Wednesday’s best ever goal..

21 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Sheridan v pigs in the Zenith cup late 80’s. Ran towards kop end, beating all tackles and then curled one in the top corner

Carbone overhead at Newcastle. If that had been Bergkamp they would still be talking about it

Loved that goal, but no one tackled Sheridan, they just backed away in sheer terror. Masterclass finish as well

Currans at BL will take some beating. Big match, going for promotion, local rivals, big crowd, great atmosphere, 1-0 down, on the telly (unusual in those days).   Brilliant technique, totally unexpected, and right in front of the Wednesday hordes (except me, I was on their kop!).

3 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

Currans at BL will take some beating. Big match, going for promotion, local rivals, big crowd, great atmosphere, 1-0 down, on the telly (unusual in those days).   Brilliant technique, totally unexpected, and right in front of the Wednesday hordes (except me, I was on their kop!).

great great goal 

Probs not technically the best..but Mellors diving header that more or less got us up away at Blackburn...I went ape..I banged me head on a crash barrier..got a bit dizzy, but still held the realisation of what the goal meant...I sorta staggered about for ages...then had a headache all the way home, then realised why I had the headache..then remembered the goal and what it meant again...then the headache started again................

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Baldrick said:

Sheridan v pigs in the Zenith cup late 80’s. Ran towards kop end, beating all tackles and then curled one in the top corner

Carbone overhead at Newcastle. If that had been Bergkamp they would still be talking about it

Any goal against United is a 'great' goal but, this particular one is probably the easiest goal Sheridan or anyone for that matter has ever scored, ...he ran half the length of the pitch without a single defender offering a challenge, right into the box where a half hearted attempt at a tackle was put in, in short, the worst defending I've ever seen in professional football & probably amongst the worst I've seen even in park football, non existent you might call it.....still, against them, it's still a great goal.

28 minutes ago, Tudders said:

I liked the goal Hirst scored against Man Utd at Hillsborough in 1987 when he smashed it in from an acute angle and it rattled the stantion lol

What a goal , what a player no wonder the mancs wanted to buy him .