Carlos says we lost because we didn't defend enough

Carlos had a lot of goodwill after his first 2 seasons in charge despite a few wanting a change after the playoff defeat last year. He's doing his level best to erode that goodwill now. Realistically its season over but he continues to talk rubbish. It's such a shame because he could have left with his head held high but that won't happen now.

TBF I’m not sure how Neil has come up with this (though it is probably right), I listened / watched Carlos and I really struggled to understand anything he was trying to say, it was just a ramble with him trying his best to avoid eye contact with the camera..

He knew it was poor, he knew there was nowhere to hide, we were carp and he totally knew it, I just hope Neil was right with his earlier statement !

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Exactly

Absolutely BONKERSSSSSS

lol

PLOT                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         CARLOS

:picnic:

We lost because yet again we didn't go for the jugular against a pish poor & low on confidence Norwich side. Instead we let them attack us thus raising their confidence levels & momentum. He's incapable of changing & needs to go without delay.

It's just excuse after excuse from him, he blames anyone and everyone but himself. I can see him soon becoming one of the most disliked managers we have had in a long time if he doesn't change soon. We shouldn't be getting beat and playing so so badly by a team 3v1 that haven't won at home in THREE MONTHS! Why do we always seem to be the team that helps other teams break their winless/goalless runs. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

16 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So Carlos just said that we were winning 1-0 and Norwich got back in the game and won it because we didn't shut up shop and just purely defend

He was insistent that if we'd stuck to being a defensive side we'd not have lost the game

He then went on to say that 3:1 wasn't a fair result

Bizarre

Had enough of his excuses. He has become a joke now. 

16 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So Carlos just said that we were winning 1-0 and Norwich got back in the game and won it because we didn't shut up shop and just purely defend

He was insistent that if we'd stuck to being a defensive side we'd not have lost the game

He then went on to say that 3:1 wasn't a fair result

Bizarre

Nothing positive Neil?

4 minutes ago, Moaty78 said:

But he picks the players that aren't turning up have you ever played the game

It's not as though we've had zero rotation this season.

Have I ever played football? Yes, yes I have.

I'm, uh...not really sure how that's relevant though.

Edited by Mr. Tom

2 minutes ago, mogbad said:

We lost because yet again we didn't go for the jugular against a pish poor & low on confidence Norwich side. Instead we let them attack us thus raising their confidence levels & momentum. He's incapable of changing & needs to go without delay.

That’s his default position now.  

Look at Huddersfield play off first leg. Beat them twice in regular season and went to their place and played like we were terrified of them.

And to me his comments were a pisspoor attack on his critics.

Just now, Mr. Tom said:

I believe it's both.

I have to agree

The fact that the defensive coach was in Carlos' ear whilst 2-1 down towards the end of the game was bizarre - especially when we go on to concede a penalty where BARRY BANNAN is the one defending at right back whilst Liam Palmer heads up front to Skegness for his holidays or summat

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

That’s his default position now.  

Look at Huddersfield play off first leg. Beat them twice in regular season and went to their place and played like we were terrified of them.

And to me his comments were a pisspoor attack on his critics.

The second leg was even worse.  When Fletcher scored we had Huddersfield on the ropes and didn't seize the opportunity. For 5 minutes they were there for the taking. Just like a very poor Norwich were there for the taking after we scored today.