Naming rights for the stadium

5 minutes ago, Ronseal said:

It wudnt even pay that

Derby County in 2013 named their stadium the Ipro stadium for a 10 year £7 Million deal. With inflation we may get £10 Million so £1 Million a year. I think for the sake of the name of the stadium it's worth it.

4 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Derby County in 2013 named their stadium the Ipro stadium for a 10 year £7 Million deal. With inflation we may get £10 Million so £1 Million a year. I think for the sake of the name of the stadium it's worth it.

I million a year ..about 10 months of abdis 4 year contract then..:duntmatter:

3 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Read on Twitter we were offered 1 million wanted 3.

Hillsborough happened. The clubs moved on. Changing the name won't change what happened. Playing devils advocate imagine how families of those who lost their lives feel? They could see it as a way of the club trying forget or hide what happened. 

2 minutes ago, Adam1867 said:

Also take a little bit away from the disaster. Bad connotations surround the Hillsborough name.

From the other side, won't a lot of companies be put off by the idea of it becoming Hillsborough/The Dave's Used Tyres stadium?

14 minutes ago, Ronseal said:

I million a year ..about 10 months of abdis 4 year contract then..:duntmatter:

This income would just be one part of increasing revenue. then increased ticket prices and schemes like 1867 might not be needed. 1 million a year won't fix everything but I think that will earn more than some of the schemes being dreamed up.

on a side note, did we give Abdi a 4 year deal? Jesus.

3 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

If it's a way for us to strengthen the side within FFP limits, then I would be in favour of it.

The key word in that sentence however is "strengthen". If we are going to use it to sign more players in their 30's who are going to spend their time going from the treatment room to the bench and vice versa, then I really don't see  the point.

How many players over 30 have we signed?.