People blaming Loovens?

Ridiculous...

Never a sending off.

Especially considering it was 4 mins in and a first offence.

Ref should have realised it was the club captain and had a word with him with a yellow card.

The penalty was a harsh enough punishment, referees used to have a bit of common sense.

IMO it wasn't even a foul but thats neither here nor there really.

Summary: Shocking run of poor refereeing decisions are exacerbating a terrible run of results. 

Guest RocketOwl
5 minutes ago, Marc Degryse said:

Ridiculous...

Never a sending off.

Ref should have realised it was the club captain and had a word with him with a yellow card.

The penalty was a harsh enough punishment, referees used to have a bit of common sense.

Summary: Shocking run of poor refereeing decisions are exacerbating a terrible run of results. 

It's a joke really the fouls on Hooper and Fletcher were on par.

45 minutes ago, akbuk said:

What happened to the double jeopardy rule

Supposedly that only comes into play where a genuine attempt has been made to play the ball

As the ref has decided there's no genuine attempt to play the ball (which to be fair there wasn't), the second he decided it's a penalty offence it's also a red card offence. 

I think if it was the other way round we would be clamouring for their player to be sent off. Which makes it all the more baffling that he didn't give Fletcher a penalty because refs often look to balance things up, particularly as it was so early in the game. On another note,  did anybody think the initial contact started outside the box? Would still be a sending off but no penalty. 

It was possibly the right decision, I was 120yd away and will not be watching any replays so I can't be sure.

However what I am absolutely sure of is if the same foul had been committed on FF we would not have got the penalty.

Infact a very similar  foul was made on FF at Forest last season . 

It was a clear foul in a better goal scoring position and we got zilch 

For all those saying we are making excuses I would say go to games and watch. We are way on the debit side when it comes to decisions 

7 hours ago, Marc Degryse said:

Ridiculous...

Never a sending off.

Except that all games have an official observer and failure to issue a mandatory sanction would see the ref crucified in application of law and whatever else the observer could find. 1st 2nd or 119th minute of extra time if you award a penalty there it has to be followed by a red. 

Also the laws of the game specifically state that the captain has no special priveleges so again theres no wiggle room, because he is club captain. 

Sadly this isnt a common sense decision its a mandatory. Common sense decisions are like when Mike Jones ruled out Leroy Fer for Norwich when they were supposed to be playing the ball back or Mike Dean keeping a brum player in the villa half so they couldnt restart whilst brum were at the other end celebrating. 

Edited by Warringtonowl

Loovens fouled him and it denied a obvious goalscoring opportunity as he was last man. Double jeopardy doesn't apply as he shoved him and didn't make an attempt for the ball. No complaints.

My only complaint would be towards Loovens for his stupidity. No need to make the challenge. Had Vydra gone through and scored we could still have recovered with 11 men. Vydra might not have even scored and it'd still be 0-0 with 11 v 11. If you're going to give a penalty away at least make a challenge for the ball so that the double jeopardy rule comes into play and you only get a yellow. As club captain he should know better and totally deserves the blame.

Credit must go to the 10 that had to pick up the pieces and battled on admirably for the rest of the match. They could have easily thrown the towel in but they fought for the manager and club, really had Derby frustrated until the second goal and could even have nicked a late point but for that goal.

I blame DC not loovens the guy has been out injured had no game time to sharpen up and thrown back into the first team.

The under 23 played midweek pudil, Butterfield and fox get a run out and only 1 plays I would have given loovens 60 minutes to sharpen up but what do I know.