We've seen enough

13 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

Ha! I dunno, I guess the same grumble thread ad infinitum day after day after day from the same people is (fractionally) even more boring to me than the endless Lees-Loovens 1-2s.

I agree it's tedious reading the same stuff on here but it's true..

Fans can see it a mile off and it was the same last season.

It's getting beyond laughable that he's still here.

42 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

Mental. That was a very decent point we just earned. Tell me the last time we ripped a MM team to bits.

The noise on here.

We stole a point we never deserved tonight. We were truly awful from start to finish . we deserved nothing , but got lucky. 

3 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

I agree it's tedious reading the same stuff on here but it's true..

Fans can see it a mile off and it was the same last season.

It's getting beyond laughable that he's still here.

I can totally see that argument, I'm not blindly clapping. I just honestly don't believe a new gaffer would make an immediate difference right now. I'm looking at the heart and the nuts and wondering why we're second to everything, and not making runs. To me it's more psychological than tactical, and I'm just not sure CC is the main source.

7 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

We stole a point we never deserved tonight. We were truly awful from start to finish . we deserved nothing , but got lucky. 

Oh I agree. I'm talking purely in results terms. Wouldn't have 'taken' a point beforehand but I wouldn't think it a poor result either. Still don't.

Performance was uninspiring to say the least, I totally admit that. Where has the flow and the swagger gone, and why? I don't think it can all be CC, we had it under him and we still show it sometimes. It's bizarre.

Edited by Mr. Tom

3 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

I can totally see that argument, I'm not blindly clapping. I just honestly don't believe a new gaffer would make an immediate difference right now. I'm looking at the heart and the nuts and wondering why we're second to everything, and not making runs. To me it's more psychological than tactical, and I'm just not sure CC is the main source.

You only have to look across the city to see how a manager can psychologically get to the players.

He has to be the source. It's not just matchdays, what do we work on all week? why do the players 9 times out of 10 start games

like they are stuck in concrete..

I think a new manager, if we got a good one, would make a huge difference to this squad.

6 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

You’re right. Ipswich were extremely poor when it came to keeping posession. Gave it back to us far too easily (thankfully). Any decent team would have closed it down and not let us back in. Still a point’s a point. Couple of easy ones up next so Carlos should be safe until we play Wolves and Boro!

3 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

You only have to look across the city to see how a manager can psychologically get to the players.

He has to be the source. It's not just matchdays, what do we work on all week? why do the players 9 times out of 10 start games

like they are stuck in concrete..

I think a new manager, if we got a good one, would make a huge difference to this squad.

Cant argue with you that it might, obviously! I just don't see it. I'm going mainly on gut feeling, I do admit. We need a couple more proper lions WAY more than we need a new coach IMO, but I do get the other view too.

The players arent motivated, i would be the same if I had to listen to the drivel that comes out of Carlos mouth every day.

DC won't do anything. The minute he got rid of the steering group / panel / whatever they were, he shot the club in the foot. Experienced English football buffs giving me advice on something i know nothing about? Nah sounds like a terrible idea that. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Tom said:

Yeah that was my point. I don't know what else people expected against MM's Ipswich.

I expect my team to "TRY" and win every game, not to turn up to bore the A R S E off fans by trying not to lose. 

4 hours ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Carlos should have gone a while ago. We're so far off being a genuine promotion challenger it's incredible. 

Not all down to him though. We have some good players who are putting in way too many below par performances. Some of them tonight should be ashamed. 

Carlos needs to go, it’s obvious to anybody with an ounce of intelligence . Having said that , some of  the performances from certain individuals are not acceptable . Fox was poor , hunt looked disinterested . Lees had a nightmare . Wallace isn’t up to the job and the strikers were utter rubbish . 

I wouldn’t want to play for Carlos , but for the amount they earn , they should be putting a shift in. It’s time they all stopped blaming the refs and especially the fans , pulled their fingers out and started playing like a team that’s worthy of astronomical admission prices 

This season reminds me of last season where players who were top drawer when we reached the play-off final the season before dropped off form and Hutchinson dragged the team kicking and screaming in that first half of the season, very much like Bannan is this.

The difference this season though is there are a lot of players who seem bereft of confidence and belief and perhaps two play-off failures have drained the confidence and desire out of them and Carlos?

Only Hooper and perhaps Fox apart from Bannan when played have been anything like the standard we have come to expect.

I think Carlos’ stubbornness to prove we weren’t taken for a ride by Middlesbrough is costing us in particular. Rhodes I’m afraid is a shadow of the player he once was and well you know my feelings on Reach. He’s a trier but as far as genuine quality is concerned, it’s just not there. Fans slag off Wallace for being ineffective but Reach is just as culpable perhaps even more so?

I think we’re stuck with Carlos for the foreseeable future and if he doesn’t try something more purposeful then the relationship between him and the fans is going to completely break down and the atmosphere may turn nasty which none of us want but to avoid this either Carlos has to change his philosophy or the Chairman needs to do something that he obviously doesn’t want to do. 

Frustrating times, I’m afraid :duntmatter:

Edited by Great Big Galaa

The most annoying thing is that we can play with pace and tempo, our players can pass the ball quickly to feet, they can control it and look for a forward ball, they can close other teams down quickly and hunt in packs and put pressure on others.......the thing is they arent. 

How many times last night did we lose the ball cheaply or a pass was not accurate enough so the receiving player has to adjust and we lose any forward momentum, how many crosses hit the 1st man.

We don't have a player who can beat a man. Sometimes Bannan goes on a run but generally not one of our players can successully beat a man and make space.

Edited by Carl Shutt is God