Carlos about not being able to play George Hirst "Sometimes modern football is a disaster"

30 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

I predict not, unless he learns from this quickly. 

The best footballers in the world are motivated intrinsically (to be the best player, etc), not extrinsically (finance, contracts, etc.). Sadly as CC alludes to young Hirst has fallen into the trap (or disaster) of modern day football, as it would seem his focus (or head) has significantly shifted away from what is important.

I commend the club for standing by their principles. 

I would imagine he’s been very poorly advised and influenced as we can all look back in at that age will have been

once he’s more stronger in decision making or a bit wiser this will no doubt change

his abilities will always be there.

out of all this it’s george I feel not getting what he wants. I’m sure with out the hype he just wants to play 

6 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

Because he won't sign a new contract (ie he's being advised not to)

So , presumably Doyen are wanting to move him on somewhere and line their pockets with him being a client of theirs.  

Guest Manwithastick
9 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

I’m sure the contract is a good one, yet Hirst (or his advisors) want more. 

I wouldn't have my lad sign it.

In my opinion david hirst as been around the club for the last 2 years and seen us dish out massive contracts to crap players..injured players..unknown players..well past thir best players..and then demanded the same for his son..for once the club has turned round and said no(rightly or wrongly)

3 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

Absolute drivel from cc as usual. This is the man who lied about Wednesday not being able to sign anyone this season due to restrictions under the fair play system. That was completely untrue.only two clubs are in danger of censure under the fair play system,they are Brighton and villa.

As for Hirst, he's turned down another contract again and good for him. Wednesday have messed him around and tried to ruin his career just to put him firmly in his place. Don't tell me that CC hasn't been part of that. 

As I've said before, the only way that Hirst will ever realise his incredible potential is by leaving a second rate outfit like wednesday. 

When he sees zombies like nuihi getting picked in front of him what must he think. A man who hasn't scored for over two seasons gets picked before Hirst. That is why he needs to bat out time and leave. 

Who was the last Wednesday player cinema come through the ranks and flourish into a class player? 

Why do wednesday even bother with a youth team?

Anyeay cc won't play anyone who isn't in his clique. The centre back from Portugal has clearly become another invisible man. 

I really don't know why the chairman allows cc to openly waste money time after time. 

Hirst know what he wants from football. Given the Peculiar and perplexing situation at Hillsborough it's no surprise he can't get a game and it's absolutely essential he gets away ASAP 

What an absolute load of gash 

Guest kelliesleftnut
7 minutes ago, Manwithastick said:

I wouldn't have my lad sign it.

You're p1ssing in the wind mate.

People who think the club can do no wrong have an easy target with young Hirst.

Such a sad case, why can't footballers prove a name for the,selves first in the first team before going for the big bucks.

ill never forget Danny cadamateri scoring 2 for Everton against wednesday in the late 90's and saying that kid is some prospect. 

As as it turned out all he wanted was money at the time and not bothered about his future career and development, and before you know it all that promise went down the pan proberbly cos he had a greedy agent and not a brain cell for himself 

5 minutes ago, Ronseal said:

In my opinion david hirst as been around the club for the last 2 years and seen us dish out massive contracts to crap players..injured players..unknown players..well past thir best players..and then demanded the same for his son..for once the club has turned round and said no(rightly or wrongly)

indeed

but imo the list is staggering how many players have been paid handsomely (I presume) for doing absolutely SFA

This lad is being touted as a prospect chased by premier clubs and we are about to lose him as I said it's sad 

as for idiots claiming he isnt all that I'd prefer the opinion of a dozen scouts that follow his every kick 

You can talk about George Hirst all day long, wrap yourself round in knots about who what why and when but the FACTS are he isn’t playing football for the U23’s because between him and his ‘advisors’ he refuses to sign a contract , and the reason he refuses to sign that contract is he wants more money or a guarantee of playing time (which no player should ever have) 

My message to the kid would be have a look down ur shorts and find ur own pair of balls , take a firm grip and ask yourself wether you want to be playing football or sat about letting others make decisions for you 

6 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

You can talk about George Hirst all day long, wrap yourself round in knots about who what why and when but the FACTS are he isn’t playing football for the U23’s because between him and his ‘advisors’ he refuses to sign a contract , and the reason he refuses to sign that contract is he wants more money or a guarantee of playing time (which no player should ever have) 

My message to the kid would be have a look down ur shorts and find ur own pair of balls , take a firm grip and ask yourself wether you want to be playing football or sat about letting others make decisions for you 

I would go to whoever will pay me the most..and im sure he will

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Nail on the head, the kid needs a look at himself 

if he was that good, Chelsea, city, arsenal, Man Utd and a few foreign clubs would be looking at him 

the kid needs to show he is willing to play and can play in the first team without moaning and complaining, sign the contract and do the business. 

3 minutes ago, Ronseal said:

I would go to whoever will pay me the most..and im sure he will

And that’s the modern day footballer 

should we as a club bend over to accommodate that attitude ?  Absolutely not ,  we blatantly pay good wages therefore I find it hard to believe Hirst has been offered a derisory contract