Tom Lees

10 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Very poor game.

Very good player.

Has saved us on many occasions thus season. Show him some support.

8 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

This is a very poor thread and an attack on one of our better players, he had a stinker tonight and all players can go through indifferent spells. Way off the mark some of these comments.

Totally agree. Same could and should be said for most, if not all, of the players in this rough patch.

I genuinely don't see a single one of them not giving a crap or not willing to put a shift in. So often a criticism at rival clubs, but very rarely here in recent years.

It's not been good enough but I'm still well behind them, can't be arsed with those that aren't.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, toppOwl said:

This is a very poor thread and an attack on one of our better players, he had a stinker tonight and all players can go through indifferent spells. Way off the mark some of these comments.

Wasn’t slating him as a player - just thought he was below his usual good self last night. Think over the last few seasons he’s been one of our most consistent players and has played a massive part in the number of clean sheets we’ve accumulated during that period. Worryingly as a group we are conceding far too many and this is something that needs rectifying if we are to make the playoffs. We shouldn’t score two goals away from home and not win the game. Both of their goals should and could have been avoided. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

6 hours ago, daftpenguin said:

So important that you had to post it wrong twice, considering the phrase is 'get shot of him'.

So you knew what I meant. Hang on, let me check to see if I have that phase right. Can you elaborate, are you slating the phrase and/or the content. Lets get that that right first, shall we.

6 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

That is not only demonstrably incorrect, it's wrong by almost the entire width of the league. Regardless of our attacking threat, we've consistently had one of the stingiest defences in the Championship for the entirety of CC's tenure. No more or less than a simple fact.

Granted they've been slightly wobblier this season than in the previous two, but c'mon man.

Look at Bristol City centre backs, no nonsense and had all our forwards in their pockets. When was the last time we could say that about our defending. We are fortunate to have one of the better keepers who is making our defenders look better than they really are. Take Westwood out and I think you might see what I'm talking about.  Neither full backs can get it down the line without it being intercepted by an opponent, both centre backs tip tapping the ball square and maybe just maybe on the odd occasion they go forward with it. If this is progressive football then..........fine I'll admit that I'm wrong. Also how many goals have  we scored that have come from defensive set pieces. We use to score quite a few, not many now. What would you put that down to. 

7 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

I haven't seen the game today so won't comment on the performance, but I've seen enough this season to know that he's still a quality CB. It's not his ability that's the problem, it's that he has the heart of a mouse, and he always has. I know that may come across as harsh, but he has over 200 Championship appearances and approaching his late 20's and he still needs babysitting by Loovens. He's no captain, never has been.

He is Premier League quality (not England international quality though :biggrin:), but him playing there will be entirely reliant on him sorting his head out. 

Never been prem quality not good enough on ball

1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

The whole team look confused, frustrated, and lacking faith in Carlos's approach.

He's losing the squad week on week.

A good manager would send his team out ready and organised. Time and time again our lot look like they have never met each other before. Lees was awful and posters shouldnt kid themselves he is anything better than an average centre half. We also have other players playing in areas where they shouldnt really be i.e. the strikers dropping too deep which is down to a poor midfield.

Edited by Ronnie Starling

Guest Hillsborough Mole

Lees can't wait for his contract to be up - him and Carlos have barely spoken since last season when Carlos insisted on bringing him back into the team when he wasnt fit.

Absolutely no love lost there

1 hour ago, CLswfc said:

So you knew what I meant. Hang on, let me check to see if I have that phase right. Can you elaborate, are you slating the phrase and/or the content. Lets get that that right first, shall we.

Both. This "can see why Leeds got rid" attitude is revisionist nonsense and reeks of desperation to be able to say "told you so" m, as if when he was part of the defence that kept the most clean sheets in the club's history it was somehow clear that he might have a couple of bad games two years later. Yes, he's been bad lately. No, that doesn't mean he's suddenly always been poor. 

1 hour ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Lees can't wait for his contract to be up - him and Carlos have barely spoken since last season when Carlos insisted on bringing him back into the team when he wasnt fit.

Absolutely no love lost there

Interesting.

Explains his dramatic deterioration.

Guest Willow Owl

Some people really need to think before they post utter tripe. Tom Lees has been part of the best defence we have had  for years. Agreed not in his best form, but which player is?  let's not crucify the guy. 

Get rid, not good enough, can't pass, Leeds new best, is this what he deserves? 

Opinions fine, but some of the posts are absolute S..t

Another scapegoat!!!!!