Carlos about not being able to play George Hirst "Sometimes modern football is a disaster"

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

If Doyen are so bad why do the club still keep using them maybe DC needs to grow a backbone and get rid of some of the dross advisers that keep putting him and the club second to what appears to be screwing the club over for as much as possible.

I'd say if we get a few million for a lad that might not even make it....that's a good deal for the club.

Not great for youngsters at Wednesday. We finally start getting a decent academy together and then we have a manager who doesn't believe in giving them a chance. How has Matt Penney not been given 10/15 here and there to aid his development, same with Hirst. 

3-0 up against Leeds would have been perfect to bring one on. 

What is going on at Wednesday. Not pleasing at all. 

Just now, Markowski77 said:

Sorry I meant by signing a new contract and showing us he can do the business, get his head down and his chance would eventually come

the kid will have been offered a decent contract I am sure, with incentives, add ons and various other things

we can’t go making an 18/19 year old kid who has looked out of his depth in his previous 2 appearances in the first team, earning on par with some of the first team.  

That would be a recipe for disaster and what does that tell every other youngster in our dev squad and also, even if he was earning more than some of our established first team it would cause disharmony and also a target for us to be exploited more so by agents, and potential incoming players

yes we would all love to see GH were the number 9 shirt for Wednesday,

but we shouldn’t allow a kid to hold us to ransom, if he bleeds blue and white like us, he should sign it, knuckle down and try and regain some respect within the club

A friend of mine is a friend of Wildsmith in the summer before signing for 5 years he nearly left because the contract they offered initial before Westwood's injuries at the club was a complete joke. 

The club do not value youth and seem to miss the potential they have or what they could bring in the future, you can see this by Clare, Penny, Stobbs all being offered just 1 year contracts, United signed Brooks up to a 4 year deal after first giving him a taste of first team football.

Until our policy on playing past it over the hill rubbish like, Wallace, Nuihu, Jones, Abdi, Boyd etc and giving no chance what so ever to youth this club will continue to struggle.

Lets say O'Grady got a chance in the summer and the start of the season and took it and shined would we have then wasted £4m on Van Aken and the loan fee on Venancio, we could have saved the club £4-5m + wages, if you don't give youth a chance when will you ever know if they are ready. The boys out on loan at the moment will see they have no chance of progressing with us and will simply go elsewhere. 

5 minutes ago, Brad_owl said:

Not great for youngsters at Wednesday. We finally start getting a decent academy together and then we have a manager who doesn't believe in giving them a chance. How has Matt Penney not been given 10/15 here and there to aid his development, same with Hirst. 

3-0 up against Leeds would have been perfect to bring one on. 

What is going on at Wednesday. Not pleasing at all. 

Wouldn't be good for the youngsters if GH got a massive contract, 10x what any of them may be offered when he has done relatively little in the grand scheme of things, just because his name is Hirst. 

From what I understand Hirst wants a longer contract and a route to the first team the wages is purely agents trying to get the best deal.

When you manager is saying publicly no matter what he does he wont play for the first team for 18 months+ (in a lot of news conferences last season) then realistically would any player not want assurances that they will get a fare crack of the wip, 1 appearance in a weakened team against Cambridge is not a fair crack of the wip, give him the same level of chance we have given Reach or Hunt to consistently under perform for the first team and I would like to think he will score goals.

If he get the same level of support Rhodes has though he will probably not bother. 

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

A friend of mine is a friend of Wildsmith in the summer before signing for 5 years he nearly left because the contract they offered initial before Westwood's injuries at the club was a complete joke. 

The club do not value youth and seem to miss the potential they have or what they could bring in the future, you can see this by Clare, Penny, Stobbs all being offered just 1 year contracts, United signed Brooks up to a 4 year deal after first giving him a taste of first team football.

Until our policy on playing past it over the hill rubbish like, Wallace, Nuihu, Jones, Abdi, Boyd etc and giving no chance what so ever to youth this club will continue to struggle.

Lets say O'Grady got a chance in the summer and the start of the season and took it and shined would we have then wasted £4m on Van Aken and the loan fee on Venancio, we could have saved the club £4-5m + wages, if you don't give youth a chance when will you ever know if they are ready. The boys out on loan at the moment will see they have no chance of progressing with us and will simply go elsewhere. 

But lets be honest, how many players of ours have gone out on loan and excelled anywhere? 

Matt Penney didn't nail down a spot in Bradford's side for example, in fact barely featured. 

Regarding O'Grady example, were hardly in a position to just throw youngsters in and hope it works. Fans are demanding promotion.

Better, they go out on loan and make their claim that way, unless they're THAT good you just cant keep them out.

Using the GH example, anyone who saw his 2 senior appearances knows he's not ready. Just dishing out a big contract on the back of that would be foolish. 

Shame about the situation though, really is 

In preseason and the start of the season we had only Lees fit at center back, instead of signing anyone we play Pudil out of position.

A few years back Chelsea had a similar injury crisis and had to give a youngster game time he was given a chance and played 20+ games that season he was called John Terry, if you don't give players a chance when you need them you don't know what you might have.

We played a player out of position who can't even make the team at left back instead of trying one of our so called up and coming players there, that for me says everything you need to know about the chance of any of our youth players in the current set up at Hillsborough.Maybe we need to fall foul of FFP so the manager has to play younger players as you cannot sign anyone on more than £10,000 a week under the regulations or pay fees.

Edited by room0035

Look at Forest all the good young players they have coming through because they could not sign anyone because of FFP - Ben Osborne,Ben Bereton, Tyler Walker to name a few they have given a chance.

Blackburn too are giving youth a chance and producing players but they are having to sell on due to the Venky management - something I think we are in a lot of danger of following unless DC get rid of all of his useless advisers and gets football people in.

11 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Look at Forest all the good young players they have coming through because they could not sign anyone because of FFP - Ben Osborne,Ben Bereton, Tyler Walker to name a few they have given a chance.

Blackburn too are giving youth a chance and producing players but they are having to sell on due to the Venky management - something I think we are in a lot of danger of following unless DC get rid of all of his useless advisers and gets football people in.

Is that the same Forest that end up narrowly missing relegation year on year? Honestly mate, you sound insane lol 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LiamAP22D said:

I'd say if we get a few million for a lad that might not even make it....that's a good deal for the club.

We're not playing him even in the U23s. Do you think his value is increasing by not playing?

Do you think the tribunal will value him at a few million if he doesn't play any football for a year?

If we're not going to play him why didn't we cash in in August?

1 hour ago, Brad_owl said:

To be fair to Carlos....if the Chairman spaffs £30m on players he's going to be asking big questions if they get dropped from the match day squad for kids.

1 hour ago, LiamAP22D said:

Is that the same Forest that end up narrowly missing relegation year on year? Honestly mate, you sound insane lol 

We have good young players not given a chance the only way in the current set up that they will get a chance is if the current manager can't buy crap over the hill players. The sad fact is it would need to club in financial trouble for any younfg players to get a first team chance and the reason G Hirst won't sign a contract is........

Match day squad tomorrow on the bench will be near enough

Wildsmith, Palmer, Pudil, Jones, Nuihu, Jaoa, Matias - as Nuihu is a waste of time and do we really need a left back and right back on the bench.

But what if we had

Wildsmith, Palmer (who can play both left and right), Penny (left back), Jones, Joao, Matias, HIrst (striker0- let say we are 2 or 3 up with 15 minutes left do we bring on Nuihu or Matias because they need to play,  or do with give Hirst or Penny some first team football in a derby atmosphere in front of a big crowd in a game at 2 or 3 up we have already won. This is how most normal teams develop younger players giving them chances to shine and prove themselves but with reduced pressure on them.

If Liverpool in the 80's and 90's adopted the same policy as CC does currently would Redknapp, Owen, Fowler, Carragher, Murphy become footballers.

If Man Utd adopted our policy would Beckham, Giggs, Scholes, Butt, Neville (G & P) have got a chance.

NO you need to give youth a chance unless we will continue to mis out, not to mention up and coming 12/13 year old will not sign for our academy as we don't play youth and don't value it enough to offer any more and cheap 1 year deals.

Man Utd/Liverpool saved 3100m in player fees buy playing youth, how much better off could we be if OGrady was given a game instead of signing Van Aken, if Stobbs was given time we may not have waste £20k a week on an injured Boyd, If Hirst was in the team and playing well do we then need Rhodes on £40k+ a week sat on the bench doing nothing and could have even offloaded him for a fee. This is all if's and but's but if we don't give them a chance when will we ever know.

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Wildsmith, Palmer, Pudil, Jones, Nuihu, Jaoa, Matias - as Nuihu is a waste of time and do we really need a left back and right back on the bench.

But what if we had

Wildsmith, Palmer (who can play both left and right), Penny (left back), Jones, Joao, Matias, HIrst (striker0- let say we are 2 or 3 up with 15 minutes left do we bring on Nuihu or Matias because they need to play,  or do with give Hirst or Penny some first team football in a derby atmosphere in front of a big crowd in a game at 2 or 3 up we have already won. This is how most normal teams develop younger players giving them chances to shine and prove themselves but with reduced pressure on them.

If Liverpool in the 80's and 90's adopted the same policy as CC does currently would Redknapp, Owen, Fowler, Carragher, Murphy become footballers.

If Man Utd adopted our policy would Beckham, Giggs, Scholes, Butt, Neville (G & P) have got a chance.

NO you need to give youth a chance unless we will continue to mis out, not to mention up and coming 12/13 year old will not sign for our academy as we don't play youth and don't value it enough to offer any more and cheap 1 year deals.

Man Utd/Liverpool saved 3100m in player fees buy playing youth, how much better off could we be if OGrady was given a game instead of signing Van Aken, if Stobbs was given time we may not have waste £20k a week on an injured Boyd, If Hirst was in the team and playing well do we then need Rhodes on £40k+ a week sat on the bench doing nothing and could have even offloaded him for a fee. This is all if's and but's but if we don't give them a chance when will we ever know.

I;d bet we'd go down with you as manager.

10 minutes ago, LiamAP22D said:

I;d bet we'd go down with you as manager.

nah i always get promoted when i am manager. I also don't sign 10 players i don't need then don't play them.

Presumable thats the modern manager way

Let me know how much Nuihu and Pudil play tomorrow from the bench my prediction is ZERO minutes.

3 hours ago, room0035 said:

But what if we had

I'd like to give Penny a chance if scores permit, but Pudil (or Fox) is needed in case we have an injury at CH.