I can't believe what I just read!!!!

15 minutes ago, chazzyowl said:

Why post your views on an article and not post the source? 

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-we-re-better-off-away-from-home-says-owls-star-1-8866245

“We will be looking to play similar to how we did at Villa and hit teams on the counter attack and be difficult to play through.

“We kind of played that way against Bristol City and it wasn’t one for the fans to watch. But we had to do that as Bristol are in good form and playing some good stuff. We couldn’t open up too much and get caught.

“They are fourth and they are flying. They are full of confidence and you could tell that on the pitch. They were well-organised and I think they could be up there at the end of the season.”

Where does it say we were afraid of Bristol? A fair point from Wallace, we didn't get the result we were after but from what I saw on the pitch two well matched sides that nullified each other in the final third. 

Counter attack. Nuff said 

Bla bla bla 

as soon as we start thinking like a top club, and behaving like a top club, we can start to play like a top club and then perform like a top club 

at at the moment we are behaving like a scared club splashing around in a millionaires playground.

we have everything we need to start taking this division by storm without having to buy anyone.

its about time we started acting like it.

it seems Carlos and this squad is hampered by expectation there’s nothing big about that 

9 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Bla bla bla 

as soon as we start thinking like a top club, and behaving like a top club, we can start to play like a top club and then perform like a top club 

at at the moment we are behaving like a scared club splashing around in a millionaires playground.

we have everything we need to start taking this division by storm without having to buy anyone.

its about time we started acting like it.

it seems Carlos and this squad is hampered by expectation there’s nothing big about that 

Well said

41 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

Bristol City FFS. 

They've invested heavily recently.

Nathan Baker - CB - 4.5m - Aston Villa

Diedhiou - CF - 6m - Amiens

Eliasson - LW - 2m 

Leko - Loan - West Brom

Magnusson - CB - 2m - Juventus

Djuric - Cesena - 2m

Moore - Lens - 2m 

Engvall - Gothenberg - 1.6m 

O'Dowda - Oxford - 1.2m 

But yeah, Bristol City....How dare they

• Like 1

Get real . We dont have the players or quality to ' take the division by storm '.

Westwood

Hunt

Lee

Bannan

Hooper

Lees

Hutchinson

Forestieri

They are the ones with the quality we need .The rest are either bang average or too old to threaten the division .

1 hour ago, owlsdreamer said:

Saying that just goes to show how much people will lower their standards to suit the situation we are in.

Looked at their t team on the scoreboard.

Didn't recognise hardly anyone apart from Flint.

Says it all.

All that says is that you know very little about Championship teams or the players they employ! 

54 minutes ago, Muffinman said:

How dare you post facts, Spoils the bedwetters chances to moan. Oh no, I am wrong, nothing stops them moaning. And bedwetting.

If you are going to post "facts" make sure they are correct. Diedhiou wasn't £6m 

2 hours ago, owlmanc said:

We are Sheffield Wednesday, we are at home, we have a multimillion pound squad, we are fighting for promotion (according to chairman and manager)....we should not be fearing ANYONE. having NO shots on goal at home is inexcusable. 

Best post I’ve seen on here in ages !

Unfortunatly were are the opposite of all points on it ! And yes we may have a multi million pound squad but watching them you wouldn’t think so 

3 hours ago, owlmanc said:

We are Sheffield Wednesday, we are at home, we have a multimillion pound squad, we are fighting for promotion (according to chairman and manager)....we should not be fearing ANYONE. having NO shots on goal at home is inexcusable. 

I really wish many of us would stop referring to our 'multimillion pound squad' as though because we have spent some money we now have an automatic right to success. I also think you will find there are a lot of clubs in the Championship that have a 'multimillion pound squad' including Sunderland.

10 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Best post I’ve seen on here in ages !

Unfortunatly were are the opposite of all points on it ! And yes we may have a multi million pound squad but watching them you wouldn’t think so 

Sssshhhhh Muffin brain thinks it wer a Reyt performance. 

3 hours ago, jfr142 said:

It's appauling. Yes they are doing well. But we should be starting their downturn with a pasting. As we should have the blades. And would have if we put in a season one performance.

This season one nonsense is getting a bit dull. Is our season one was akin to uniteds season one, then I’d agree, but people have a semi distorted view to just how good we were.

20 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

I really wish many of us would stop referring to our 'multimillion pound squad' as though because we have spent some money we now have an automatic right to success. I also think you will find there are a lot of clubs in the Championship that have a 'multimillion pound squad' including Sunderland.

I wasn't saying it in the respect of success. I was saying we have enough quality player not to be scared of playing at home to Bristol 

14 minutes ago, mark1982 said:

This season one nonsense is getting a bit dull. Is our season one was akin to uniteds season one, then I’d agree, but people have a semi distorted view to just how good we were.

Agree put in some poor performances that season MK Dons and Charlton away spring to mind 

3 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

They're 4th

Won 4 in a row, scored 4 against Crystal Palace and beat Stoke and Watford this season.

Beat Sunderland, Fulham, Reading, Ipswich all away.

Scored 3 goals away at leaders Wolves.

Bristol City and if such a notable pundit as JFR142 says they're shybo who we should be beating 6-0 that's good enough for me. In a dour game we didn't deserve to win, we were deprived by the refs appalling decision. Had that happened we wouldn't be having this discussion.  

Just now, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Bristol City and if such a notable pundit as JFR142 says they're shybo who we should be beating 6-0 that's good enough for me. In a dour game we didn't deserve to win, we were deprived by the refs appalling decision. Had that happened we wouldn't be having this discussion.  

A straw well grasped. Bravo :ghoulguy:

I must remark on the most telling part of his interview - "I think our style is more suited to playing away from home". I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't read it myself. He intimates that we have only "one style" and we have to play it regardless - i.e there is no plan B. We do not adapt to our opponents style of play - straight from the horses mouth. The club is farcical at the moment, both on and off the field.

Looks like we're in for a similar load of boring, unadventurous crap at the remaining home games - just watch the attendances decline. As someone said earlier - just 7 attempts at goal and NONE on target is unforgivable in a home match, no matter who you're playing.

4 hours ago, Miffed said:

Im seriously starting to wonder whether Carlos just does not believe in, or trust, his defence.... its a simple as that. Both Reach and Fox were playing at left back on Saturday and with Bannan playing so deep covering the centre backs we may as well have been playing with a back six.

We have the players capable of scoring goals, but Carlos wont take the shackles off to allow them to go at teams because he is too concerned about the opposition and our defence. The same defensive issues which have been the problem for the last 3 seasons and have not been addressed.

Lets faceit, although everyone wanted Loovens back he has been more than suspect and seems to think passing sideways is showing intent. At least Van Aken, for all his immaturity and faults, knows how to pass a ball forward. Even when we had goal kicks Loovens was stood on the edge of the penalty area wanting the ball, just to pass it sideways and then back to Westwood.