Wednesday’s best ever goal..

33 minutes ago, Bramhall Owl said:

Yep, great goal befitting the occasion...13.17 in on the attached

What a great watch that was, remembered nearly every minute, a great day indeed.  Also remember the ref from that era, was he a bit of a plank?

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

5 hours ago, watty said:

Some absolute belters mentioned already , Harkes , di Piedi times 2 ,  any goal against the pigs , but one that always sticks out in my mind was Gary Shelton's at Newcastle , fantastic goal right in front of thousands of Wednesdayites and it certainly peed off the Geordie's , happy days .

I remember that Watty. Back in the days when the Gollowgate stand was uncovered at St James Park, we were being pelted by coins from the Geordies throughout the match, me and my mates were about 14 so spend half our time picking the money up (probably got about £2 so wasn't really worth it!).

9 minutes ago, ramone said:

Are you able to describe it? 

Was it the one where he dummies to shoot with his left foot and takes out the defender and keeper and then just rolls it into the empty net with his right foot - great goal.

I was on the South that day.

1 minute ago, ka58 said:

Was it the one where he dummies to shoot with his left foot and takes out the defender and keeper and then just rolls it into the empty net with his right foot - great goal.

Not sure. I was wondering whether he might have got mixed up with the free kick he scored against Luton where he flicked it up for himself... 

I remember this one when we were in the cup I think we lost something like 7-2 on aggregate but the second one from Beni was special. though my favourite will always be for Chrissy Waddle vs them Blades at Wembley.

Best none Owl at Hillsborough was by Sukar vs Schmichael, I was above the goal for this and it was a peach, Schmichael up for a corner, Suker tracked all the way then chip him to mm perfect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f27qcJLokQ

57 minutes ago, ka58 said:

That's the one.