Sheffield Wednesday Steering Meeting - The Minutes

11 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

The clamour to sign Rhodes was overwhelming.

Maybe you and a handful of others didn't want him in advance, but just read back through a couple of pages of the many hundreds of Rhodes pages and you will see the vast majority of fans were desperate for us to sign him.

We’d have liked Messi too and George Hirst. Do we actually believe it? That’s football club bases its recruitment policy on a fans forum. 

There’s another one here @pgmetcalf

lol

Edited by rickygoo

They is a clamour from supporters of all clubs to buy star players in particular strikers.

To buy Rhodes at around £8m plus astronomic wages, a signing that has pushed us towards the limit of FFP when we didn't really need him and no real thought was given if his style would suit the team is bad management to put it kindly.

The reason given is supporters wanted it is a laughable reason to buy an expensive player.

48 minutes ago, Bodhidharma said:

Fans wanting Jordan Rhodes is a red herring. 

'Fans' can mean two posters on owlstalk. 

Don't blame us for the Jordan Rhodes signing Dc, blame yourself. 

I couldn't believe what I was reading when I saw they have signed players from the fans recommendation  

I wanted a proven scorer in rhodes yeah, but this was before we signed winnall, once we signed winnall I said straight away I don't want us to spend so much on rhodes 

I'm sorry but the whole thing is Pharisaical, I feel sorry for DC, so badly advised.

I went to this meeting for the first time. I confess I don’t know Malcolm, what he has or hasn’t written, and what the prior history has been, but he seemed to ask reasonable questions to me and was targeted a few times for quite direct criticism from Chansiri. It seemed a little unnecessary and to lack a little class tbh, given the Club have all the facts on any given issue, but then again as I’ve said I don’t know the history. The quid pro quo would have been to publicly flog Joe Palmer for placing a contract on a critical commercial item (ie the kit and merchandise) with a new Chinese supplier, using a badly drawn up contract which seems to offer little protection to the Buyer, in an important sales period, and writing the mess off as a “learning curve that could happen to anyone”, and Chansiri (quite rightly and laudably) didn’t do that. B*******gs at work should stay private. So, a shame that a supporter was publicly targeted in this meeting and even more of a shame that the experience seems to have driven him away.

2 minutes ago, gypsyowl said:

I couldn't believe what I was reading when I saw they have signed players from the fans recommendation  

I wanted a proven scorer in rhodes yeah, but this was before we signed winnall, once we signed winnall I said straight away I don't want us to spend so much on rhodes 

I'm sorry but the whole thing is Pharisaical, I feel sorry for DC, so badly advised.

1. of or relating to the Pharisees. 2. (lowercase) practicing or advocating strict observance of external forms and ceremonies of religion or conduct without regard to the spirit; self-righteous; hypocritical.

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

now ive never heard of this bloke but if he's going on line writing about the club and giving an opinion then he must realise that not everyone is going to agree with him and he may well cop a volley  from those that like dishing it out . matters not if the abuse is justified or not you know your going to get some .whats the saying" if cant stand the heat" ........he should tell em to shove it and just carry on .

Edited by torryowl

40 minutes ago, Grandad said:

The best thing we can all do as fans (unless you really do want us to implode) is to accept the Chairmans decision on the manager (even if you dont agree with it), and ensure we are fully supportive of the manager and team from Saturday onwards.

We didn't need Rhodes
Before he'd even kicked the ball I was saying it was a colossal waste of money considering what we already had at the club

Why no one at the club could see that and or/did chose to ignore it because of a fan want beggars belief

I should imagine thousands more fans clamoured for stripes on the kit than clamoured for the club to sign Jordan Rhodes 

They took no notice of that but relied on our judgement on a multi million £ player?

Sorry DC I don't believe it 

If I did believe it ,I would be seriously worried

34 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

The clamour to sign Rhodes was overwhelming.

Maybe you and a handful of others didn't want him in advance, but just read back through a couple of pages of the many hundreds of Rhodes pages and you will see the vast majority of fans were desperate for us to sign him.

So it was the fans' fault lol

Why are people actually arguing about whether the fans wanted Rhodes or not???? lol

it is irrelevant.

It doesn't matter if every single fan wrote a letter to the Chairman requesting it.

It would be total fookwittery of the highest order to base your transfer policy on what the fans said.

And to actually admit it, is quite frankly embarrassing.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

1 hour ago, Bodhidharma said:

Fans wanting Jordan Rhodes is a red herring. 

'Fans' can mean two posters on owlstalk. 

Don't blame us for the Jordan Rhodes signing Dc, blame yourself. 

Or blame Carlos for not getting the best out of him 

22 minutes ago, Sonny said:

There was definitely a massive clamour to sign Rhodes over several transfer windows. No idea why he would listen to the fans though. Hopefully that’s a lesson learnt.

There’s been a massive clamour for a decent CB but we’re still waiting.

26 minutes ago, Sheffield1973 said:

I went to this meeting for the first time. I confess I don’t know Malcolm, what he has or hasn’t written, and what the prior history has been, but he seemed to ask reasonable questions to me and was targeted a few times for quite direct criticism from Chansiri. It seemed a little unnecessary and to lack a little class tbh, given the Club have all the facts on any given issue, but then again as I’ve said I don’t know the history.

The quid pro quo would have been to publicly flog Joe Palmer for placing a contract on a critical commercial item (ie the kit and merchandise) with a new Chinese supplier, using a badly drawn up contract which seems to offer little protection to the Buyer, in an important sales period, and writing the mess off as a “learning curve that could happen to anyone”, and Chansiri (quite rightly and laudably) didn’t do that.

B*******gs at work should stay private. So, a shame that a supporter was publicly targeted in this meeting and even more of a shame that the experience seems to have driven him away.

Spot on

Owlstalk Shop