Tom Lees

15 hours ago, Lomas613 said:

To me I’m beginning to wonder if the players are giving up and playing poorly because they too don’t want CC anymore. That’s the only logical explanation I can come up with as to why a team won our quality is playing so shockingly 

What a load of Shiite, the team went bananas when bid Dave scored at the end. The team work hard every week, its the quality thats not there!

Edited by chizumgeorge
Spelling

Lees' performances have declined, but let's be honest....the whole defence looks unorganised and utterly petrified. 

To be fair to Lee's he's not had a consistent partner. He's not had anyone that he can be confident in playing with....they've all had a fckin mare. 

It was not just Lees all the back four were shocking. Loovens should have been sent off after his first tackle. Lees stood at the side of Garner for the first goal, then walks away from him. Hunt could have been sent off late on for stupid tackles. Fox out of position all the time, but did a lot better second half. Rhodes well it's all been said. I think its going to be a long season It will be if the blunts carry on as they are at the present. uto

15 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

That is not only demonstrably incorrect, it's wrong by almost the entire width of the league. Regardless of our attacking threat, we've consistently had one of the stingiest defences in the Championship for the entirety of CC's tenure. No more or less than a simple fact.

Granted they've been slightly wobblier this season than in the previous two, but c'mon man.

We had one of the best defences because Carlos made our midfielders defend as well. Now he has unleashed the beast and lets them attack at will, the defence is suffering with no cover :manager:.         It would appear not only has he ruined our strikers he's now moved onto destroying the defence.

Still a very good centre half who had a bad night, Rhodes plays a bad game and he needs a run, Lees has a bad game and suddenly he is rubbish. Best Wednesday Centre half since Des. He isn't the reason we are where we are. It is all at the other end where we are slow and not creative.

Possibly his worst display in a Wednesday shirt. 

Just an awful performance. The state of our defending for both Ipswich goals was absolutely laughable. 

Lees either loses his man or couldn't be arsed for the first and the second was absolute car crash. To allow a player a free header in the six yard box (with no one even near him) is pathetic. Whoever is coaching the players on how to play offside needs firing too. 

18 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Starting to agree with this. Going downhill rapidly. 

Can't pass.

Cant run.

Easily bullied.

Wish we'd cashed in the chips.

Jesus wept ....

What the flip is this?

I've picked out Lees in a few games this season where he's been poor but there's no way that we should be cashing in the chips or saying that Lees is, get this, EASILY BULLIED .. behave yourself

He's a couple of poor games this season but he's remained and will remain one of our most consistent performers at the back ..

Stinker of a game but some of the comments in this thread are absolutely preposterous ...

9 hours ago, daftpenguin said:

Both. This "can see why Leeds got rid" attitude is revisionist nonsense and reeks of desperation to be able to say "told you so" m, as if when he was part of the defence that kept the most clean sheets in the club's history it was somehow clear that he might have a couple of bad games two years later. Yes, he's been bad lately. No, that doesn't mean he's suddenly always been poor. 

One person as made Lees look a lot better than he actually is, Westwood. So why do you think Leeds got shot then. If he can't regain his confidence at this club then he as to get it elsewhere. We have a very static back four. The last two games just showed what fraiilitie's we have in the back four by teams irrespective of their league position, should have  hammered us with their attempts on target. So who is at fault for allowing other teams forwards to get through so often. Again I will mention his name Westwood who as saved us from defeat in quite a few games this season.  This guy as made the back look better than they really are. That's why I would not only get shot of Lees but the entire back four.Where in my posts did I  mention the saying 'I told you so'. 

19 hours ago, SiJ said:

Possibly his worst display in a Wednesday shirt. 

Just an awful performance. The state of our defending for both Ipswich goals was absolutely laughable. 

Lees either loses his man or couldn't be arsed for the first and the second was absolute car crash. To allow a player a free header in the six yard box (with no one even near him) is pathetic. Whoever is coaching the players on how to play offside needs firing too

Get George Graham in as defence coach...lol

Edited by Almat

18 hours ago, CLswfc said:

So why do you think Leeds got shot then. 

Because Leeds are a joke of a club who at the time were being run like a circus and they were dumb enough to think he couldn't cope with the league just because Colin threw him under the bus. Linking his recent form to Leeds getting rid is to dismiss his performances since he's been here. 

Edited by daftpenguin

IMHO  he has never been as good as some on here have raved about ie England , Prem League..............but he has been a very good , solid, consistent champs performer for us over the last few years.

What to make of his current form ?...........well there is no doubt he was awful on Wed night, is this just a dip in personal form or as a result of the overall lack of verve in the first team?

Personally i am worried it is something more as he has just "not looked right" mentally for quite a while, which might suggest a more pertinent problem not connected to form, but some kind of dispute / unhappiness with the current situation.................this is guesswork but clearly he seems nothing like his old self.

Having watched the "highlights" his "efforts" (or lack thereof) don't look any better.

Spoke to a colleague of mine today (also a Wednesday fan) and we both agreed that Lees looked his mind was elsewhere.

There was something worryingly lax about the way he allowed the Ipswich player to get ahead of him for the first goal. To then see him (plus Loovens and Hunt) ambling back as Waghorn headed it in unmarked from 6 yards was mildly infuriating.

Hopefully, that display was a one off, a bad day at the office...but there were things about Lees demeanour which concerned me. He's not the only one tbh. Looking at the players, it feels that only Reach, Bannan and perhaps one or two others are giving their absolute all.

Edited by SiJ