Carlos about not being able to play George Hirst "Sometimes modern football is a disaster"

9 minutes ago, Markowski77 said:

Nail on the head, the kid needs a look at himself 

if he was that good, Chelsea, city, arsenal, Man Utd and a few foreign clubs would be looking at him 

the kid needs to show he is willing to play and can play in the first team without moaning and complaining, sign the contract and do the business. 

Exactly, the likes of Chelsea, Man City, etc. have had a look and walked away not understanding the fuss. I think him and his advisors value him a lot higher than others. YES, George Hirst has ability but he's NO Tabby Abraham and thus, we shouldn't be held to ransom!

Edited by AwokenGiant

Guest kelliesleftnut
8 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

You can talk about George Hirst all day long, wrap yourself round in knots about who what why and when but the FACTS are he isn’t playing football for the U23’s because between him and his ‘advisors’ he refuses to sign a contract , and the reason he refuses to sign that contract is he wants more money or a guarantee of playing time (which no player should ever have) 

My message to the kid would be have a look down ur shorts and find ur own pair of balls , take a firm grip and ask yourself wether you want to be playing football or sat about letting others make decisions for you 

No doubt he is wanting more money and rightly so.

Maybe he wants to be involved with the first team, would you think he would be happy to keep turning out for the u23's ?

Maybe he wants to be informed of any bids that come in for him over a certain amount.

Maybe he wants £?? for each goal he scores.

I know as much as most on here, feck all, but some seem to take pleasure in slating the kid.

1 hour ago, AwokenGiant said:

If so, why has he refused to let him play? 

I can only guess .......but i'm pretty sure hirst hasn't refused to play like you inferred ,if he did he would be suspended and that's not happened ........neither party have done anything wrong and don't really see what all the fuss is about .lots of players run down there contracts as is there right .......the club don't see the point in developing a player in the dev squad who isn't going to be here much longer  to the detriment of someone else is how I read the situation . 

Surley it better the lad plays football,theres a lot of politics going on around young Hirst,understandable with him scoring regular at international level,no doubt the club would like to keep him,and have made him an offer,which they say is pretty generous given that the lad is still young and of course ambitious.

The reality is he could go out next week and get tackled by some Ian Bennett and his career is done before its even started,so who would pick up his medical balls and support his rehabilitation?

For me hes done well here and progressed,not sure how far off the 1st XI he is,but Id like to see him sign up and progress here,where he started rather than dissapear to some prem club for a better wage and the odd appearance on the bench.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

He's played twice for the first team and looked totally outbof his depth even against Cambridge.  I'm not saying he isn't a good player, his goals obviously show he is.  The facts are that he isn't good enough YET for the first team and he now has the blog on.  Wednesday are doing nothing wrong in my opinion.  If he won't sign, why develop him??  Get rid to the highest bidder in January.

8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

59f1d2b7f2304_ScreenShot2017-10-26at13_17_25.thumb.jpg.128f0b95dd5356cdfd818cac2952eb05.jpg

The Sheffield Wednesday manager Carlos Carvalhal today explained the situation around George Hirst not featuring in the first team, explaining it's a contractual matter that's stopping anything happening, and that is out of Carlos' remit and control

"I dunno about this situation It's out of my orbit with contracts. I'm not inside this situation"

When asked if it was frustrating that such a talent existed at the club that he wasn't able to access due the contractual side of the club Carlos explained "It's not frustrating because it's not a player that's involved with us. I'm not a person to do contracts and it's completely out of my orbit and out of my hands"

"He's not working with us. I can't talk too much about it as I'm not involved in any of the contract stuff"

Carlos went onto explain "It's modern football. This is a situation of that. Sometimes modern is a disaster"

Pathetic ...

Makes me so laugh, some kids would give their right arm to be in his position  I E being offered a contract , that said if it's him , his dad or bleeding Doyen they are being stupid , interfering with the kids progress is a bit over the top ,people will look and see what is happening and possibly think is the hassle worth it ,in other words whoever is calling the shots you may be playing a part  ruining the kids chances as a footballer

Edited by trevdi9

If his Advisors are him are so confident in his ability I would hope that they would accept a heavily incentivised contract. 

I understand and that he has scored heavily at youth level, he needs to step up and play against men at a league 1 or 2 level which will be the measure of where he is at. 

The odds of football suggest that he is more likely the next Jordan Slew than the next David Hirst, his Advisor understand that which is why they want the high base wages when at this stage of his career he needs to be showing he is worth it by playing games. 

He he needs to look at how much his mate Brookes’ stock has risen by playing matches rather than playing games. 

Edited by terrycurran
  • Like 1

Hirsty 's just displaying the same character Carlos showed when telling the world - prior to an improved contract - EPL clubs wanted him.

Not surprised, as they share the same agents.

Plus, I wouldn't take advice off his Dad who, if he'd had same discipline as Shearer, would also have had a brilliant career. 

All very, very unsavoury. 

38 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Hirsty 's just displaying the same character Carlos showed when telling the world - prior to an improved contract - EPL clubs wanted him.

Not surprised, as they share the same agents.

Plus, I wouldn't take advice off his Dad who, if he'd had same discipline as Shearer, would also have had a brilliant career. 

All very, very unsavoury. 

No he isn't, Carlos didn't hold the club to ransom and he talked about EFL clubs after he'd signed for us. 

You'd be more inclined to think a deal could be reached then. 

To be fair to Hirst Snr, a bad injury playing for us jolted his career so, I think it's unfair to make that comparison. 

I agree with this. 

7 hours ago, trevdi9 said:

Makes me so laugh, some kids would give their right arm to be in his position  I E being offered a contract , that said if it's him , his dad or bleeding Doyen they are being stupid , interfering with the kids progress is a bit over the top ,people will look and see what is happening and possibly think is the hassle worth it ,in other words whoever is calling the shots you may be playing a part  ruining the kids chances as a footballer

Spot on mate.

14 hours ago, Markowski77 said:

Such a sad case, why can't footballers prove a name for the,selves first in the first team before going for the big bucks.

ill never forget Danny cadamateri scoring 2 for Everton against wednesday in the late 90's and saying that kid is some prospect. 

As as it turned out all he wanted was money at the time and not bothered about his future career and development, and before you know it all that promise went down the pan proberbly cos he had a greedy agent and not a brain cell for himself 

If you have a manage that would rather player a striker who has not scored for two years instead of giving youth a chance how can he prove himself to the club to get a contract, the petty boys at Hillsborough have even stopped him from playing for the youth teams.

Personally i can only see this going one way yet another hot prospect disappearing for nothing, because we have such inept people handling contracts and youth development.

14 hours ago, Markowski77 said:

Nail on the head, the kid needs a look at himself 

if he was that good, Chelsea, city, arsenal, Man Utd and a few foreign clubs would be looking at him 

the kid needs to show he is willing to play and can play in the first team without moaning and complaining, sign the contract and do the business. 

How can he play when the club are the ones preventing him, no first team chance they have told the youth coaches not to pick him.

I hate to say it but this is either DC or CC throwing their toys out of the pram, or Doyen playing both side.

Why it is not illegal for Agents to have this sort of power of football clubs i have no idea.

4 hours ago, terrycurran said:

If his Advisors are him are so confident in his ability I would hope that they would accept a heavily incentivised contract. 

I understand and that he has scored heavily at youth level, he needs to step up and play against men at a league 1 or 2 level which will be the measure of where he is at. 

The odds of football suggest that he is more likely the next Jordan Slew than the next David Hirst, his Advisor understand that which is why they want the high base wages when at this stage of his career he needs to be showing he is worth it by playing games. 

He he needs to look at how much his mate Brookes’ stock has risen by playing matches rather than playing games. 

Would that be the same Brookes that was given first team games before he committed himself to the club or do united have another Brookes.

This mess yet again is firmly of the clubs making.

Why did we not say to GH go out on loan to Rotherham/Chessy till January then if you prove yourself you would get a better/longer deal and first team opportunity. Instead DC & CC spit their dummies out and yet another talent lost to someone else.

Their management of players and the over sizes, over age squad is truly an embarrassment to the club. CC only play 14 - 16 players for 90% of the season so why does he need a squad of 35+ players.

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

How can he play when the club are the ones preventing him, no first team chance they have told the youth coaches not to pick him.

I hate to say it but this is either DC or CC throwing their toys out of the pram, or Doyen playing both side.

Why it is not illegal for Agents to have this sort of power of football clubs i have no idea.

Sorry I meant by signing a new contract and showing us he can do the business, get his head down and his chance would eventually come

the kid will have been offered a decent contract I am sure, with incentives, add ons and various other things

we can’t go making an 18/19 year old kid who has looked out of his depth in his previous 2 appearances in the first team, earning on par with some of the first team.  

That would be a recipe for disaster and what does that tell every other youngster in our dev squad and also, even if he was earning more than some of our established first team it would cause disharmony and also a target for us to be exploited more so by agents, and potential incoming players

yes we would all love to see GH were the number 9 shirt for Wednesday,

but we shouldn’t allow a kid to hold us to ransom, if he bleeds blue and white like us, he should sign it, knuckle down and try and regain some respect within the club

2 hours ago, LiamAP22D said:

Spot on mate.

If Doyen are so bad why do the club still keep using them maybe DC needs to grow a backbone and get rid of some of the dross advisers that keep putting him and the club second to what appears to be screwing the club over for as much as possible.