Wednesday’s best ever goal..

The one that took my breath away the most live at a football match was scored by a certain American against one of England's great goalkeepers from the other end of the pitch!!

Put it this way, my shins have never been so bruised.

• Like 2

Waddle at Wembley is a good place to start....Curran at the Lane....Tudgay at the Lane....Mellor at Hillsborough, is there a theme developing here.

So many good ones, Zico's strike against Arsenal but one of my favourites is a goal Peter Eustace scored at the Kop end  in 1900 & I've forgot...he picked up the ball on the edge of the area, calmly looked up & picked his spot in the top right hand corner, perfect placement....if it had been against United it would be even better.

Some absolute belters mentioned already , Harkes , di Piedi times 2 ,  any goal against the pigs , but one that always sticks out in my mind was Gary Shelton's at Newcastle , fantastic goal right in front of thousands of Wednesdayites and it certainly peed off the Geordie's , happy days .

11 minutes ago, watty said:

Some absolute belters mentioned already , Harkes , di Piedi times 2 ,  any goal against the pigs , but one that always sticks out in my mind was Gary Shelton's at Newcastle , fantastic goal right in front of thousands of Wednesdayites and it certainly peed off the Geordie's , happy days .

Kieran Lee 96th minute v Toy Town deserves a mention. lol

I can remember , and love, all of the mentioned goals, particularly the Wilson v Chelsea and the Harkes v Derby goals

I also enjoyed watching Curran dribble from the corner flag a bang one in against the pigs, Dalian Atkinson stuck away some good efforts.

Thought Adam's goal against Villa was pretty special !!

Sheridan at Wembley

one of my favourites was Di Canio scoring against the dingles in injury time, taking the ball round the keeper. The whole place went crazy. 

Or 

Drew Talbots goal in the playoff final was pretty special. 

Edited by David1867

6 hours ago, Pulsar said:

The one that took my breath away the most live at a football match was scored by a certain American against one of England's great goalkeepers from the other end of the pitch!!

Put it this way, my shins have never been so bruised.

Yup in the cup against a very good Derby side back in the day, definitely for me. 

Or maybe the Brazilian free kick where they used to roll the ball back to Sheridan and he used to flick it up and spank a dipping half volley into the top corner, saw that one work a few times.