Carlos about not being able to play George Hirst "Sometimes modern football is a disaster"

It is wholly possible that both sides of this are acting sensibly.  He is wise to want to move if premier league clubs are offering shedloads. We may be wise not to match those shedloads esp if his demands are on a par with upper first team wages (as they are rumoured to be but of course no one knows).

Just the way it is. If he turns out to be as good as his father then he will end up playing for a big club and certainly wouldn't be with us even in the premier league.   Similarly it's quite plausible that for highly rated 18yos we can't in the end compete.

People talk about the phrase "No one is bigger than the club"

It's been rolled out to various chairmen, board members, managers and players, 

It now seems we have found the one person that is actually bigger than the club..... George Hirst

Or so some people think .......

I predict

George Hirst to eventually become  a future premier league footballer. 

Signing for a club after his contract expires we get a minimum fee through tribunal.

he will perform well to excellent through the leagues whilst on loan.

and he probably will have no future issues with contract negotiations.

he will have a good career 

whos fault, probably No ones if you believe you are right in your offer or negotiability  but will Wednesday benefit. Not really.

44 minutes ago, fpowl said:

I predict

Signing for a club after his contract expires we get a minimum fee through tribunal.

whos fault, probably No ones if you believe you are right in your offer or negotiability  but will Wednesday benefit. Not really.

I predict not, unless he learns from this quickly. 

The best footballers in the world are motivated intrinsically (to be the best player, etc), not extrinsically (finance, contracts, etc.). Sadly as CC alludes to young Hirst has fallen into the trap (or disaster) of modern day football, as it would seem his focus (or head) has significantly shifted away from what is important.

I commend the club for standing by their principles. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

39 minutes ago, fpowl said:

I predict

Maybe but you are overlooking that he is giving up a year of development at a crucial age. It could be that other players will catch up with him or overtake him whilst he sits this year out.

Terrible scenario that is obviously all about money and I'm not taking sides on that one.

1 minute ago, Wakefield owl said:

Maybe but you are overlooking that he is giving up a year of development at a crucial age. It could be that other players will catch up with him or overtake him whilst he sits this year out.

Terrible scenario that is obviously all about money and I'm not taking sides on that one.

But is he ? 

Or is the club stopping him ? 

6 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

But is he ? 

As is said, it comes down to valuation and unfortunately at this stage in GH’s career that shouldn’t be a stumbling block (or as said, his motivation). The fact that it is, suggests that the issue rests with the player (and/or his advisors) and not the club. At the end of the day, if he’s worth it he’ll prove it on the field (at professional level) and in turn the money and finance will look after itself.  

Edited by AwokenGiant

Just now, AwokenGiant said:

As is said, it comes down to valuation and unfortunately at this stage in GH’s career that shouldn’t be a stumbling block (or as said, his motivation). The fact that it is, suggests that the issue rests with the player (and/or his advisors) and not the club. 

This is where it becomes very murky with him being a Doyen client. 

7 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

This is where it becomes very murky with him being a Doyen client. 

Exactly, and any advisor that is telling a young footballer to sit tight and not play football (whatever the circumstances) cannot have the player’s best interest at heart. 

Edited by AwokenGiant
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

Exactly, but any advisor that is telling a young footballer to sit tight and not play football (whatever the circumstances) cannot have the player’s best interest at heart. 

genuinely believe the only people who has George's interests at heart are his family 

our club and fans are interested in his worth to us going forward as a footballer and asset 

to his agents he's a number a cash cow 

so sad really 

2 minutes ago, steelowl said:

genuinely believe the only people who has George's interests at heart are his family 

our club and fans are interested in his worth to us going forward as a footballer and asset 

to his agents he's a number a cash cow 

so sad really 

Indeed, but you’d have thought/hoped that Hirst Snr would be advising him based on his experience. He’s been a part of the culture so should see right though what’s happening. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

7 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

Exactly, and any advisor that is telling a young footballer to sit tight and not play football (whatever the circumstances) cannot have the player’s best interest at heart. 

have I missed summat ...I thought it was chansiri who was not playing him ......I don't think he's refused 

25 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

But is he ? 

Who knows but either way his development is sure to suffer.

Whatever rights and wrongs are he could be playing next week if he wanted to so perhaps it is his choice?

Edited by Wakefield owl