club has. I’m sure in an ideal world it would have been sorted, maybe!

37 minutes ago, sirlawrenceofmadden said:

FF, when fit is a multi million pound player, so you say that we should just buy another multi million pound  player as cover, how will that work exactly?

exactly ......to cover him like you say would be 10 million quid at least but that wont stop some blaming chansiri / carlos/the committee for not doing so ......it's like they think left wingers who can get 10- 15 goals a season can just be plucked out of thin air .........of course if we hadn't spent the 10 million on Rhodes then we may have had the money to do so but that would have left the clubs critics with the " 10 million for a cover player, he's having a laugh "...........he's damned if he does he's damned if he doesn't .

Edited by torryowl

2 minutes ago, torryowl said:

exactly ......to cover him like you say would be 10 million quid at least but that wont stop some blaming chansiri / carlos/the committee for not doing so ......it's like they think left wingers who can get 10- 15 goals a season can just be plucked out of thin air .........

I'd counter that by asking how much we've spent, what positions we have bought, how many players never get a game etc

There's too much against your argument to be fair

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, sirlawrenceofmadden said:

Difficult to disagree with this, but I’ve no idea what constraints the club has. I’m sure in an ideal world it would have been sorted, maybe!

What constraints?

We managed to work within constraints to sign Fletcher, Abdi, Jones and Rhodes- all on big wages yet all have NOT improved us since Wembley.

You can't tell me the money pissed up the wall to sign them couldn't have been made to better use. 

FF although being a big miss to the team is certainly not the answer to the lack of pace in the side , it is an area we've been lacking in for a long time and one that could and  should have been addressed , I can't accept any excuses especially the FFP as to why it hasn't , we have wasted millions on some very poor signings that have done nothing to improve what we had before . 

6 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

What constraints?

We managed to work within constraints to sign Fletcher, Abdi, Jones and Rhodes- all on big wages yet all have NOT improved us since Wembley.

You can't tell me the money pissed up the wall to sign them couldn't have been made to better use. 

it's hard to argue with that .... when the owner decides to spend the best part of 15 million quid on a player as a present to the fans  and then saying we are having problems staying with in FFP  that summats not quite right