Carlos says we lost because we didn't defend enough

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I meant even wider than just the playing time on the pitch

I mean can you imagine coming to Sheffield Wednesday as a footballer?

Being in this squad must be mindblowingly frustrating and confusing

There's gotta be some stuff gone on behind the scenes (Abdi, Winnall, Forestieri, Hutch etc etc)

It's bonkers

Bloody criminal in my eyes Neil, feels like we are back at square one.

These teams we are losing to are poor.  (And I am not arrogantly expecting us to turn everybody over, just being objective.) Birmingham were there for the taking, so were Ipswich, now Norwich. Wasn't at Bolton but same I imagine. If any team wants an opponent to play them back into form it's us.

No physicality, no pace, no leadership, no attacking intent.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I meant even wider than just the playing time on the pitch

I mean can you imagine coming to Sheffield Wednesday as a footballer?

Being in this squad must be mindblowingly frustrating and confusing

There's gotta be some stuff gone on behind the scenes (Abdi, Winnall, Forestieri, Hutch etc etc)

It's bonkers

True and it makes it all the more frustrating for us. When we had no money a shocking pitch to play football on and a coach who deployed defensive tactics it was hard to watch at times but more understandable.

Now we have a huge squad of players, some don't get a look in whatsoever despite being very successful not so long ago at this level, others that are always injured or unfit despite not having these problems in the past and the complete restructure of our medical team.

Then there are players like Venancio who left his home country where he was an ever present and a captain for a team in the top flight to pursue his dream of playing in English football.....I bet his dream didn't involve not playing a game in 4 months for a team that is struggling to keep a clean sheet and has had numerous injuries in his position during that time.

Nuhiu changes the game as a sub twice in 3 games - in the middle game he is unused as we fail to score against a team with a poor home record.

Out of the blue Joao starts 1 game and then is not involved at all the next, Matias starts despite not even being on the bench the months and is then used in a role which seems not to suit him at all.

6 minutes ago, September65 said:

These teams we are losing to are poor.  (And I am not arrogantly expecting us to turn everybody over, just being objective.) Birmingham were there for the taking, so were Ipswich, now Norwich. Wasn't at Bolton but same I imagine. If any team wants an opponent to play them back into form it's us.

No physicality, no pace, no leadership, no attacking intent.

The table doesn't lie, we have played all of the 10 teams below us and have won only 1 of those games - simply not good enough - and whatever Carlos says it ain't because we do too much attacking and not enough defending!

18 minutes ago, Andoverowl said:

Bloody criminal in my eyes Neil, feels like we are back at square one.

Thing is in previous years we have had teams where we were creating shedloads of chances but didn't have a striker

Then there were times we had great strikers up front and couldn't get the ball to them

Literally one or two players away from a fantastic team

Then we went and bought up everyone and created this incredible squad of talent and then instead of utilising them, we squad rotated them until they disappeared, we got mystery injuries, falling out's on the training ground and players get dropped after playing well or scoring after a few months in the wilderness

It's SOOOOOOOO frustrating

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Thing is in previous years we have had teams where we were creating shedloads of chances but didn't have a striker

Then there were times we had great strikers up front and couldn't get the ball to them

Then we went and bought up everyone and created this incredible squad of talent and then instead of utilising them, we squad rotated them until they disappeared, we got mystery injuries, falling out's on the training ground and players get dropped after playing well or scoring after a few months in the wilderness

Then the fans get the blame :duntmatter:

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

we're like a case study 'how not to build a football team'

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

True and it makes it all the more frustrating for us. When we had no money a shocking pitch to play football on and a coach who deployed defensive tactics it was hard to watch at times but more understandable.

Now we have a huge squad of players, some don't get a look in whatsoever despite being very successful not so long ago at this level, others that are always injured or unfit despite not having these problems in the past and the complete restructure of our medical team.

Then there are players like Venancio who left his home country where he was an ever present and a captain for a team in the top flight to pursue his dream of playing in English football.....I bet his dream didn't involve not playing a game in 4 months for a team that is struggling to keep a clean sheet and has had numerous injuries in his position during that time.

Nuhiu changes the game as a sub twice in 3 games - in the middle game he is unused as we fail to score against a team with a poor home record.

Out of the blue Joao starts 1 game and then is not involved at all the next, Matias starts despite not even being on the bench the months and is then used in a role which seems not to suit him at all.

I completely forgot about Venancio, shows how bad our management is not to give him a try when our CBs are shocking especially with Lees out. Hardly suprising though, CC has done this many times in the past. Wasting money on players for them to never see game action. Clueless management and something we all have to accept from him.

My opinion from the sofa was that they looked there for the taking after you went ahead courtesy of some abysmal defending.

But, in your style of late, that was it. You seemed content to sit back, against a team who haven't won at home for 3 months and would likely throw the kitchen sink at you. 

My second point would be that you seem very unfit. Your side looked dead after 50 minutes. 

38 minutes ago, Bladeor said:

My opinion from the sofa was that they looked there for the taking after you went ahead courtesy of some abysmal defending.

But, in your style of late, that was it. You seemed content to sit back, against a team who haven't won at home for 3 months and would likely throw the kitchen sink at you. 

My second point would be that you seem very unfit. Your side looked dead after 50 minutes. 

Hate to agree with the blunt here but he sees this and its true , also got a tad tired of Reach's showboating first one ok but 11th  one oh dear .......

Carlos does not learn from past mistakes, not that he'd admit to them that is.

How often have we seen it, we get the lead and then go negative and invite teams to attack, as we did with Hull for the last 5 minutes. Suicidal tactics given our defence. 

Time to go,though if DC leaves it much longer it won't matter who we bring in as we'll end up with nothing to play for in the second half of the season. 

Edited by Beauchief Owl

Our big strengths lay in attack, we have a wealth of attackers at this club that are the envy of the league but our defence is woful.

We lost because Carlos didn’t play to our strengths, we lost tonight because we didn’t go for the kill at 1-0 against a side devoid of confidence, instead we tried to sit deep and defend, our defeat tonight is entirely the fault of Carlos Carvalhal.

The guy is an absolute fraud and is currently stealing a living. If he had a shred of dignity he would walk.

• Like 1