If Carlos isn't removed this weekend

28 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

If putting money on it would put it on him still being in charge v Wolves.

Crowd could really turn against him if losing on Friday which is very likely looking at the league table.

Sort of match we will pull a rabbit out of a hat and win. 

We'd have more of a chance in a pulling rabbits out of hats contest than playing them at football.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If by some unbelievable and unacceptable reason that Carlos Carvalhal is still the manager of Sheffield Wednesday Football Club on Monday, that a one hour interview special with him is arranged with Rob Staton from Radio Sheffield asking all the questions that we have been asking on here?

I think it's time to pin the manager down with some extremely direct questions (and follows ups if he tries evading/deflecting)

Rob's the man who asks the questions we want asking and asks them directly enough. He is the man to challenge Carlos and get the answers.

I don't want this done to humiliate Carlos in any way. I want it so that we can get the answers about our football club that we are all asking questions about. Especially on the recruitment, training, strategy and tactical side

Ive heard enough of Carlo`s excuses without having to sit though another hour of them. 

Its a No from me. 

15 minutes ago, WayneTheOwl said:

I would like one question to be asked "Carlos, why are you hell bent on taking Sheffield Wednesday into a relegation scrap".

You'd be better off asking his boss that question.

Chansiri has the power to remove Carlos. He hasn't because he's clueless.

Chansiri's reluctance to make a change is a far greater concern than having Carvalhal hanging around. 

Managers come and go and so do players. A season or two of slow but sure evolution has to be accepted at pretty much any club. That can be done without too much negative impact on a clubs future.

Poor top level decision making can linger around for years, we've already seen the effect of that here.

Think it is way beyond this. CC never answers questions he just waffles on about the same thing and makes little or no sense. He iis way out of his depth and was never capable of managing a club long term in a league as competative as Championship. He only has one way of playing and this was seen at his other clubs and they got rid.

He has wasted a golden opportunity built an unbalanced aging squad.

Questions that spring to mind are;

1.Statistics are a useful tool in football and we had a squad last season which had an average age older than any which had ever been promoted out of Championship. Prior to season we add a 32 year old player to .the squad which showed me he had no ability to learn or understand requirements of the league.

2.In addition this player was a left footed wide player all of the wide players in midfield are left footed thus adds no variation to squad.

3.We sign a centre back who had just had a poor season in Holland where his transfer value had plummeted. We had two slow centre backs so we sign another. We take another centre back on loan who is captain of his club and has many games under his belt and is not ready fior first team. Howwas this meant to strengthen defence, we lacked pace and aerial power nether have been addressed.

4. When first came team spirit was talked about a lot now rarely mentioned also we have add numerous players sidelined whilst he managed club more than I can remember any other manager having. How is team spirit currently

5.We had all physios sacked at end of season, injury situation has deterioratedis this not diue to buying players who are wrong side of thirty where injury is more common and recovery slower. Does he agree this was a stupid error.

6. We play a counter attacking style where pace is essential in English game if this is to succeed, do you not realise speed is essential in English game.

7. You play an Iberian style of football which was a novelty in first year. however this was worked out at end of first year and you resorted to a defensive formation of this style which is still employed. You must realise this has now been rumbled. Is this the extent of your tactical knowledge or do you think we have not recruiyted players which would allow us to play any other style.

8. The majority of fans find entertainment value of football very low does this concern you.

9. Do you not think it is down to you and your players to create excitemnt on pitch to generate atmosphere in the stadium.

10. When you joined sheffield wednesday it was clear you had little knowledge of Championship football or the type of players required have you taken any steps during your time in England to familiarise yourself with the leagues what fans want and the variety of styles of play.

11. Are you content with our scouting of opposition teams as we appear to set up same for all teams and make same mistakes repeatedly against all teams. For example we have played Bolton twice and made same mistakes in both games.

12. I have never known a Wednesday manager complain about Referees as much as you, do you think this helps us get decisions in future games?

13. Do you take youth players with first team squad to games how often do you work with youth team and u/23 players?

7 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Something is up. I don’t know what it is, but there looks to be something wrong in the dressing room. The players look miserable. The body language and lack of sharpness suggests all is not well to me.

The fact we are in the bottom half when we are supposed to be challenging for the autos probably has something to do with it. 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

If by some unbelievable and unacceptable reason that Carlos Carvalhal is still the manager of Sheffield Wednesday Football Club on Monday, that a one hour interview special with him is arranged with Rob Staton from Radio Sheffield asking all the questions that we have been asking on here?

I think it's time to pin the manager down with some extremely direct questions (and follows ups if he tries evading/deflecting)

Rob's the man who asks the questions we want asking and asks them directly enough. He is the man to challenge Carlos and get the answers.

I don't want this done to humiliate Carlos in any way. I want it so that we can get the answers about our football club that we are all asking questions about. Especially on the recruitment, training, strategy and tactical side

Owlstalk is publishing articles these days, so why not go down and ask the questions yourself?

(Serious question)

46 minutes ago, g-owls said:

You'd be better off asking his boss that question.

Chansiri has the power to remove Carlos. He hasn't because he's clueless.

Chansiri's reluctance to make a change is a far greater concern than having Carvalhal hanging around. 

Managers come and go and so do players. A season or two of slow but sure evolution has to be accepted at pretty much any club. That can be done without too much negative impact on a clubs future.

Poor top level decision making can linger around for years, we've already seen the effect of that here.

Their relationship is too close which is why he won't sack him. The change will happen in the summer when it can be a 'mutual parting.' Let's just hope in the meantime the club are putting appropriate resource into finding a replacement who can actually take us forward.

3 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

If he really is here until the end of the season for whatever reason, it's going to get really ugly and unpleasant.

With every passing game it gets harder and harder for Carlos to say that we will still go up. If the gap to the top 6 goes to 13,14,15 points then surely he has to stop pretending and walk.............

I don't actually want to hear from Carlos, or Chansiri for that matter.  I don't want words.  I want action.  

I've bought into the club's message in recent years.  I've been filled with that optimism and I've bought into the idea that we need to pay premium prices for premium football.  But now I feel that the club is having my pants down to be honest.  I'm actually becoming more and more bitter with each bizarre and cryptic press conference and with each pathetic, cowardly performance.  It is f***ing insulting to put it bluntly.  

There needs to be a change and it needs to happen as soon as Sunday.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Let's hope Rob just sticks to the facts of the game and Carlos learns form his / our mistakes or Megson gets enough time to rectify them...