I can't believe what I just read!!!!

4 hours ago, owlmanc said:

We are Sheffield Wednesday, we are at home, we have a multimillion pound squad, we are fighting for promotion (according to chairman and manager)....we should not be fearing ANYONE. having NO shots on goal at home is inexcusable. 

Absolutely spot on mate  

Bristol weren't far off being as bad as we were, which makes the choice to essentially play for a point and hope to nick one even more baffling.  They're only 4th due to the incredibly poor nature of the league this season, not because they're world-beaters.

We've got to start being more aggressive in our tempo and outlook, especially at home, if we're serious about promotion (like Carlos keeps saying) and catching these teams above us.  Unless the plan is to just limp into 6th somehow in the last few week or so, but that's incredibly risky.  Saturday's approach was an absolute shambles.  And you only had to spend a few minutes watching the body language of the attackers on Saturday (there wasn't much else to watch) to see that they looked pretty fed up of it all too.

4 minutes ago, blueandwhitematt said:

Bristol weren't far off being as bad as we were, which makes the choice to essentially play for a point and hope to nick one even more baffling.  They're only 4th due to the incredibly poor nature of the league this season, not because they're world-beaters.

We've got to start being more aggressive in our tempo and outlook, especially at home, if we're serious about promotion (like Carlos keeps saying) and catching these teams above us.  Unless the plan is to just limp into 6th somehow in the last few week or so, but that's incredibly risky.  Saturday's approach was an absolute shambles.  And you only had to spend a few minutes watching the body language of the attackers on Saturday (there wasn't much else to watch) to see that they looked pretty fed up of it all too.

Agree. Bristol were poor, but we were worse and it is a poor league this season. We played like were were trying to avoid relegation. We didn't even look as though we were trying to win the match. It's been like this for 18 months. It isn't football, well, not what I want to watch. Unfortunately I've got a 3 year season ticket, but shall be missing more than I watch at this rate.

5 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

They're 4th

Won 4 in a row, scored 4 against Crystal Palace and beat Stoke and Watford this season.

Beat Sunderland, Fulham, Reading, Ipswich all away.

Scored 3 goals away at leaders Wolves.

And I still maintain they were bang average, which makes the fact they are 4th all the more annoying.

Wolves are the only good team in this division, everyone else is either average or crap! 

8 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

They're 4th

Won 4 in a row, scored 4 against Crystal Palace and beat Stoke and Watford this season.

Do you think the pigs would have approached the game like they were scared?

11 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

They've invested heavily recently.

Nathan Baker - CB - 4.5m - Aston Villa

Diedhiou - CF - 6m - Amiens

Eliasson - LW - 2m 

Leko - Loan - West Brom

Magnusson - CB - 2m - Juventus

Djuric - Cesena - 2m

Moore - Lens - 2m 

Engvall - Gothenberg - 1.6m 

O'Dowda - Oxford - 1.2m 

But yeah, Bristol City....How dare they

That list really makes you realise just how fecking atrocious our recruitment has been 

Guest addedtime
15 hours ago, owlsdreamer said:

Saying that just goes to show how much people will lower their standards to suit the situation we are in.

Looked at their t team on the scoreboard.

Didn't recognise hardly anyone apart from Flint.

Says it all.

I hardly recognized any of the Blades squad as well. How did that turn out?

8 hours ago, rickygoo said:

Do you think the pigs would have approached the game like they were scared?

It was the worst performance I've seen from us.

I was just searching for reasons and I've come to the conclusion, they'll be a top side this season. 

When they sold Jonathan Kodija to Villa for nearly 15m and nearly 4m for Tomlin, it kick started a spending spree, they've bought some very talented youngsters

23 hours ago, 2hoots said:

I must remark on the most telling part of his interview - "I think our style is more suited to playing away from home". I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't read it myself. He intimates that we have only "one style" and we have to play it regardless - i.e there is no plan B. We do not adapt to our opponents style of play - straight from the horses mouth. The club is farcical at the moment, both on and off the field.

Looks like we're in for a similar load of boring, unadventurous crap at the remaining home games - just watch the attendances decline. As someone said earlier - just 7 attempts at goal and NONE on target is unforgivable in a home match, no matter who you're playing.

I don't necessarily disagree with you but, if I remember correctly, Huddersfield had quite a few games last season with that number of attempts.

On 20/11/2017 at 16:42, Maxine said:

Carlos said we are getting promoted this season so why are we afraid of anyone.

The OP is providing his own interpretation of an article in our local rag. It’s merely one interpretation of many. I for one did not read it in the same way. For me, there is a MASSIVE difference between setting ourselves up to combat the opponents strengths (when not in possession) and being afraid. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

On 20/11/2017 at 16:15, jfr142 said:

Basically Ross  Wallace was put up for Star interview as the voice of the squad.

And correct me if I'm wrong but he as good as said we where afraid of Bristol city, hence the turgid, defensive performance.

What next, park the bus when Bolton come to Hillsborough. We are loosing the plot guys

Chansiri, sort it out. Amateur.

Dear oh dear!!!!!!!!!

IDShot_540x540.jpg ????

3 hours ago, AwokenGiant said:

The OP is providing his own interpretation of an article in our local rag. It’s merely one interpretation of many. I for one did not read it in the same way. For me, there is a MASSIVE difference between setting ourselves up to combat the opponents strengths (when not in possession) and being afraid. 

I agree with OP.

On 11/20/2017 at 17:15, jfr142 said:

Basically Ross  Wallace was put up for Star interview as the voice of the squad.

And correct me if I'm wrong but he as good as said we where afraid of Bristol city, hence the turgid, defensive performance.

What next, park the bus when Bolton come to Hillsborough. We are loosing the plot guys

Chansiri, sort it out. Amateur.

Dear oh dear!!!!!!!!!

Boaring Piggy!

IMG_2010.JPG

On 20/11/2017 at 16:21, bigash_swfc said:

They're 4th

Oh well in that case then it makes it a very good point even better with no shots on target.

In fact, heck, we should have lost against the mighty Bristol City ....

flip me :duntmatter:

On 20/11/2017 at 16:39, Miffed said:

Im seriously starting to wonder whether Carlos just does not believe in, or trust, his defence.... its a simple as that. Both Reach and Fox were playing at left back on Saturday and with Bannan playing so deep covering the centre backs we may as well have been playing with a back six.

We have the players capable of scoring goals, but Carlos wont take the shackles off to allow them to go at teams because he is too concerned about the opposition and our defence. The same defensive issues which have been the problem for the last 3 seasons and have not been addressed.

Its not the defence he doesn't trust, its just that he likes to play it very compact, keep it nice and tight and reduce the other team from scoring and hope that we can grab a goal and see out a 1-0 win ... proper boring!

On 20/11/2017 at 17:48, alan48 said:

Get real . We dont have the players or quality to ' take the division by storm '.

Westwood

Hunt

Lee

Bannan

Hooper

Lees

Hutchinson

Forestieri

They are the ones with the quality we need .The rest are either bang average or too old to threaten the division .

Get real back at you 

huddersfield was promoted last year and sheff United, Bristol city are making us look like a joke 

whys that?

because they have belief and attitude you put that in our squad and tell me again why we can’t take this division by storm 

from the first season we have added more quality and depth to our squad and most of our players  remain the same from that season 

only thing we’ve lost is the style of play how we set up the confidence and that’s to do with the attitude to how we approach things