Carlos about not being able to play George Hirst "Sometimes modern football is a disaster"

59f1d2b7f2304_ScreenShot2017-10-26at13_17_25.thumb.jpg.128f0b95dd5356cdfd818cac2952eb05.jpg

The Sheffield Wednesday manager Carlos Carvalhal today explained the situation around George Hirst not featuring in the first team, explaining it's a contractual matter that's stopping anything happening, and that is out of Carlos' remit and control

"I dunno about this situation It's out of my orbit with contracts. I'm not inside this situation"

When asked if it was frustrating that such a talent existed at the club that he wasn't able to access due the contractual side of the club Carlos explained "It's not frustrating because it's not a player that's involved with us. I'm not a person to do contracts and it's completely out of my orbit and out of my hands"

"He's not working with us. I can't talk too much about it as I'm not involved in any of the contract stuff"

Carlos went onto explain "It's modern football. This is a situation of that. Sometimes modern is a disaster"

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, LiamAP22D said:

The lad clearly believe's his own hype and is being told he's a lot better than he actually is.

Get what we can at tribunal and move on.

As a father myself I would be keen to secure my son's financial future if an opportunity presents itself. The rest is up to George with regards how his career progresses...

2 minutes ago, Almat said:

As a father myself I would be keen to secure my son's financial future if an opportunity presents itself. The rest is up to George with regards how his career progresses...

You have to be realistic though, they have offered to make him the highest paid player ever at the club for his age.

The only person suffering at the moment is young George because he aint playing.

And as far as the first team's concerned, you don't miss what you've never had.

Edited by LiamAP22D

2 minutes ago, LiamAP22D said:

You have to be realistic though, they have offered to make him the highest paid player ever at the club for his age.

The only person suffering at the moment is young George because he aint playing.

I get you but he's mixing/excelling with kids his age in the England set up that are probably earning many multiples of what even the offer we have made is. Hard not to have your head turned in this situation. 

Edited by Almat
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Almat said:

I get you but he's mixing/excelling with kids his age in the England set up that are probably earning many multiples of what even the offer we have made is. Hard not to have your head turned in this situation. 

He is doing really well, I agree! Although I do believe his England appearances have been for the B team? (happy to be corrected if i'm wrong)

Personally, I think he'll end up like a Devante Cole playing for someone like Fleetwood Town.

He should be working hard to improve...not getting into contract spats at 17 or whatever he is. There's plenty of time for that once he's made abit of a name for himself.

But then again whilst our youngsters are seeing players like FF idolized despite the way he behaves, there really should be no surprise the young lads doing what he's being told to do.

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Is it true the Hirst is contracted by Doyen?..if so, are they not "Working on our behalf to get players"?...If true...What actually is the point of the the relationship?

It's so confusing

If what a few people have posted is to be believed we have Doyen negotiating with Doyen on this one?

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Is it true the Hirst is contracted by Doyen?..if so, are they not "Working on our behalf to get players"?...If true...What actually is the point of the the relationship?

1. Yes

2. Who knows? Maybe they are DC's 'friends'? 

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's so confusing

If what a few people have posted is to be believed we have Doyen negotiating with Doyen on this one?

Therein lies the problem Neil...Wonder how those negotiations pan out...

"I demand 4 Million £'s"

"No...I insist i give you 6Million £'s"

"Did you say 8 Million £'s?"

"Yes"

"10 it is then.........................

• Haha 4

Guest kelliesleftnut
10 minutes ago, LiamAP22D said:

He is doing really well, I agree! Although I do believe his England appearances have been for the B team? (happy to be corrected if i'm wrong)

Personally, I think he'll end up like a Devante Cole playing for someone like Fleetwood Town.

He should be working hard to improve...not getting into contract spats at 17 or whatever he is. There's plenty of time for that once he's made abit of a name for himself.

But then again whilst our youngsters are seeing players like FF idolized despite the way he behaves, there really should be no surprise the young lads doing what he's being told to do.

He has a total of 24 England caps for the under 17/18/19/20's scoring 15 goals, so I'm guessing you know little about him.

So curious to know what makes you think he will end up like Devante Cole ?